Gransnet forums

Chat

Library Books.

(29 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 17-Mar-20 11:07:52

What does anyone think about library books and the CV? I wash my hands before and after reading, and have a few books to be going on with, as I suspect the libraries may close before too long. One book I took out last week smelled strongly of smoke, yuk! I put it outside in the fresh air for a while. Made me think of how many hands touch them. ??

yellowcanary Thu 19-Mar-20 22:20:21

The libraries have closed here as well - I still have several books on loan, use Borrowbox occasionally. I do use Kindle Unlimited (although cancelled at moment) and also about to recommence Readly which gives access to hundreds of magazines for around £9 per month (I think it is only tablets or phones though not laptops) which considering the various prices of magazines is well worth it. Plus I have my own library of books which I add to regularly but never seem to read smile smile I used to use Audiobooks but tended to fall asleep while listening, so now use my Alexa to read them while I am doing various jobs round the house.

Dec46 Thu 19-Mar-20 23:18:10

My local library will close saturday until May 31st at the earliest.It will be greatly missed here although I don't think it would be sensible for it to stay open until everything is more stable.

Lizbethann55 Fri 20-Mar-20 14:51:32

We have just heard this morning that ours are due to close from Sunday. But as only one is open on Sunday that really means from 1.00pm tomorrow. I do hope it's not for long. I love my job and will miss all my regulars.