Gransnet forums

Chat

What lifted your spirits today?

(110 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Mon 23-Mar-20 07:30:40

This view from part of my morning run.
It's so uplifting to see a clear blue sky and the sun casting it's light over hills and houses, dappling all the new growth with fingers of warmth.
Only saw 2 peeps on other side of river who ? and I did likewise.
Narrow boats and ducks and exercise and sunshine (albeit weak at that time of day)
Life is good. ?

B9exchange Tue 24-Mar-20 14:51:46

I'm glad to hear you are still getting smiles when out, they are a bit miserable round here, avoiding eye contact despite the distance between us, no greetings, no acknowlegement of fellow humanity. sad

M0nica Tue 24-Mar-20 16:52:40

Went out for a walk today, met quite a number of people but we were all giving each other very wide berths, well over the recommended 2 metres but always greeting each other. The advantage of living in a village, even a big village.

We also took a car out for a spin to keep it ticking over,(no human contact, just round in a circle and back) the air is so clear at the moment, we could see the downs in real detail,even though they are four or five miles away. No doubt the lack of pollution in the air.

Callistemon Tue 24-Mar-20 17:11:30

We used to love going to Bushy Park, Terribull. It's a special place.

etheltbags1 Tue 24-Mar-20 17:13:23

A cuddle from my 2 cats on the sofa, my companions for the next 22 weeks, unless I go mad from boredom.

Labaik Tue 24-Mar-20 17:14:47

Blue sky; lambs in the fields. A swan flew overhead [always a sight that thrills me]. However, it was helped by the fact that all of my family, for today at least, are working from home.

dahlia Tue 24-Mar-20 17:24:16

Just doing my circuit walk around the garden to keep fit when I spied a blue tit emerging from a bird box on the wall; I do hope he/she returns to have a brood.
The first of my favourite "Angelique" tulips has come out.
Our friendly plumber called and replaced a dripping tap; of course we stayed at a safe distance and cleaned all surfaces when the work was complete.
I hope you all find something joyful in your day, though I admit after a week's isolation, it was difficult today!

Lisagran Tue 24-Mar-20 17:32:51

Saw a swan on our walk today and lots of butterflies smile

Labaik Tue 24-Mar-20 17:34:25

Seen more butterflies over the past few days than I saw all of last year.

Yiayia4 Tue 24-Mar-20 17:34:50

Washing out,sitting in the sun,next door cats visiting for treats.

Callistemon Tue 24-Mar-20 19:45:20

Do you talk to them Ethel?

I used to talk to the dog and I'm sure he used to answer.
I probably got more sense out of him than anyone.
I wish he was still here.

Fennel Wed 25-Mar-20 16:48:57

A bit more prosaic - got a letter today from Halifax BS to say our monthly mortgage repayments have been reduced.
By nearly 10% for us. I think it's interest only on a very small amount.
Hoping daughter's are - she has a huge mortgage and is v. worried. I think she's paying off the capital too.

Lisagran Wed 25-Mar-20 16:57:36

New garden furniture arrived smile

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 17:24:20

The plum tree is covered in flower buds!
Last year we had three plums, I hope there will be many more this year, as long as the wasps don't get to them before we do.

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 17:25:30

Very nice, Lisagran
Is that clematis? It looks quite well advanced

M0nica Wed 25-Mar-20 17:30:54

When I went out for my walk today I heard a lark singing.

Lisagran Wed 25-Mar-20 18:34:44

No Callistemon it’s a climbing rosesmile

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 18:36:03

Oh yes, I can see it better now, thank you. It will be lovely!

Alexa Wed 25-Mar-20 19:37:23

I took my top and socks off to sunbathe

ginny Wed 25-Mar-20 19:50:18

I spent an hour on FaceTime reading stories to my DGS.

Oopsadaisy3 Wed 25-Mar-20 19:53:28

Alexa I was about to say that it was a bit ‘nippy’ to take my top off , then I realised what I had said..........

Elizabeth1 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:31:08

Believe it or not the dawn chorus always makes me smilesmile

grannypiper Thu 26-Mar-20 11:12:29

I sat on the beach and watched a butterfly fluttering around, a few moments of joy

M0nica Thu 26-Mar-20 16:57:06

Once again I was up on the downs with, this time, not one but 2 larks carolling I stood with my eyes shut and listened to the larks and other birds, to sound of the wind in the trees and around me. It was a cold wind and the whole of the right side of my body was cold from the buffetting, In the distance I could hear the lorries on our local dual-carriaged A road. When I opened my eyes there was sunshine and blue skys, trees and hedgerows.

Callistemon Thu 26-Mar-20 17:11:42

I had a telephone call from an old friend and we had a lovely catch up smile

Scentia Thu 26-Mar-20 17:21:26

Took my little pooch out for the first time in my bike attachment and she was a star, she loved ir?❤️