Gransnet forums

Chat

Belly laughs

(107 Posts)
Elizabeth1 Sun 22-Mar-20 10:43:55

It would be good to hear what makes you laugh out loud a really belly laugh.
I used to belly laugh out loud while reading the Herriot series myDh laughs out loud at certain tv programmes which I don’t find funny at all. Compo etc

Grannynannywanny Wed 25-Mar-20 12:42:05

How about this one...
Does anyone want to buy 100 scotch eggs and 50 bite size sausage rolls? I misread the headlines and thought everyone was picnic buying!

Laughterlines Wed 25-Mar-20 13:04:02

Lancslass1 I have never watched it because the trailers put me off.

I love just William read by that smarmy Martin Jarvis. It always makes me laugh as did the books when I was a girl (in the olden days)

susieq3 Sun 05-Apr-20 23:19:51

Freddie star. Bradley Walsh on the chase and Not going out.

BradfordLass73 Mon 06-Apr-20 03:08:39

Hardly any of the TV series which seem to corpse others, even make me smile.

I couldn't even watch Last of the Summer Wine after the first couple of episodes, it was so un-funny it made me cringe.

Fawlty Towers also curls me up as I absolutely HATE to see people in discomfort or acute embarrassment.

I've lost several friends because I deplore their schadenfreude; how can anyone laugh at another's pain?

Peter Kay is just about the only comedian who consrstently makes me laugh, as did Morecambe and Wise. On radio, the Beyond our Ken and Round the Horne series were wonderful.

Although I don't like the nasty way he talks about fat people, with absolutely no justificaton for his dislike, Bill Bryson can be very funny.

Bikerhiker Mon 06-Apr-20 14:56:45

Gavin and Stacey
Peter Kay
Father Ted

callgirl1 Mon 06-Apr-20 17:18:42

Morecambe and Wise, Mrs. Brown`s Boys, Dave Allen.