Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(88 Posts)
12Michael Wed 01-Apr-20 06:12:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but looks dry , cold be a little bit warmer and spring like with blossom and buds showing on nearby trees .
Today, will walk the short distance to Waitrose , que maybe and get some essential toiletries mainly , shaving cream , and shower gel.
Apart from that stay in , hope I have some mail as well.
Mick

kittylester Wed 01-Apr-20 12:45:24

Afternoon all!

The morning has escaped as my friend rang to tell me that she had to have her dog put down. She has recently lost her much loved horse too. To say she was upset is putting it very mildly. sad

Sending love to all.

dragonfly46 Wed 01-Apr-20 12:48:20

Sorry to hear that kitty.

jaybee66 Wed 01-Apr-20 13:19:29

Beautiful sunny day here in Worthing. Got my washing out on the line. Take care everyone x

Taichinan Wed 01-Apr-20 13:23:17

So sorry for your friend Kitty. We're all under enough stress without having to cope with the loss of much-loved animal companions as well ?

Taichinan Wed 01-Apr-20 13:48:29

Must pop back in with this as it's April 1st. DD let her DDs (14 and 16) sleep until 9am and then pounded up the stairs shouting "Quick, quick. Get up! Your Guidance teacher is outside. She's doing the rounds making sure everyone is up and getting on with their schoolwork!". She said she's never seen two teenagers jump out of bed and throw clothes on so fast!! I'm still chortling ???. PS I wonder what they'll do to her now ?

GabriellaG54 Wed 01-Apr-20 14:02:41

Well...just received my Amazon parcel from courier. Ordered 19.30 Tues. Delivered 13.51 today.
Quickest ever service. ??

Marydoll Wed 01-Apr-20 14:05:19

As an ex teacher, I loved that! !?

Megs36 Wed 01-Apr-20 14:19:46

Sorry about those that are also ‘confined’ with their partner, I too, mentioned before, am also in that positioned for 12 weeks, My husband is very high risk since stay in hospital, which TG was treatable pneumonia and I don’t drive since last years stroke, he is slowly making progress so dare not take any chances,now dependant on kindness of friends who leave stuff on step. The worst thing is not seeing anyone, the phone is running hot. I can live without shopping, although will I remember how to in another 10 weeks I wonder, but a chat and cuppa would be good or a knock on the door?.

CherryCezzy Wed 01-Apr-20 15:24:50

Brilliant Taichinan grin
Megs ?

Doodle Wed 01-Apr-20 15:42:05

marydoll I have PMd you.

Megs36 Wed 01-Apr-20 15:46:30

Thankyou Cherry.

Calender37 Wed 01-Apr-20 16:32:29

Hallo everyone - here in West Sussex the day has been brighter with welcome sunshine and some blue skies.
Like many I am ‘confined to barracks’. But the cherry tree is showing buds opening, my lawn is a picture covered in daisies and the roses are shooting. I constantly give thanks for Memories. I keep myself occupied but have taken to allowing myself a ‘Memory Hour’ each day. Back in Yorkshire remembering special places, in Dorset along the beautiful coastline and the hidden hamlets. In Italy revisiting all the areas that became part of my life for so long. And last but not least, the delightful people I have known but are no longer here and family members who have passed. With the latter memories a tad of sadness but a deal of laughter too. Bless you all and stay safe as much as you can.