Gransnet forums

Chat

Friday exercise - it's nice and sunny!

(39 Posts)
Riverwalk Fri 27-Mar-20 09:31:47

I did an hour's river walk at 07.30 - a bit nippy at 4C but felt warmer than yesterday as not so breezy.

Shake a leg all those still in yer nighties!

gillyknits Fri 27-Mar-20 14:40:23

I’ve done half hour of Pilates and am trying to teach my husband how to do it! My teacher has put a half hour letter on You Tube. I think he’s enjoying it. Maybe!

Mollygo Fri 27-Mar-20 15:25:13

Joe Wicks a walk and Fitism- more exercise than I normally do outside the gym!

Diggingdoris Fri 27-Mar-20 16:00:31

My lively Jack Russell normally has two walks per day, but now that I'm only allowed out once, his one walk is a bit longer. Lunch time is a better time to walk the dog as there are less people around. I've just mown one lawn, but are saving the other one for tomorrow. So far today I've done 8500 steps according to my fitbit.
If it's really cold tomorrow I will try to catch Joe Wicks instead.

Angelafeet Fri 27-Mar-20 16:05:30

Not doing the housework whilst it so nice. A bit of gardening and then comfy chair and book
Tomorrow this sun will be gone
Housework then!!

Bluecat Fri 27-Mar-20 19:35:29

I went out in our fairly hideous garden and talked to the two chickens, who have chosen this time to reduce their egg laying to one every two days. Feathery freeloaders.

GabriellaG54 Fri 27-Mar-20 19:52:01

Loved that post Bluecat
My kind of talk. ??

GreenGran78 Sat 28-Mar-20 17:06:11

I waited ‘til the afternoon to go for my walk, thinking that it would be a bit warmer. I had to pull up my hood, at times, because the wind was freezing my ears, but it was very enjoyable, nonetheless.
Most people are ready with a cheery Hello and a smile as we circle around each other. One man, however, pulled up his hood, pulled his sweater over his face, and jogged past me - even though we were on a wide path. I felt like shouting, “Unclean!” After him. smile
My Fitbit buzzed my 10,000 steps up, just before I arrived home. It always makes me jump. The most exciting moment of my day, right now! I feel sorry for anyone who has to walk the streets because they live too far from any countryside. I live near Wigan, which was given the reputation of being a terrible place by George Orwell, but we have lovely open spaces everywhere in the borough.
Keep on walking, those of you who can.

M0nica Sat 28-Mar-20 17:20:34

Went for a walk first thing, bright sunshine, but absolutely freezing cold, mainly because of the wind. Then this afternoon I spent several hours in the garden. I planted the broad beans and then retreated to the green house to plant seeds that then came into the house to go on the window sill, in the warmth.

Greengran walking in a town can be just a enjoyable as walking in the country. I am now a country walker, but when I lived in a town I explored every little twitten and close I could find I admired the architecture, there are so many differences, even at a detailed level between houses, while in old town centres there are so many ages of buildings. Then there are the gardens. Do not diss walking in towns, it can be just as enjoyable but in an entirely different way.

GreenGran78 Sat 28-Mar-20 18:35:24

MOnica I just meant that walking on pavements is less pleasant than grass. I was born in Liverpool, and know the joys of looking at the lovely buildings. Most people never think to look up at the buildings, so they miss all the interesting details.
I recommend a visit to Liverpool, especially to see our two very contrasting Cathedrals. The traditional Anglican and the modern ‘Paddy’s Wigwam’ Catholic are joined, co-incidentally and fortuitously by Hope Street.

Daddima Sat 28-Mar-20 18:58:01

polnan I gave up on Sainsbury’s and ordered from Iceland, where I just had to click to say I was pension age or vulnerable. It showed no slots available, but when I refreshed the page, two slots for tomorrow came up.

GabriellaG54 Sat 28-Mar-20 19:18:15

Any donkeys out yet EllanVannin?
I used to be a regular going over on the Royal Daffodil or the Woodside Ferry (are they the same?)

GabriellaG54 Sat 28-Mar-20 19:23:40

Some of the buildings are simply beautiful inside.
William Brown library, St George's Hall's mosaic floor (only able to be viewed infrequently) The Philharmonic pub, India buildings, the floating landing stage is interesting as all the liners from America docked there. Liverpool has much to offer, historically.

moggie Sat 28-Mar-20 21:03:13

Lucklegs i’ve Sent you pm, I think you’re mixing me up with another GN poster with similar name