Gransnet forums

Chat

Welcome to Gransnet

(231 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 16-Mar-20 13:53:45

We just wanted to wish a warm welcome to all new members of Gransnet. flowers

In these difficult times, whether you are self-isolating or just looking for friendly chat as a distraction from the constant bad news, having an online community available at all hours of the day and night has never been more important. Gransnet users are always ready to offer support, conversation and (virtual) company.

So please pour yourself a cuppa (or a wine) and use this thread to introduce yourself. brew And if you get stuck we have a page on getting started, which you can find here.

Also, if you're looking for an easy first thread to post on, look out for the regular Good Morning thread where users greet each other every morning.

Rosalyn69 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:06:44

Thank you.
Self isolating senior.

Charleygirl5 Tue 17-Mar-20 12:19:22

Welcome- join the club! Another "gentle" post is soop's kitchen. Most of us have "known" each other for many years and some have been to meetups but I promise you will receive a warm welcome.

Mapleleaf Tue 17-Mar-20 12:37:40

Welcome, Rosalyn69. Another nice thread I’ve just been on is one started by Pantglas2 asking what little treats we are all doing to cheer us up today. Worth a look. ?

jdga Wed 18-Mar-20 03:52:05

Thank-you, I’m v glad to be here. smile

Rosalyn69 Wed 18-Mar-20 07:11:09

Just feeling my feet. Thank you. smile

Charleygirl5 Wed 18-Mar-20 10:15:46

Good Rosalyn it takes a while because some of the threads are very fast moving- others go at a more leisurely pace.

Rosalyn69 Thu 19-Mar-20 10:51:28

Thanks. I understand that. ?

Grateful Thu 19-Mar-20 16:18:44

Gmorning everyone. Im new. Just trying to stay positive. smile

AGAA4 Thu 19-Mar-20 16:24:41

Not been here long but it has helped me so much at the moment. The GNs on here are lovely and supportive and if you live alone it is a huge comfort.

sodapop Thu 19-Mar-20 17:22:10

Welcome to new members, hope GN helps in these troubled times. There is some light relief on here.

Charleygirl5 Thu 19-Mar-20 18:09:16

Welcome Grateful & AGAA4. Take you time and look around- hopefully something will interest you.

We usually encourage meetups but these have been temporarily suspended in these troubled times.

almostelderly Sat 21-Mar-20 10:03:00

Please forgive the user name! I am already tiring of being referred to as 'elderly'. I always thought the 60's were the new 50's! I have literally just joined the site so 'hello' to one and all.

Charleygirl5 Sat 21-Mar-20 10:16:07

Welcome almostelderly. Just read what I have advised others to do above and you will find your way around.

Wigtown Sat 21-Mar-20 10:46:22

Thanks for the welcome. Just navigating the site and wanted to say a big “hello”.

Pikachu Sat 21-Mar-20 11:03:39

Thank you

Charleygirl5 Sat 21-Mar-20 13:27:39

Wigtown and Pikachu welcome- enjoy the threads, there are some very kind people on GN who will help you if required.

Pikachu Sat 21-Mar-20 15:21:41

Thank you again.

Funkylady2 Sat 21-Mar-20 16:27:42

hi, I have been meaning to register on GN for some time as a start in trying to break out of my self imposed isolation due to depression and anxiety. In a way, this Covid crisis has pushed me into action. A virtual community to restore a sense of connection with others. Thank you for being here.

rafichagran Sat 21-Mar-20 16:49:48

Funkylady If you feel up to it, come and join us on the Black Dog thread in heath. You will get a warm welcome and good advice if needed.

Wigtown Sat 21-Mar-20 16:50:12

Hi I can sympathise. Moved to help look after my little grandson on non nursery days. Left friends and neighbours behind and now in self isolation. Just found out about GN this morning pushed myself to join. Finding my way around as yet but loving the conversations I’ve seen. Thanks so much.

Charleygirl5 Sat 21-Mar-20 17:35:04

Wigtown There are two other threads where you will be warmly welcomed and will not get your head bitten off and they are Good Morning and soop's kitchen. We are all in this together and we will get through it.

Baggyjumper Sun 22-Mar-20 07:05:27

Hello everyone. I have just joined. I am looking forward to being part of the community. Just one thing though - I am in my 60s but have no grandchildren just two adult single children at home. Is that alright?

Charleygirl5 Sun 22-Mar-20 09:45:45

Welcome Baggyjumper- of course that is absolutely fine. I have no children therefore no grandchildren so please do not give a thought to it!

Hatcham Sun 22-Mar-20 11:07:25

Hello all
Also new to Gransnet, looking forward to making new (virtual) friends!