Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(105 Posts)
12Michael Tue 31-Mar-20 06:15:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley looks like its been wet at some point.
Yet another day of self isolate , this morning looking at essentials I need to get to last me in the toiletries area.
I like using Brut as anti persistent , but i am using some other stuff I have as I am not going off on buses .
maybe play CD`s watch TV , cycling sport wise check to see what repeat is being shown.
Mick

Feelingmyage55 Tue 31-Mar-20 20:21:03

auntieflo. Look for puff candy.
marydoll. Now I do have icing sugar so chocolate coated macaroon bars next. Off to look for a recipe.

Marydoll Tue 31-Mar-20 20:44:06

Feelingmyage

To make macaroon bars (makes 18-20):
• 1 large potato (100g after boiling)
• 400-500g icing sugar
• 2-3 drops vanilla extract
• 300g dark chocolate
• 100g dessicated coconut

Boil the potato until soft. Drain, measure out 100g, then mash until there are no lumps, and leave until cold.
Put the cold mashed potato, vanilla extract and 100g of icing sugar in a bowl. Mix well – the potato might seem very dry, but it will change into a very thick, sticky paste. Keep adding the icing sugar, 100g at a time, mixing well after each addition, until you have a stiff white fondant.
Line a tray with greaseproof paper, put the fondant in the tray, and press flat. Cover with cling film and leave in the freezer for an hour.
In the meantime, toast the coconut in the oven – spread thinly on a large baking sheet and cook in the oven at 150°C (300°F) for around 5 minutes until the coconut is just golden. Watch it carefully – it can burn very easily. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Remove the fondant from the freezer. Cut into bars (mine were finger length and just wider than finger width).
Melt the chocolate in a bowl above a pan of barely simmering water. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, dip each piece of the sugar paste into the chocolate, then roll in the coconut. Transfer to a sheet of greasproof paper and allow to set.

Scentia Tue 31-Mar-20 20:51:54

Oooh marydoll they’re vegan. I am going to make them tomorrow?

Marydoll Tue 31-Mar-20 20:58:09

Scentia, I set my new grill on fire! I didn't realise how hot it was, compared to my last cooker. It also had a fan, which made it worse. Be very careful or toast the coconut in the oven. It's very flammable.??‍???‍???‍???‍?