Gransnet forums

Chat

I hate to say this but I am BORED!!!!

(33 Posts)
Craftycat Tue 31-Mar-20 13:15:12

DH has taken to his bed with ' a sore throat'- his way of saying I want a day in bed. I could never stay in bed all day!
I have cooked until there is no space in freezers.
There is not a weed to be seen in the garden.
I have played with the cats until they are begging me to let them sleep.
I have had my daily walk & my daily Yoga session.
I have cleaned out the fridge.
No ironing to be done.
None of my hobbbies are appealing today.
Looks like reading a book all afternoon or finding a film on TV but neither options appeal.
Am I alone in this???
I know- my Mum used to say only boring people get bored too! HOW many more weeks of this?

Sorry moan over but made me feel better!

Iam64 Tue 31-Mar-20 14:01:46

You have to remember what your mum said Crafty! I suspect pretty much everyone here had a mum who told them only boring people get bored. I found it infuriating but it makes me laugh now.
I can't believe you don't have a window to clean, or a cupboard to tidy (or a forum to read)
have fun

rosenoir Tue 31-Mar-20 14:02:13

I am bored today too. There are things I could do,decorating,de cluter wardrobe, more cleaning or garden pottering but I just want to talk to somebody face to face or drive to the shops and wander around even though I used to do anything to avoid shopping.

This is the first day I have felt like this and sure it will pass.

I feel a bit better too,having said this out loud.

Greymar Tue 31-Mar-20 14:04:01

It is not easy to motivate self. We are social mammals.

Bridgeit Tue 31-Mar-20 14:07:33

Not so much bored, more like what’s the point?
Thankfully it usually passes as quickly.
Sorting out cupboards usually works for me, but as with you sometimes even that doesn’t help.
........ perhaps a long soak in the bath

Harris27 Tue 31-Mar-20 14:14:04

I just keep thinking ‘ I should be at work’ it’s so weird and quiet everywhere.

Callistemon Tue 31-Mar-20 14:27:36

I suppose if you're used to going out to work and rushing around doing jobs in the short time available at home, then it must be difficult. I do remember those days, but now we're retired every job seems to stretch out and take three times as long.

Off to do some baking now

Pikachu Tue 31-Mar-20 14:51:13

Bored = Stir-crazy.

Katyj Tue 31-Mar-20 15:00:15

Me too today. Think I’ve done too much over the last two weeks, spring cleaned the house from top to bottom, then been taking long walks, until yesterday, whilst out I got a sharp pain in my knee and had to hobble home, resting today, but bored ?

NotAGran55 Tue 31-Mar-20 15:03:54

I’m not bored exactly - I would just prefer to be somewhere else ! Work preferably ....saddo that I am .

NotAGran55 Tue 31-Mar-20 15:05:49

Have you seen this thread .
www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1275111-Links-to-useful-resources-during-self-isolation

janeainsworth Tue 31-Mar-20 15:10:01

I am terribly lethargic which isn’t like me.
I can’t be bothered to do anything, even things which I know I should do, like mopping the kitchen floor or writing letters to the DGCsad
I’ve realised I’ll never do all those things I used to think I’d do, if only I had time.
I spend all my time on FB and GN and I’m ashamed of myself because I know there are people out there suffering.

gulligranny Tue 31-Mar-20 15:16:07

I haven't had the chance to do all the "good" things like washing down paintwork and cleaning windows as I have a horribly hurty knee just now. So I'm just having to rest it, and being forced to read and watch tv and drink tea ... damn, it's hard!
Definitely not bored though.

Juliet27 Tue 31-Mar-20 15:23:27

Same here janea?

Grannybags Tue 31-Mar-20 15:31:11

My Mum used to say "how can you be bored if you've got a book?"!

I must admit to being lethargic too though, and my cupboards still need sorting...

Purplepixie Tue 31-Mar-20 15:37:58

This is really weird but I've been OK right up to today and I could scream! I've loads to do. Plenty of hobby stuff. Housework and ironing yet I feel so lethargy and don't feel like doing it. Yes today I'm bored!!!!! I want to meet my friends and do ladies who do lunch!!!!! Arghhhhh!!!!!

NanKate Tue 31-Mar-20 15:44:40

I was recommended to Classic Words a scrabble game by gransnetters. It is free and I down loaded the app to my IPad. In 3 days I have become fixated with it and keep finding time here and there to play the game. It’s fab if you like words.

A friend has sent this link to a 4 minute video, so funny and clever.
https:/youtu.be/Nf4XxnL4lPk

Pikachu Tue 31-Mar-20 16:29:42

Scrubbed out the f word in case I offend anyone

Maggiemaybe Tue 31-Mar-20 16:35:28

I wish I’d seen your version yesterday, Pikachu, before ever so slightly shocking some of my dear ones by sending out the original. grin How do you do that scrubbing out?

Purplepixie Tue 31-Mar-20 16:37:49

NanKate thank you for sharing. Its great. X

Pikachu Tue 31-Mar-20 16:41:07

Maggie I have PhotoEditor on my iPad.

Pikachu Tue 31-Mar-20 16:42:01

PS my friends never mind the unedited but the children are easily shocked!

Maggiemaybe Tue 31-Mar-20 16:44:12

Same here, Pikachu! grin Thank you, I’ll get the app and spare their blushes!

Pikachu Tue 31-Mar-20 16:44:51

??

CleoPanda Tue 31-Mar-20 16:46:32

@ Pikachu - flippin hilarious.