Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Fri 27-Mar-20 06:17:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright start to the day here in Brackley.
Have lost a few kilos in weight this week, with a sore throat etc, which was making it hard to digest anything, I took a lemsip last night which has worked , plus a few nose bleeds as well.
With the lockdown ,spoiling a pleasures of going out anywhere .
Where I live restrictions have come into force as to 2M distancing, community lounge and kitchen out of bounds .
So its room only apart from local shop/bank .
As yet to get a letter if I am one billions who then would have stay put due to medications etc I am type 2 Diabetes but manage to control, plus other tablets like blood pressure, and things all under control .
Mick

Lisagran Fri 27-Mar-20 12:23:35

Whinging Pom?
Wonderful partner?
Wicked person?
Welsh Prince?

Theoddbird Fri 27-Mar-20 13:05:23

Good afternoon. I need a large brandy...hahaha. Just read the thread about being neurotic. Do much miss information there. I refuse to panic. I am now going to cook some lunch. Then I will load my toilet cassette onto my wagon and go and empty it....oh joy. Yesterday I finished making the bunting for my great niece's room. Sent niece a picture of it. She loves it. I will then go to the coop and get a bottle of prosecco and some salad. Tomorrow I will be 69...have to celebrate somehow...hahaha Have a lovely afternoon everyone.

Newquay Fri 27-Mar-20 14:36:42

Just in case anyone is interested. . .further to previous post, had a phone call from a man with a lovely Cornish accent. There he was with my online shopping on board in St Austell and here we are at home in Staffs! He’s going to contact store manager to see what can be done-ho hum!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 27-Mar-20 14:48:08

Oh Newquay !!!!

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Mar-20 15:00:20

Oh, Newquay what are you like! ??

wallers5 Fri 27-Mar-20 15:06:07

It’s good to hear from others. We seem very isolated in deepest Devon on the edge of Dartmoor & miss our glorious walks on the Moor. I too have had a sore throat for days & find it hard to swallow. No cough or fever. My son who commutes from WinChester has just had the virus. He said he felt so fatigued & run down & is worrying about giving it to his two children & wife who are all self isolating and one has Asthma which is a worry. Spring is here & the Camellias & blossoms are out. Our lovely Cotehele National Trust beautiful spring gardens had to close. Such a shame as they are at their best & were in the midst of a national daffodil festival.

We had good clapping at 8 pm last night.

Hope everyone keeps safe. Our local Lidl was not good today with no social distancing enforced. We won’t go there again until this is over.

Paul2706 Fri 27-Mar-20 15:58:15

I live in Lancashire and experienced the same problems with lidl is anyone else having the same issues?

GabriellaG54 Fri 27-Mar-20 20:11:29

Ah! I see. I though it might mean 'woman partner' or summat but having re read the post it became clear the person is a 'he'.
Now the poster has said it's a made-up way of referring to her OH. Sorted...?

GabriellaG54 Fri 27-Mar-20 20:15:40

Newquay
That's really funny.
Did he sound...nice...did you chat for long?
Might romance blossom twixt you and he? ???...?

Llamedos13 Sat 28-Mar-20 02:50:10

But we still don’t know what WP stands for?

annsixty Sat 28-Mar-20 03:09:52

Wonderful Partner.