Gransnet forums

Chat

Your treat for today

(246 Posts)
Pantglas2 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:32:55

Just that really - please share one thing that you’re planning for the day to cheer yourself up in these trying times.

Could be anything from a bar of chocolate, glass of something lovely, arranging some freshly cut flowers from your garden or baking a cake to a freshly made bed, or even painting your toenails!

Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks (DH has just informed me I’m daft) as long as it puts a smile on your face!

So to start this off - yesterday I changed our bed and had the best night’s sleep! Today I’m going to make some banana bread as they’re really mottled in the fruit bowl - can’t tell you how many brownie points that gets in this house!

Callistemon Fri 20-Mar-20 18:40:15

I typed (!) not in

Whitewavemark2 Fri 20-Mar-20 18:42:52

Chocolate - 5 Lindt truffles ?

Txquiltz Fri 20-Mar-20 18:46:44

DH and I are trying new recipes. Using what we have on hand, we are adding our own unique touch to each dish. No doubt we will make some klinkers, but hope to find a few stellar changes.

Auntieflo Fri 20-Mar-20 18:48:51

Half a Racer bar. Got to ration them now.

Elizabeth1 Fri 20-Mar-20 19:03:15

I was in the garden today for the first time in a year what a wonderful feeling

Pantglas2 Fri 20-Mar-20 21:47:43

How lovely Elizabeth1. I know that just being outside in the fresh air is lovely when unwell/infirm so well done! Another day another dollar...

Keep treating folks....

Lavazza1st Fri 20-Mar-20 21:51:43

Red wine! A few squares of dark choc!
I was going to watch Eastenders, but it was cancelled so now a nice hot bath with new toiletries and fresh pajamas!

GabriellaG54 Sat 21-Mar-20 00:09:26

Elizabeth1
How lovely to read that you have managed something not experienced for 12 months.
I've no idea of the reasons behind this but well done ? and ?that you manage it many more times in the future ?
BTW, I have the same mini greenhouse as seen in the background of your photo.
I have yet to fill mine with plants and it would be good to see yours stocked with seedlings and plants-in-waiting too.
Race you...?

Pantglas2 Sat 21-Mar-20 08:06:36

Hello Treaters - it’s a Full Monty treat for me today, being cooked for me by DH - we only have it a couple of times a month and I’m salivating already!

We’ll have it for brunch around eleven which will save me thinking about food until this evening!

Whitewavemark2 Sat 21-Mar-20 08:12:18

Out in the garden just like elizabeth - well without the passion??-

That for me is the best treat.

lemongrove Sat 21-Mar-20 08:31:58

The best treat is without the passion WW? Are you sure??

Whitewavemark2 Sat 21-Mar-20 08:35:54

???

lemongrove Sat 21-Mar-20 08:36:24

Like you Hilly we planted lots of Nerines yesterday.We used to have lots but gradually they disappeared.
All the Spring flowers are now out in the garden, so cheering to see.
Just received a mysterious large box , left on the doorstop, the van driver rang the bell and ran away.Anyway it’s a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from one of our DD’s for Mothers Day.
So that was my treat for today.?

sodapop Sat 21-Mar-20 08:38:31

Is it only me on GN who really dislikes gardening. My husband doesn't like it either but will keep things tidy. We have a tame cockerel in there at the moment who has commandeered all the space.

rubysong Sat 21-Mar-20 09:27:41

Today's treat for me will be watching Gardener's World, recorded yesterday. (And 'chocolate time', eight pm.)

Elizabeth1 Sat 21-Mar-20 09:50:18

I’m having lurpak on my toast this morning easy pleased lucky me smile

henetha Sat 21-Mar-20 11:45:50

My son managed to track down some crumpets for me...

Pantglas2 Sun 22-Mar-20 07:56:37

Mothering Sunday treat for me will be a glass (or two) of Rose in the freshly spruced summer house this afternoon after a busy day in the garden.

I love springtime when everything is perking up in the garden - a time of renewal. My rosemary is thriving and we had herb dumplings in the ham and leek casserole last night - so moreish!

kircubbin2000 Sun 22-Mar-20 08:31:31

Son is doing a last big shop for the oldies before he isolates. We are going for a walk on the beach but he won't come into the house.

Lins1066 Sun 22-Mar-20 08:41:09

Looking forward to beef casserole and a glass of Malbec this evening.
A walk this afternoon well away from people, will enjoy the simple pleasure of seeing the Spring flowers and buds on the trees. Will open my Mother's Day cards shortly, I'm still in bed atm.

DanniRae Sun 22-Mar-20 09:17:03

I have really pushed the boat out - Even though there was jam left for my toast I opened a new jar of lemon curd! It's Mother's Day so I decided to spoil myself. My own darling mum would have definitely approved grin

Elizabeth1 Sun 22-Mar-20 09:25:51

Who had a good belly laugh yesterday ME Ant and Dec soooo funny I was dancing in my bed last night with Ollie Murs smile sorry everyone I couldn’t work out how to start a new link.

DanniRae Sun 22-Mar-20 11:07:35

Olie Murs was great Elizabeth - I just love that song! Weirdly I think I enjoyed the Ant and Dec programme more without the crazy audience. But "Men in Brown" - really? What a load of childish rubbish (so sorry if people enjoyed it!!)

M0nica Sun 22-Mar-20 11:09:27

I will pull the first rhubarb of the year in a few minutes and that freshly pulled and stewed fruit eaten with Sunday lunch will be today's treat.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 22-Mar-20 11:33:23

I have had a lovely long shower, put on one of my favourite cashmere jumpers (Christmas gift) sprayed myself with Jo Malone Wood Sage & Seasalt and put on some makeup. Silly I know but it has made me feel better.