Gransnet forums

Chat

If I show you mine will you show me yours? (chocolate stash!!!)

(65 Posts)
fatgran57 Wed 25-Mar-20 07:36:48

Very shameful only I'm not ashamedsmile

I have not panic hoarded these - this is my usual peace of mind collection including the chocolate biscuits.

Some people have wine and some people have chocolate (some probably have both) grin

Lizbethann55 Fri 27-Mar-20 11:09:53

Theoddbird have you tried marmite peanut butter? As someone who likes both, I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. But as a Slimming World member, i dread to think what damage it is doing!?

Grannyguitar Thu 26-Mar-20 09:19:16

I had selection boxes for my grandchildren here, waiting as they weren't able to come for Christmas, or since. The boxes were about to go out of date, so rather than undo all the good I have done at Slimming World, a neighbour has taken them to the local food bank. Result!

olliebeak Thu 26-Mar-20 08:45:06

I'm Coeliac - so I always have a stash of Gluten Free goodies.

Usually no need for 'special' Gluten Free Chocolates (unless somebody is also Lactose Free) - but I just have to make sure that there's no Barley, Malt or 'Biscuity bits' hiding inside the choccie wink.

Got a rather delicious looking box of GF Choccies delivered for Mother's Day - 'Boojabooja', which I'd never heard of before. I've double-checked the 'Use-by date' to make sure that they go into the stash in 'date order' grin.

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 23:27:44

I hadn't eaten any chocolate since Christmas [halo]

Chewbacca Wed 25-Mar-20 23:16:22

envy I've got nothing! No biscuits. No chocolate. No crisps. Nada. I hate Creme Eggs normally but I'd sell my granny for one right now!

Seefah Wed 25-Mar-20 23:07:49

I’m so jealous. I can’t believe how much chocolate some of you ladies can eat ! I’m not allowed a stash ( serious dieting ) so I’m reduced to very occasionally raiding my husbands secret stash - but obviously can only do two squares at a time or he’d notice and re hide it and since we’re both in quarantine he’s never out so I couldn’t hunt down the new secret place !

Txquiltz Wed 25-Mar-20 22:48:43

I will trade 3 large chocolate almond bars for 12 big, delicious, warm English muffins. I haven’t eaten breads for 4 years until now. I must be using it as a defense against the Covid Crazies!

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 22:34:59

Thank you Hetty

It had been opened, I will recheck the date and have a good sniff. It could end up in the compost.

Mirren Wed 25-Mar-20 22:29:34

My stash is wool and fabric ! Happy to take a picture but it would be boring!

Fran3669 Wed 25-Mar-20 19:42:26

Optimist we did the same too as we have two fussy cats who don’t even eat the same make of food, let alone the same flavours!

Saying that, my husband told me to answer the door as he had a delivery for me today..... 12 bottles of wine wine

So that’s me, and two cats, happy for the next few weeks grin

Hetty58 Wed 25-Mar-20 19:41:35

Callistemon, you can probably use the cocoa - but make up your own mind (and don't blame me)!

www.canitgobad.net/can-cocoa-powder-go-bad/

nanasam, you're supposed to cook it in a large mug, but I use a small glass pudding basin:

4 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil (I use rapeseed - or vegetable, usually is rapeseed, but cheaper - such is marketing)
(dash of vanilla if you have it)

Mix the dry ingredients
beat the egg (with a pinch of salt if you like)
add the milk and oil then mix
stir all ingredients together

Microwave about 3 mins for 800 watts (mine is 1000 watts so 2 for me - depends on your mug/bowl shape too).

It makes a rather chewy cake (nice enough with raspberry jam) or a quite acceptable chocolate pudding. In this house, chocolate sauce is just custard with cocoa mixed in the powder. Try it!

(Then I feel suitably guilty as a failed vegan/veggie, but it doesn't seem that important at the moment.)

SalsaQueen Wed 25-Mar-20 19:13:01

I haven't got a stash of anything at all! I usually have a stash of Zoflora disinfectant (normally about 8 bottles) but I've used it all, and the shops haven't got any in.

If I had a lot of chocolate (or anything nice like cake etc), I'd just keep scoffing it grin

nanasam Wed 25-Mar-20 18:04:27

Hetty would you kindly share your recipe for your delicious sounding 3 minute chocolate cake. cupcake

CBBL Wed 25-Mar-20 16:43:04

The only Chocolate we have is our Easter Eggs - one each! I might be tempted to buy some on our next shopping trip, though. I really prefer "Sour" flavoured sweeties - but as I'm diabetic - these are strictly limited!

grannybuy Wed 25-Mar-20 16:15:28

Not!

grannybuy Wed 25-Mar-20 16:14:52

A clearer picture, hopefully.

grannybuy Wed 25-Mar-20 16:10:23

I should be embarrassed! To be fair, the Hotel Chocolat treat box and the Belgian truffles were for Mothers' Day. It's my birthday next week. Obviously, I won't want chocolate!!!

allsortsofbags Wed 25-Mar-20 16:05:26

I don't have an actual "stash" but we are OK for chocolate, crisps and wine.

3 packets of 4 Twirls, I bought 2 because I didn't realise we already had a pk of 4.

1 pk pf 4 Caramels, because DH asked for them.

1 large Buttons Easter Egg, bought for DGD, she probably won't get it now.

All bought before any panic buying started so I don't feel too guilty and I am willing to share :-)

If you stand on our drive I'll throw the chocolate and crisps out of the window.

I'll leave the wine by the front wall and a pre arranged time :-) Unless you are very good at catching.

I usually buy a few chocolate things every now and then as I don't go to that end of our supermarket every shop.

Crisps I buy on line by the box as I can't get the ones we like from the shops these days. The wine DH had just had a delivery, again all before this started.

The 2 of us have have eaten the cream cake I made for Mother's Day and are currently on day 3 of the Gluten Free Chocolate cake bought for Son-in law.

We are getting to be a bit "caked out" but I'm not going waste food and I don't think it will freeze so the "stash" is safe for now.

We are having some creative meals but haven't had to resort the crisps, chocolate wine diet :-) Yet !!!

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 15:36:56

Half a bar gone in sheer frustration at trying to re-connect the scanner and coming up against modern technology.

EllanVannin Wed 25-Mar-20 14:28:46

It wouldn't have been a problem if you'd still have been in Liverpool GabriellaG54. Nice day for a sail across the river.

Laughterlines Wed 25-Mar-20 14:10:04

ooooh 48 eggs. Jealous

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 14:07:55

That was forEllanVannin ?

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 14:06:58

I'll arrive at 3.30 tomorrow to help you get rid of the unwanted sweet stuff. Not good for the children either ???
Get the kettle on...

Madmaggie Wed 25-Mar-20 13:59:43

I happen to have 6 - yes 6 chocolate oranges. I can be found sitting in the cupboard under the stairs counting them and muttering 'my precious' in a very strange voice ? seriously though, they were bought when on super dooper special at £1 each with the intention of knitting Easter chick covers for them as wee gifts. I see it as the universe rewarding my good intentions ??

optimist Wed 25-Mar-20 13:33:27

My only stockpile was catfood as my cat is sooooo fussy and will only eat one (expensive) brand. I just spent £38!