Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(93 Posts)
12Michael Fri 06-Mar-20 06:11:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its starting to be day light , looks like some ground frost as well here in Brackley .
My day will be shop, bank, maybe go out later but will see, one event I wanted to watch tomorrow which takes place on the gravel roads of Tuscany has been cancelled , but hope the other cycle race starts in France on Sunday, but will see.
Mick

Scentia Fri 06-Mar-20 07:53:52

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Just been out in the car to make a delivery and realised I cannot reach the windscreen to scrape it!!! (I don’t drive very often)
Working from home today, I will hopefully get into the back garden to tidy it up a little in readiness for the spring. Just heard on our local news that some moron has shot the male Peregrine Falcon in a town near to me and it has died. What is wrong with some people?
Here’s to everyone with any struggles,?? hope today will bring a smile to your faces?

NannyJan53 Fri 06-Mar-20 07:53:55

Sorry you were upset by posts Marydoll flowers

Gingster Fri 06-Mar-20 07:56:35

We have deleted any posts that we thought were insensitive or referred to a recently deceased user.

Curlywhirly Fri 06-Mar-20 08:02:19

We have deleted any posts that we thought were insensitive or referred to a recently deceased user.

Urmstongran Fri 06-Mar-20 08:03:24

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another gorgeous day. I took this photo at 8am whilst waiting for the kettle to boil for my cuppa.

Marydoll Fri 06-Mar-20 08:08:52

Just rub it in, Urmstongran !!!!!! grin

Bellasnana Fri 06-Mar-20 08:09:40

Good morning from Malta where it is a lovely, sunny day. I’m going to walk to the hairdresser instead of taking the car as I need to blow the cobwebs away.

I felt a bit better yesterday but have woken up today with my heart thumping and the panic setting in again. It’s horrible, but nothing to what many of you are going through.

My thoughts are with you all and hoping the day turns out well for everyone.sunshine

Urmstongran Fri 06-Mar-20 08:11:08

Oops! Pressed send instead of continuing!

Thinking of you dear Marydoll today - you are having a tough time of it and delaying the change in your meds’ too for the upcoming nuptials.

Are you feeling less anxious today Bellasnana? I hope so.
And what about you today*EV*? I kept thinking about your sadness yesterday.

Hello newbie ArtySue in Cornwall ?

I hope your husband’s hospital appointment goes well today gillybob with a plan of action. His pain and sleepless nights have drained you both.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or, like me, none. x

BlueBelle Fri 06-Mar-20 08:14:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

loopyloo Fri 06-Mar-20 08:14:26

Well, Mammawolf was visiting friends in Essex so this accident may have happened in Essex Suffolk or Norfolk. They lived in Norfolk I presume? Very sad.

Lins1066 Fri 06-Mar-20 08:15:50

Good Morning Mick and all.
Seems cold and damp on S Welsh coast.
Going to see the GP this morning as this conjunctivitis is not getting better. I've been to the chemist ( a week ago ) then the optician so I did what was recommended.

I'm sorry that I have missed some posts this week, my sincere condolences go to Ellan and her family, I'm so very sorry.
I hope that you are better Mary. Thinking of gilly and her DH.
Hope everyone will have a decent day.

BlueBelle Fri 06-Mar-20 08:18:46

mumofmadboys delete that it wasn’t the right date at all so I m giving out false evidence sorry I must look more closely date right year wrong no idea why that popped up

dragonfly46 Fri 06-Mar-20 08:23:49

Good morning from a sunny frosty Leicestershire.

Taking DH for eye test at GPS this morning but will wait in the car. Silly to take risks.

That’s a lot of cups of tea kitty!

Hope you are feeling better marydoll. Thinking of you Ellen and hoping the scans go well gilly.

BlueBelle Fri 06-Mar-20 08:24:05

I think we really must believe that it was a real post and I feel even sadder for the daughter if she’s reading any of this

Anyway have a lovely day everyone I can see spring maybe round the corner and the end of these dark dank days

cornergran Fri 06-Mar-20 08:25:18

Morning Mick, morning All. There’s some shock in our corner of Somerset - it isn’t raining. Looks like it’s been dry for a while, not used to this. Welcome artysue, good to hear from you. Need a food shop today, will have to return for a couple of things tomorrow as our Sunday lodgers can’t make up their minds what they want to eat. The moral of the tale is don’t ask them! Hope Friday is kind to us all especially those with struggles of any kind.

mumofmadboys Fri 06-Mar-20 08:27:39

I think I found that news item when I looked Bluebelle and realised it was the wrong year

Ginny42 Fri 06-Mar-20 08:28:35

Aiden Fri 06-Mar-20 08:31:02

Mapleleaf Fri 06-Mar-20 08:31:43

Good morning all,

A bright and frosty morning in my neck of the woods - some cars parked overnight have a thin layer of frost on them.

Opticians later. I suspect that I will need new glasses this time. Seems to be all pay out at the moment!

Kind thoughts to those unwell or sad.

Take care, everyone.

Cherrytree59 Fri 06-Mar-20 08:39:42

Good morning to all on this lovely thread.

I posted this on the end of yesterday's Good Morning Thursday.

On the 1st March 13:11
Lisagran posted that
She had heard it on the news, as she was on holiday in her camper van in the area. She went on to say the family must be very shocked.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 06-Mar-20 08:44:37

If anyone wants to "discuss" this can they start a new thread and not spoil this one.

Micks thread is normally so positive and supportive and I am saddened that it is being manipulated in this way.

Aiden flowers to you and your family at this very sad time.

JenniferEccles Fri 06-Mar-20 08:46:08

I will now admit that I had my doubts about this ‘news’ right from the start mainly because of the timing, but as everyone else was expressing sympathy I kept quiet.

The latest posting has sadly confirmed my suspicions.
Shameful.

Nannytopsy Fri 06-Mar-20 08:46:45

Good morning Mick and all his followers. I am late today as we went to see Fishermen’s Friends last night and didn’t get to bed until 1.30! Boy was Essex WET! There had been so much rain that we drove through floods at one point.
Lovely morning in Suffolk, off to meet a GNer at the local garden centre. Tonight we have DGC for sleepovers until Sunday - wish us luck!

GrannySomerset Fri 06-Mar-20 08:48:00

Beautiful cold sunny morning, which lifts the spirits - just what we all seem to need just now. World Day of Prayer service this morning, taking a friend to collect her car from the garage, then supermarket this afternoon (assuming there is anything left to buy). Better get DH up and ready for the day, so hope everyone has a good one, especially our poorly posters and those with sorrows and anxieties to cope with.

Greyduster Fri 06-Mar-20 09:00:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a sunny South Yorkshire. The good news is we are NOT going looking at furniture today! Yay! A bit of food shopping (if there is any!), and then a general tidy up and some laundry. Have a good day folks.