Gransnet forums

Chat

I hate to say this but I am BORED!!!!

(34 Posts)
Craftycat Tue 31-Mar-20 13:15:12

DH has taken to his bed with ' a sore throat'- his way of saying I want a day in bed. I could never stay in bed all day!
I have cooked until there is no space in freezers.
There is not a weed to be seen in the garden.
I have played with the cats until they are begging me to let them sleep.
I have had my daily walk & my daily Yoga session.
I have cleaned out the fridge.
No ironing to be done.
None of my hobbbies are appealing today.
Looks like reading a book all afternoon or finding a film on TV but neither options appeal.
Am I alone in this???
I know- my Mum used to say only boring people get bored too! HOW many more weeks of this?

Sorry moan over but made me feel better!

B9exchange Tue 31-Mar-20 17:06:21

Thank you NanKate, wonderful!

SalsaQueen Tue 31-Mar-20 21:02:17

I work in the mornings, but my lunchtime job has stopped for now, so I get home at about 12. I've done every bit of washing I can find, including washing some things which didn't need it (curtains and cushion covers). I've ironed, cleaned, sorted out crap stuff we don't need. I've read, cooked, baked, done crosswords, done online shopping for more crap things on Amazon, I've chatted to friends and grandchildren online, and yet the hours are dragging by.

paddyanne Tue 31-Mar-20 23:32:32

I dont get bored ,ever.I'm quite enjoying having time to do things at a different pace.Not thrilled about contracts being cancelled and income lost but as the First Minister said this morning we can fix the economy we cant bring people back to life.
We've been self isolating since the 8th of the month and managed to get loads done in and outside the house. The GC msg me and phone me and my son has been sending videos of the baby learning new things .As long as we all keep in touch and keep safe thats all that counts for now.I'd like us all to be around for a long time to come .

Hetty58 Tue 31-Mar-20 23:37:14

I don't get bored either - not these days.

My mother used to say 'Only boring people get bored!'

We soon stopped saying it anyway, as we were given things to do if we did (polishing silver or shoes, digging out weeds or cleaning etc.).

Callistemon Tue 31-Mar-20 23:51:29

Pikachu
I think you are very polite- I'm sure I saw it on another thread with the offending word left in!

DH roared with laughter but then I think he was wondering just what Jolene is like ......

Eloethan Wed 01-Apr-20 00:06:06

PiKachu Thank you so much - that was really funny.

Eloethan Wed 01-Apr-20 00:27:07

I suppose I should be clearing out cupboards, cleaning windows, etc etc. I started off that way - doing extra jobs around the house and garden - and doing some art, reading , catching up with recorded TV programmes, ringing my friends, etc, etc. But the initial impetus seems to have worn off. I think in the back of my mind I'm aware that this is probably going to go on for quite a while and that there's no rush to get everything done at once. Don't want to sink into apathy though.

I miss seeing my grandchildren and my friends, and getting out of the house to go to choir and art class. My husband isn't much company.

I've enjoyed the jokes on Gransnet though - they have really cheered me up.

Callistemon Wed 01-Apr-20 00:37:59

I should be clearing cupboards but nothing is going anywhere as the charity shops are shut.