Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Sat 14-Mar-20 06:08:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just daylight here in Brackley and we have had rain overnight .
Today after breakfast will do laundry , then will go out to Buckingham and Bicester as normal .
Mind you where I live extra precautions have come into play as well.
Mick

gillybob Sat 14-Mar-20 10:39:57

Oh PS couldn’t get any loo roll at all yesterday when I took my dad shopping . Selfish beeps have cleared the shelves.

Purplepixie Sat 14-Mar-20 11:39:15

Good morning all, I'm fairly new here but love to read the thread.

I shopped yesterday at our local asda and a bloke was coming out as I went in with a trolly packed with the giant size packs of toilet rolls!!!!! I felt like kicking him in the nuts and running off with the lot, selfish people make me mad. None left when I got in. No pasta or hand soap. Well I hope these selfish people all get diarrhea!!!

On that note have a lovely weekend. winethankssunshine

Susan56 Sat 14-Mar-20 11:51:54

In Sainsbury’s yesterday,a family had a trolley piled high with toilet rolls etc,the dad was pushing the trolley and the mum and daughter were walking besides him carrying so much pasta the mum dropped her supply.It was just pure greed,no pasta left on the shelves,no loo rolls?

Grammaretto Sat 14-Mar-20 12:16:00

Someone on the radio explained why the rush on toilet paper. There is no shortage yet, except what they are creating, but it's to do with perception of dirt. Dirt = germs = virus = diarrhoea.
The selfish gene is another thing. angry.
When I was a small child I washed with a flannel which was then boiled.

^in days of old, when knights were bold and paper wasn't invented,
You wiped your arse on a piece of grass and went back home contented^ anon.

Granniesunite Sat 14-Mar-20 12:18:30

So funny.

EllanVannin Sat 14-Mar-20 12:30:08

No shortage of t.rolls in my two local shops !

GabriellaG54 Sat 14-Mar-20 13:02:34

After noting your questionable error Urmstongran, I was going to write 'Oh shit' but maybe not a good idea...??
Today I went for my twice daily run along the beaches and right around the island twice.
Mind you, I do stop to chat whenever I meet the locals and yesterday a girl and her dog accompanied me on one circuit...the youth of today can't keep up with the old guard...tee hee hee ?
Sun and cloud in equal measure so far but the views are to die for...well, not quite but you get my drift.
There'll be nothing left on the shelves when I arrive home on Monday but I can live on bread and water, no prob.
I bought a 50ml pot Lacura Q10 night cream (£1.65) and their Q10 day serum (£2.99) from Aldi online before travelling and cannot believe how effective they are, so much so that I have ordered 6 pots of the night cream and 2 serums plus a caviar day cream in red pot which is around £6.
They are seriously worth it.
I'm 75 but now look 14 3/4.
Do I hear laughing...? ??

Now I'm off to have lunch and a chat with some people in the pub...just water for me and I may get an invite for tea later if I'm lucky.
Meanwhile, warm thoughts to everyone reading this and I hope your day is a happy one.
Keep smiling
Gabriella
BTW, Urmstongran, don't forget your autograph book and selfie stick tonight ??

Marydoll Sat 14-Mar-20 13:05:08

Welcome back!

Curlywhirly Sat 14-Mar-20 13:34:20

GabriellaG54 welcome back! I totally agree with you re: Aldi's face creams. I have tried all sorts, cheap ones, expensive ones, even tried one given to me by Good Housekeeping Magazine (I am on their Customer Survey list); it turned out to be a make I have never heard of, but was stocked by Harvey Nicks - £80 a pot! Still prefer the Q10 Aldi one!

GabriellaG54 Sat 14-Mar-20 14:47:43

Thank you Marydoll ? and Curlywhirly?
It's great to be back but sad to know so many of you have needed hospital and GP visits. Here's hoping you get all meds and appointments sorted PDQ.
Wow! £80 per pot? I'd want a face lift for that price but I'm very happy with the results so far with Lacura. The prices are unbelievable, mind you, I've never splurged on face cream.
Usually use Ponds, Nivea, Astral or Bio Oil plus some of the products in the M&S 2018 Xmas Advent calendar of which I bought two and I've just started the second box. ?

kittylester Sat 14-Mar-20 18:42:30

I have used the serum for years since it won something and only look about 35 now. I use Nivea moisturiser.

GabriellaG54 Sat 14-Mar-20 19:20:51

kittylester
I'm guessing that you're really 22 but now look 36...????

Ok, joke over?

annsixty Sat 14-Mar-20 19:42:58

My only problem with all Aldi creams, which are probably very good, is that they sting the eyes something r....n.
The only one I use now is the £2:99 serum under my moisturiser which is whatever is on offer when I need it.
At82 I look about 70, believe that if you will ?

dragonfly46 Sat 14-Mar-20 20:03:45

I believe it ann

annsixty Sat 14-Mar-20 21:03:31

You are too kind dragonfly

GabriellaG54 Sat 14-Mar-20 21:09:51

I believe that having a kind trustworthy face is better than any false perceived 'beauty' that can be washed off at the end of the day.