Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(97 Posts)
12Michael Sat 28-Mar-20 06:14:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright and sunny start this morning , again a changing day .
I went ti try and pay off a credit card yesterday , experience the towns only bank considering the size of Brackley closed.
But the local Post Office is doing the Banks stuff as well.
So once I have had my breakfast will make a walk towards to the post office and hopefully avoid a Que
Other wise a day of staying in .
Mick.

hulahoop Sat 28-Mar-20 11:01:33

Morning from west yorks think wobbles are around at moment I had mine yesterday after video call from son and talking to GC gave myself a good talking to just deciding what to do today .

Feelingmyage55 Sat 28-Mar-20 11:33:07

gillybob. You made me laugh. Those are new sayings to me. Any more?

Kalu Sat 28-Mar-20 11:33:12

Good morning all from a sunny day in Glasgow. I have been listening to two nearby dogs having a chat with each other from garden to garden. A walk on the lead just doesn’t cut it when used to the freedom of a long runabout.

Motivation has slowed down a bit and occasionally finding myself digging deep for reasons to be cheerful, understandable as we all try to accept this very different temporary way of life. Must do better?

Scentia Hope you feel better as the day goes on, remember to keep a check of your temperature. Drinking lots of water may help too?

whywhywhy I’m not always good at following my own advice but it is so important, especially just now, to get out of the house for a daily walk. Difficult to do when you are feeling down but the benefits of fresh air and exercise are a wonderful remedy to lift our mood. Take care and keep posting. You’re not alone as you have friends here to chat to as we all muddle along and support each other.

Marydoll Not the day you were looking forward to at all ?. I know chocolate is a mood lifter but that’s no excuse to eat a whole Easter egg. You have been tellt!?

gilly sounds as if you are turning into quite the landscape gardener!??

Have the best day you can all as we keep on keeping on.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 28-Mar-20 11:40:32

whywhywhy. I said that I am phoning someone on my Christmas card list every day as it gives me and focus to phone different people than my closest family and friends. It came to me as I received a call from some who I am not often in touch with and it made me so happy as it was out of the blue. Could you do similar? Another neighbour who is alone, a faraway cousin, old school friend. Do you knit. Lots of charities looking for baby hats, squares towards blankets, dolls clothes, scarves, gloves for shoeboxes nearer Christmas. ?☕️

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 28-Mar-20 11:40:53

Good morning everybody (just)
Freezing cold here in Oxfordshire, heating on again spitting with rain, but the Forsythia bush is still bright yellow. Soils has arrived m time to put poly tunnel up but too cold and windy so indoor jobs today.
Thinking of you today Marydoll and Scentia take care , hope it’s just a general bug that you have, if not, I wish you a mild case and that you are over it very soon.
Have a good day everyone and stay at home or stay safe.

Roses Sat 28-Mar-20 11:41:27

Good morning everyone it's cool and cloudy today after a glorious week. I too had a wobble yesterday when I looked at the clock and realised that I should have been checking in to the beautiful house my children had rented for my birthday present, then I had a reality check and counted my blessings.
Feel so sorry for Marydoll and family today and everyone missing out on special occasions
Hope you all stay well and have a wobble free day x

vena11 Sat 28-Mar-20 11:56:06

My DH mother always said if we are spared and DH has carried on the tradition , my DD hates it when he says it.

dragonfly46 Sat 28-Mar-20 12:22:56

My dad used to end if every sentence with 'all being well and our Bill not ill!'. Such a pessimist.

Callistemon Sat 28-Mar-20 12:27:02

I worked with a lovely man who had a muscle wasting disease and used a wheelchair.
Every evening when we said our 'cheerios' and 'see you tomorrows' he would say "God willing".

Grannmarie Sat 28-Mar-20 12:38:32

Good morning, Mick, and all GM posters old and new.

Marydoll, BladeAnnie, thinking of you and yours, thanksflowers

It's hard not seeing the grandchildren, so thankful for the technology to help keep in touch, via photos and video calls.

To all with wobbles, thinking of you.... keeping busy, walking in the fresh air, Joe Wicks workouts ... provide welcome distraction and seem to help.

My big wobble came when DS2, on the ventilation team in big city hospital, told me that he has been fitted for his mask. He is very positive and matter of fact about it.

Sending love and prayers to all who wish them.

Urmstongran Sat 28-Mar-20 12:50:17

Seems a fair few of us had a wobble yesterday. It’s to be expected now & again isn’t it?

I’m a bit easier in my mind today. I hope all the fellow wobblers are too. x

CherryCezzy Sat 28-Mar-20 12:56:51

Good afternoon from a fine if not chilly and increasingly windy day here on the Gower.
If I knew yesterday what I knew today Beechnut I would never have used the word celebration so I hope you accept my apologies flowers
Marydoll thinking of you and your DD and the rest of your loving family today ? ? ?
I saw your late post yesterday annsixty, thanks wink
Sorry your operation has been cancelled flowers

Calpurnia hope you and your DH are okay today. The pesto sounds delicious. Take care flowers
I had to wake my WP today, which I felt so guilty doing. He's been on opiates and sleeping tablets for so many years and recently because he has been on the sleeping tablets so long he was put on a reduction regime. Needless to say he has not been sleeping well but did last night. He slept in so late that I had no choice but to wake him since otherwise he would have had to forego his painkillers.

On a lighter note, one of the supermarkets has been stocking up with wildflower seeds mix and so we have sowed some to have a meadow later in the year. Quite looking forward to the clocks springing forward tonight, one hour shorter in lockdown smile . I wish hmm it could happen every day so that lockdown would appear shorter.

Take care all you lovely GMs and welcome to GN new posters.

Be kind to yourselves ❤️

Mapleleaf Sat 28-Mar-20 14:21:02

Good afternoon, all.

It's a lot greyer and colder today, with a chilly breeze and occasional shower.

Late posting today as been busy doing various jobs but now browsing through the GM thread.

To all having wobbles, feeling low, unwell or worked, I send you my very best wishes and some ?.

Welcome to all the new posters. ?

Glad you are feeling a bit better mick.

Mapleleaf Sat 28-Mar-20 14:21:40

Worried, not worked! ?

GrannySomerset Sat 28-Mar-20 14:36:12

Marydoll - if you know Lilian Beckwith’s lovely books (The Hills is Lonely and others) you will recognise Morag’s evening farewell “If the Lord spares me”. I use it to annoy DH when he is a bit lugubrious.

CherryCezzy Sat 28-Mar-20 14:39:20

Just wanted to say Mick take care when you are out, please look after yourself and try only going out when you need to. It's a bit of a b....r at the moment with all the live sports cancelled. Both my WP and me are avid football fans and are really missing all the tournaments, especially the Premier League.

Mythbirthdragon my WP originates from east London and by coincidence were (still are ) supporters of the same club when we met, may I ask which (if any) football club you or any family members support?

Kalu Sat 28-Mar-20 14:39:32

CherryCezzy you have just reminded me to buy a couple of packets of deep blue cornflower seeds? That particular shade of blue is quite outstanding and a lovely splash of colour I love seeing.

I’m sure your WP appreciates your thoughtfulness. Enjoy your day.?

CherryCezzy Sat 28-Mar-20 14:42:02

Thank you Kalu and glad I reminded you smile

Marydoll Sat 28-Mar-20 16:05:06

GrannySomerset, I had totally forgotten about Lillian Beckwith.☺️
Thanks for the heads up.

DoraMarr Sat 28-Mar-20 17:41:51

Gilly Callistemom and others- my mother used to say “God willing” too. When my eldest daughter was small, my father said “”when you grow up, I shall teach you how to drive.” “Yes, if you are still alive,” she replied.

Callistemon Sat 28-Mar-20 18:22:58

grin
I hesitate to ask DoraMarr