Gransnet forums

Chat

Paracetamol...☹

(35 Posts)
farview Sat 28-Mar-20 16:40:03

I have a really bad chest infection...feeling quite off colour...only ever take paracetamol if really needed but do like to have a packet in the cupboard..well for weeks its been impossible to get any in the supermarket...I really need some now....temperature, generally just off colour..have had H drive to so many shops searching...to no avail..its ridiculous..

Eglantine21 Sat 28-Mar-20 16:41:41

I wonder how many people he’s infected.........

Luckygirl Sat 28-Mar-20 16:43:11

Have you tried ringing your GP surgery?
I am sorry you are unwell - I hope very much that the pharmacies your OH visited are observing the proper precautions.

GabriellaG54 Sat 28-Mar-20 16:43:35

Yes, a bit daft. Why not ring the shop to ask if they have any (if you can get through) before driving there?

ExD Sat 28-Mar-20 16:43:41

Does paracetamol have a sell by date?

GabriellaG54 Sat 28-Mar-20 16:44:30

It's not urgent so you shouldn't keep going out.

Eglantine21 Sat 28-Mar-20 16:47:20

Does nobody else recognise the symptoms?

farview Sat 28-Mar-20 16:52:33

Eglantine21 I have been on antibiotics since Wednesday..it is a chest infection....nothing more sinister....my H took all precautions when he was out...
.as I'm sure you all do !

Riverwalk Sat 28-Mar-20 16:52:40

I'm sorry you're unwell.

Call your local pharmacy and ask if they have any - I note you only mention supermarkets. If they're out of stock they'll keep a packet for you, for future use, they get deliveries every day.

GagaJo Sat 28-Mar-20 16:55:09

There are local support groups listed on Facebook, usually by the name of the area, so Sprowston Covid 19 community support (or suchlike).

There are people on there who will be able to track some down for you and drop it off. A VERY kind person in my area dropped some off at my house when we thought we were developing symptoms.

Either go online to search for your local group OR ask a family member/Facebook afficionado to help find one for you.

farview Sat 28-Mar-20 16:57:41

A friend of ours is getting her son to post some through the letterbox....

ExD Sat 28-Mar-20 16:58:15

Sorry - scrub that, I misread your first message.

anna7 Sat 28-Mar-20 18:18:25

Get well soon Farview flowers

rafichagran Sat 28-Mar-20 18:26:29

Get well soon Farview.

Baggs Sat 28-Mar-20 18:26:38

Glad you've managed to get some, farview. Get well soon.

bikergran Sat 28-Mar-20 18:34:26

Glad you have managed to get some, hope they help

cupaffull Sat 28-Mar-20 18:39:36

PLeeease Your DH must not go out!
Search out local FB support group or covidmutualaid who will assist.
Hope you feel better soon...but DH is now isolated at home for 2 weeks. NO OPTION.

farview Sat 28-Mar-20 18:44:30

Got them now...H is very careful...thank you! Chest infection coincided with tree pollen time..so asthma flared up also ..bit of a 'downer' kicked in also re the situation with the virus etcetera...alls good ..2 paracetamol and bed...

farview Sat 28-Mar-20 18:45:23

Message received..H isolating..

GrannyLaine Sat 28-Mar-20 18:53:28

To any others struggling: I take pcm and ibuprofen for pain from arthritis. Both have been in short supply in the supermarket but the in-store pharmacies have always had plenty. Hope you soon feel better farview

Iam64 Sat 28-Mar-20 18:53:59

farview, if you do facebook, there is a local Covid support group on there. It lists local deliveries are available because its proving impossible to register with the supermarkets. The group has a number of volunteers, willing to source and deliver to people in isolation
Get well soon and let us know how you are

BlueSky Sat 28-Mar-20 18:58:03

Have you tried on line pharmacies? I've got mine on line as all the shops were hopeless.

farview Sat 28-Mar-20 19:02:20

My friends son has posted some through the letterbox
I have got antibiotics off my doctor for my chest infection which I always get at this time year,spoken also to the asthma nurse and my d.i.l is a nurse practitioner..I haven't got coronavirus...this is a yearly occurrence for me..

Elizabeth1 Sat 28-Mar-20 19:03:55

IAm64 we ran out of compost for pot planting and I put a help notice in the Gransnet forum and on my Facebook page before you could hold your breath for 10 seconds I had a kind neighbour drop a bag at the front door for us to help ourselves then we received a delivery from Dobbies . We did very well the plugs are now in our garden pots can’t wait until I see the wee green shoots popping through hurrah hurrah hurrah smile

Marydoll Sat 28-Mar-20 19:06:56

fairview, I hope you feel better soon. I'm usually in a similar position at this time of the year.?
Fortunately I have a rescue pack of antibiotics and steroids to keep at home.

I was forced to ask my GP for a prescription for paracetamol to top up my pain relief patches. He was unaware, it was unavailable in our area.