Gransnet forums

Chat

If I show you mine will you show me yours? (chocolate stash!!!)

(64 Posts)
fatgran57 Wed 25-Mar-20 07:36:48

Very shameful only I'm not ashamedsmile

I have not panic hoarded these - this is my usual peace of mind collection including the chocolate biscuits.

Some people have wine and some people have chocolate (some probably have both) grin

MamaCaz Wed 25-Mar-20 07:50:46

Right now, I don't have a stash of anything edible , so I'm very envious. In fact, I think it's very insensitive of you to dangle your chocolate in front of us less fortunate grans like that shock ๐Ÿ˜‚ (joke)

Luckily, as we are isolating, I do have a huge stash of craft-related materials, so at least I can keep myself very busy, which helps take my mind off the absence of wine, gin & tonic, crisps, nuts and chocolate (in that order)! grin

Laughterlines Wed 25-Mar-20 07:57:28

I did have small stash but nearly all gone now. Have been eating leftover curry for breakfast, followed by two Cadbury Creme eggs. (Other creme eggs being unavailable) am I being unreasonable. Found this strangely comforting.

downtoearth Wed 25-Mar-20 08:07:37

Have drunk my wine and eaten all the goodies,and now regretting it as feeling decidedly porky.
Missing slimming world already sadwinecupcake

GagaJo Wed 25-Mar-20 08:12:42

Don't have a chocolate stash. We do inadvertently seem to have a biscuit stash, but since I don't like biscuits, it's a bit wasted on me.

NannyJan53 Wed 25-Mar-20 08:18:12

Three kit kat fingers and 3 Tunnocks wafer bars. That is it! I am not buying chocolate or biscuits now as being forced to stay in means hardly any exercise.

I may be richer soon, but do not want to be bigger smile

travelsafar Wed 25-Mar-20 08:20:41

Half a box of Roses and that is it. sad

sodapop Wed 25-Mar-20 08:25:48

Laughterlines that was an interesting breakfast, I wonder what other combinations people are having now.
I always have a stash of chocolate, currently four bars of assorted plain choc and two bags of M&Ms.

Fishpieplease Wed 25-Mar-20 09:00:13

My friend is now able to eat the 18 Easter eggs she'd bought for her grandchildren.....

Teetime Wed 25-Mar-20 09:36:51

Going to have to send to Hotel Chocolate I think- see other thread about on line shopping grin

Hetty58 Wed 25-Mar-20 09:48:50

I can't have a chocolate stash (sadly) as I eat it until it's gone. No self control. The best I can manage is a couple of hours without it when I know it's there. I swear it 'calls' to me!

All is not lost, though. I can leave cocoa and there's always 3 minute quick chocolate cake (I've mastered making it) plus cocoa added to custard powder and 'Ta da' - chocolate pudding with custard - lovely!

Auntieflo Wed 25-Mar-20 10:10:19

I was going to show you my empty Curly Wurly wrapper, but it went in the bin yesterday
Laughterlines, my DH, brought up in India, regularly had left over curry for breakfast, when the family returned to UK..

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 10:14:27

I had 3 small bars of dark chocolate, all gone now, sadly.

I was having one square of each in turn to see which I liked best!
Still not decided.

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 10:16:46

Is out of date cocoa OK?
2 years out of date, already opened to make a cake ages ago and just found lurking quietly at the back of the cupboard.
I could make a microwave chocolate mug cake

ninathenana Wed 25-Mar-20 10:19:04

Only chocolate in our house is diabetic husbands emergency stash of Mars bars.
I don't eat chocolate, I do eat ๐Ÿฐ

Gaunt47 Wed 25-Mar-20 10:22:06

All round to Callistemon's then? Bring any cocoa remnants and your own mug grin

Singlegrannie Wed 25-Mar-20 11:19:26

I am type 2 diabetic so I only get the occasional sugar free bar, (long gone) and a few things for the grandchildren which I am trying to ignore. I am particularly trying to forget about the four Easter Eggs waiting in a cupboard...... Wish I hadn't bought them so early !!

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:25:56

I've 2 unopened bags each holding 12 pks Walkers cheese n onion crisps, 2 for ยฃ2 Tesco last month. I x 16 milk choc M&S marshmallow bis, 1 pk Garibildi and Nice. 1 x Kipling choc slices. Boudoir bis. Large MacVities digestives. Tesco choc orange bis x 2 and tin of shortbread.
Oh yes, double pk M&S raspberry flaky bis ...very moreish. None yet opened as bought in Feb.

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:27:19

And a jar of Tesco milk choc 'Nutella'.

crimpedhalo Wed 25-Mar-20 11:28:12

No stash but I've been busy hiding my stash ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

crimpedhalo Wed 25-Mar-20 11:29:44

No treats but been busy hiding my stash ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Theoddbird Wed 25-Mar-20 11:36:34

I am weird. Rarely eat chocolate or biscuits so don't have a stash....don't have any. I am having peanut butter withdrawal symptoms though as shelves were cleared of it...sighs.

nipsmum Wed 25-Mar-20 11:38:06

I found it surprising that our supermarkets have a plentiful supply of sweets cakes and biscuits and to be fair fruit and veg but little or no flour or sugar, so I can buy cakes but not bake them.

Thecatshatontgemat Wed 25-Mar-20 11:46:00

No chocolate stash unfortunately, but l have got a nut stash.
Almonds, pecans and cashews are a must for me twice a day, every day.

Nannan2 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:50:01

Have 2 medium aero peppermint bars&1 normal size dark bounty.1 choc orange bar,normal size, that i found in a drawer upstairs so will leave that 1 till im desparategrinNote to self: (I MUST LEARN TO EKE OUT THE CHOC RATIONS!)