Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Fri 28-Feb-20 06:09:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark, but a dry start here in Brackley this morning, was expecting to see rain or other in Brackley if forecast was right>
Today, small shop then see how day goes , may take a bus ride unsure at the moment or watch cycling on TV this morning.
Mick

Kalu Fri 28-Feb-20 10:53:53

Good morning from a damp looking Glasgow.

A quick shop and hairdressers today. I’m still coughing too Marydoll so I started using First Defence nasal spray which my lovely GP says her mother swears by.

Oh Mommawolf I could cuddle your puppy all day but as it is a working dog, I know that’s no no. Good,luck with the training.

Good to hear your day went better than you thought it would BladeAnnie
Almost there Dragonfly Wishing you a positive outcome at the end of this journey.
Lovely news Conor Congratulations and enjoy all those cuddles with your new bundle of joy.
Thinking of you gilly

Best wishes to all and hoping you day goes well.

hulahoop Fri 28-Feb-20 10:56:36

Congratulations Conor on the safe arrival of your grandaughter I love having a baby to cuddle . Hope all goes well with your chemo sorry to hear about clot on lungs . It's raining here in west Yorks so doing housework today .

Nortsat46 Fri 28-Feb-20 11:11:01

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a grey and wet east London.
Grammaretto thank you for your ?yesterday, much appreciated and ‘right back at ya’ ?

My friend and I had lunch in the community cafe in a park ... the sun shone, the daffodils and crocuses were out, lots of mums and babies and dog walkers ... couldn’t have been better.

My poor partner has recently had an operation on his hand and yesterday he tripped, put his hand out to save himself and caused an injury to his tender scar. It looked like a blood bath, but mercifully looked worse than it was (phew).

Thinking of all who are facing challenges today and special good thoughts to BladeAnnie, the Gillybobs, Dragonfly, congratulations to Conor. Mommawolf your photo of the puppy yesterday really made me smile.

Have the best day you can, all ?

flowersfromheaven Fri 28-Feb-20 11:12:48

Good Morning from a sleeting Sheffield.

whywhywhy Fri 28-Feb-20 11:17:24

Good morning from a very wet Market Harborough.

Sending love and hugs to the Gillybobs and all who are suffering, depressed or just plain fed up today.
X

EllanVannin Fri 28-Feb-20 11:23:55

Good Morning All x
A miserable wet morning with a bit of a breeze blowing making it feel colder than it is.
Mustering up the oomph to wash paintwork/tiles in the kitchen. I've been meaning to do it for a while now as well as slinging out " things " which are cluttering the worktops. I'll get there eventually. smile

I love reading about Mommawolf and her "menagerie" and the pic of the pup looks like one of my cats who is a part-Persian with the same colouring----and she's ruined !

Sorry to hear Dragonfly has had a worrying side-effect of her chemo but I'm sure the staff will keep an eye on that. It's usually the type of chemo that's used that can cause it. Hope all goes well for you x

Rest up Marydoll or you'll meet yourself coming back, take it easy.
Hoping the Gillybobs didn't have too bad a night. xx

A coffee now then I'll get cracking with the kitchen sad
Stay well everyone and keep warm. Enjoy whatever you intend doing.

Urmstongran Fri 28-Feb-20 11:37:30

You don’t sound any more upbeat whywhywhy than a few days ago. You sound low in yourself.
?

moggie Fri 28-Feb-20 13:08:52

Congratulations conor on the safe arrival of your granddaughter.

Grammaretto Fri 28-Feb-20 13:51:28

Congratulations conor such wonderful news ❤
Our little people have chicken pox so we will be avoiding them this weekend. Can you catch shingles from cp?

conor Fri 28-Feb-20 13:59:43

Thank you all for your good wishes! So lovely to share good news. I have been shopping this morning in the rain and bought quite a lot of pink. Mum and baby hope to be home later today and only live 5 minutes away so will have lots of cuddles xxxx

kittylester Fri 28-Feb-20 14:27:21

Congratulations conor. Lovely news!

No gramaretto but you can give someone cp if you have shingles.

My DD3 and her lot have had chickenpox so I have been avoiding them as I have never had it.

Grammaretto Fri 28-Feb-20 19:08:12

Thanks kittylester I want to see them. I presume I have had cp. I can't remember having it but all our DC had it and I didn't catch it.
One DGC is getting over it, the other is incubating it. However DH is having cancer treatment so probably best to avoid exposure cuddles