Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(97 Posts)
12Michael Sat 28-Mar-20 06:14:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright and sunny start this morning , again a changing day .
I went ti try and pay off a credit card yesterday , experience the towns only bank considering the size of Brackley closed.
But the local Post Office is doing the Banks stuff as well.
So once I have had my breakfast will make a walk towards to the post office and hopefully avoid a Que
Other wise a day of staying in .
Mick.

Scentia Sat 28-Mar-20 07:30:18

???? for mini Marydoll today.
Well I have a cough, I have been so careful too. I have no temperature though but I do have this cough and bad throat. Don’t know if anyone knows but the cough it sort of caused by me trying to take in a deeper breath iykwim I am ok if I breathe short, shallow breaths. I don’t feel at all poorly and I was looking forward to a lovely bike ride with my pooch today? but alas I think I should stay indoors for the required 7 days.
Stay safe everyone and have a good weekend.x

Gingster Sat 28-Mar-20 07:47:55

Brrrrr the wind is back and it’s freezing out there. The sun is still shining though . But achy today as we painted one of the fences. Only a small fence with a gate and only one side but it took DH and I two hours. We were on the sheltered side, thankfully and it was warm in the sun. It’s needed to be done since last autumn, so pleased with the outcome. Went to the pharmacy at 4.30 yesterday thinking it was a good time. The queue was inside the shop and down the road . We stood for 10 minutes and it was so cold we came home again. The queue hadn’t moved. Will try again this morning. DH doing his paper round for us and neighbours. We’ve both got the sniffles today, - hope it’s just a cold ?.

Susan56 Sat 28-Mar-20 07:58:01

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is bright but quite q strong breeze.
Had a lovely video yesterday of DGD singing songs for us and also saying how much she misses us which made me cry.We normally have her to stay for a couple of days a week.
DH is taking over the paintbrush from Mr C.The bedroom redecorating starts today.The room is totally empty,heaven only knows when the carpet and new furniture will arrive!!
Marydoll,thinking of you and your family today.?for you and?for your daughter.
Sending love gilly?
Scentia?

harrigran Sat 28-Mar-20 07:59:34

Good morning from an overcast NE.
One of our supermarkets was ram raided in the early hours of yesterday, absolute morons. Sewer rats with zero intelligence running amok, touching everything.
DD, in Brussels, ordered a Thai meal to celebrate her birthday and it took three hours to arrive. What did she expect ?
Watched The Book Thief again last night, not the most cheery of films but the acting was superb.
Have the best day you can everyone.

NanKate Sat 28-Mar-20 08:04:17

Morning Mick and All.

Another sunny but colder day in South Bucks.

Glad you sound a bit more chipper Mick.

Love and hugs to Marydoll and her family today ??

I fancy some soup Prue ?

Some younger friends of ours the husband has asked us to send an off the wall video click to him today to wish his wife a happy 60th birthday on 01 April. So today DH is fishing out a daft coloured hat with bells on it which he once used at a charity event. I am trying to think of something mad to wear and we are writing a mini script. This all has to be done and sent to him today ? I will tell you more about it tomorrow.

Marydoll Sat 28-Mar-20 08:05:11

Good morning Mick and all from a SUNNY sunshine Glasgow. Well it would be, wouldn't it, today of all days?????

Mick, our banks are open for a few hours a day, perhaps if you check online, you will find out.

Welcome to any newbies, I'm finding it hard to keep track anymore. smile

Thank you all for all your kind wishes. I have just spoken to DD and I am very tearful, whereas, she is being very positive about everything.
We have to remember, a cancelled wedding is nothing, compared to the heartache others are suffering at this time.
I spoke to my friend in Rome and the situation in Italy is so bad.
A year ago, I never even thought I would even get to this day, so another positive.

I received a very sobering phone call from the hospital yesterday, to discuss my propsed new treatment on Monday.
It brought the Covid19 situation very close to home.
The call was to tell me that my treatment will be postponed for at least 3 months, as it will be far too risky and they are concerned that if I have an allergic reaction, (previous history) there will be difficulty accessing the necessary, emergency intervention, as NHS is stretched to the limit.
Under no circumstances have I to leave home or be in contact with anyone for the next twelve weeks , apart from DH who is self isolating to protect me. !!! A bit of a bummer there. sad
Well, good job the wedding is cancelled then!

However, if I had already been on the medication, I would have continued it. Seventeen desperately ill patients with Coronavirus on ventilators in China survived. The common denominator was that they were on biologics.
China has now licensed the drug to help those who develop serious complications.
However, I think at £1000 per infusion, I don't see the NHS being able to use it here, due to the cost.

A day of keeping busy for me. The wardrobe cull didn't happen yesterday, so today's the day.
The freezer was cleared out yesterday, there are only so many dead sausage rolls and saved leftovers, a person can stomach! ?
It is full, so we will be living off that for weeks.

I hope you all have the best day you can and I am determined not to wallow.
Anyway, a postponed wedding gives me a chance to lose some more weight, not! I ate a whole Easter egg yesterday to cheer me up. blush

annsixty Sat 28-Mar-20 08:17:18

Good morning all.
Kindest thoughts and commiserations to all your family Marydoll, the day will eventually come and will be a joyous one.
I haven’t looked out of the window yet so can’t report on the weather, I should be lying in my hospital bed this morning getting over my hip replacement which was scheduled for yesterday, I expect it will be months now, but it is inconvenient, not life threatening.
Some people are still not complying, a relative said last night that her neighbours are still having family to visit regularly, when my relative commented, she said, oh we all sit apart from each other, really?
Have as good a day as you can everyone.

Brunette10 Sat 28-Mar-20 08:18:29

Good Morning from a bright, sunny Fife. Marydoll - you know exactly what I'm thinking smile we are with you today, keep your chin up. From what I've just read perhaps it's best that you are resting today and for the next 12 weeks too. I can't believe I slept until 7.45 this morning, why am I so tired, I'm not doing anything during the day apart from chores, a walk, nothing like my normal day but I am sleeping well enough. Time will tell I suppose. I plan to go out and wash my front doorstep again today. We don't get many people to our front door these days wink but it'l give me something to do. Making a tray of lasagne too but have no idea where I will put it, I've been cooking and baking every day this week. Anyway 'hi' to all newbies. I'm sure we shall get through this, take care everyone and try and enjoy your day.

Newquay Sat 28-Mar-20 08:18:56

Marydoll let’s hope your family-and you-will look back on this and your DD’s wedding will become part of family history.
Our DD2’s wedding was nearly called off cos of the heavy snow in 2010. It did go ahead and everyone had a tale to tell of the journeys from every corner of the UK. I know it’s nothing like this-just trying “lighten” our moods.
As our DD2 left the house in her wedding dress and wellies a passer by said you’ll never forget this-she’s right!

conor Sat 28-Mar-20 08:21:30

Good morning from a sunny Essex. Just read your postMarydoll and so pleased that you are sounding upbeat and positive on what should have been a very different day! Had a lovely 3 way car chat yesterday evening with DS, DD and me on doorstep. DS was the furthest away so DD had to repeat everything I said. We ended up in fits of laughter over the funny situation.
My extended family What's App decided to photo shop me in all different scenarios; again so funny and so much to lighten the mood. Also loving Gareth Malone choir as when you are singing you can't think of anything else!
Some gardening again today while the sun shines. It's beginning to look good out there.
Hope everyone has a good day xxx

Liljan Sat 28-Mar-20 08:22:19

Good morning from the NE, had a good day yesterday, found a bakery who does home deliveries which is great as my first Tesco order does not come until 6/4 so at least we’ll have regular Bread deliveries come Monday! DH has CT scan on Tuesday, this was initially cancelled so good that it’s now going ahead but a bit of a thought going into the hospital when we’ve been so careful with self isolation over the last weeks. We decided to teach ourselves back gammon yesterday, looks more complicated than I thought but we’ll persevere! ? Marydoll and keep well Sentia.

Lins1066 Sat 28-Mar-20 08:23:52

Good Morning Mick and all from our corner of the S Welsh coast. A beautiful sunny morning here. Welcome to the new posters.
Thinking of you and your DD Marydoll* ??
Went out for a walk with DD late yesterday afternoon, it was so quiet. I think everyone's lawn had been mowed. DS said he went for a bike ride for his daily exercise and did 15 miles in an hour and 4 mins. He'd better watch, he was over his allotted hour!
DH power washed the front drive, he said it will need another wash go today.
I hope the idiots that descended on our seafront last weekend stay away, apparently it was madness.
Take care everyone. gilly, Urmston thinking of you ??

Charleygirl5 Sat 28-Mar-20 08:28:50

Marydoll so sorry the day is not as you had planned- good that your daughter is so positive about it.

My neighbours "children" decided to have a BBQ mid-afternoon yesterday. I was furious when I discovered the smoke billowing into my garden, because I had washed everything on my bed bar the mattress and duvet. I did not dare say anything to them or I would have said too much but they are always up to something when mum and dad are at work. They are in their early 20's. So inconsiderate.

Very sunny but very cold in NW London. I think it may be Ryvita for breakfast as I have no bread left.

GabriellaG54 Sat 28-Mar-20 08:30:45

Much easier to do online/ digital banking.

ninathenana Sat 28-Mar-20 08:34:32

Good morning.
Lovely and sunny in Kent. I was still sleeping when DD phoned at 8am blush
Now up dressed laundry on and cuppa in hand.
Have a good day everyone.

Chewbacca Sat 28-Mar-20 08:36:25

Morning everyone from a blustery, chilly Cheshire. More fence painting for me today for as long as the weather stays dry.

flowers for Marydoll; you and your family are in my thoughts.

Auntieflo Sat 28-Mar-20 08:41:47

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
Marydoll, thinking of you and your family, when today should have been so different.
I went to bed early last night, fell asleep before DH came up, and slept right through till morning. I was suddenly really tired, but hadn't done anything strenuous during the day.
Had a Face Time with DD yesterday, she is looking so tired, her team at work is short staffed (NHS) , and I so wished I could give her a hug.
Saturday is a day when we normally would have met up with friends for coffee and a chat, and like many others, I am missing the routine of old familiar things.
Shall potter in the garden maybe, if it's not too cold, and think about what to cook for tonight.
Take care, and stay safe one and all.

Greyduster Sat 28-Mar-20 08:45:52

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Hope you’re feeling better, Mick. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but it’s very cold and it will be all change this weekend. We went for a walk yesterday and gave up on it because there were so many folks about and many of them hadn’t got a clue about social distancing, standing in the middle of paths to chat to people they knew. It quite freaked me out. We will be washing down paintwork and cleaning inside windows today which should be safe enough! Take care everyone and have the best day you can.

Maybelater2020 Sat 28-Mar-20 08:52:40

Good morning all from another bright and sunny day in Chester. Not sure what I will do today, finding it difficult to motivate myself. I think I will sign off from social media for the day and have a rest from the news. Like many I think I am reaching information overload and need to step back, listen to some music and do some sewing. There it is, my day is planned.

Hope everyone has a good day. Take care.

19829chad Sat 28-Mar-20 08:52:48

As a first timer on this page I feel uplifted by the warm messages shared amongst you all. A thousand blessings on all of you experiencing a difficult time. Just to cheer you all up l have just put yesterday’s ashes from the fire in our green bin and husband has had to rush out with bucket of water to douse the smouldering vegetation at the bottom. Needless to say I have had one of those ‘ looks’ take care be safe.

Urmstongran Sat 28-Mar-20 08:54:44

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s chucking it down again! I rolled over in bed as it's a long day when it’s like this without the sun to lift my spirits.

I had a bit of a wobble yesterday about the situation the world is in. I scared myself a bit and had to get a grip.

Both daughters rang me yesterday which was lovely. Proper in-depth chats about our feelings. Everyone has more time to talk don’t they these days? Less texting.

When our youngest daughter rang, our only just 3y old granddaughter came on the line:

P ‘hello grandma are you still on holiday at Spain?’
Me: ‘yes darling’
P: ‘when you come home will you come and play at my house? You can have baby Alex (her most favourite dolly) and we will do a picnic for all the babas (what she calls all the dolls)’

I filled up just thinking about it and her. I think I’m a bit emotional right now. It’s Day 14 out of 29 on this lockdown. I think it’s going to be extended anyway. It’s a good job Himself is a cheerful soul who makes me laugh!

Special thoughts of today Marydoll and your daughter.
What a great idea aggie about ringing one person a day from your Christmas card list!

Hope Saturday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone out there. x

Anniebach Sat 28-Mar-20 08:58:57

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

DoraMarr Sat 28-Mar-20 09:03:12

Good morning from Birmingham. It’s cloudy, with occasional bursts of sunshine, so I shall be back to wearing my warm coat for my daily walk. I told my two year old grandson the story of Jack and the Beanstalk yesterday afternoon, then repeated it for my three year old grandaughter later that evening while she was in bed. I am missing them, and my grandaughters in London. They have got used to this new way now, and my grandson doesn’t cry any more when I say goodbye. I’m going to post my sister’s birthday card today, so I will have a different walk. How exciting!
flowers Marydoll, and I hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

NfkDumpling Sat 28-Mar-20 09:06:14

It doesn’t do to overthink at the moment does it Urmston. I had a similar wobbly yesterday morning. I hope the sun comes out for you today.

whywhywhy Sat 28-Mar-20 09:07:42

Good morning from a grey Market Harborough. Hope every one is managing to stay safe. I don't think my sanity can take much more. Love and hugs to all who are suffering. X