Gransnet forums

Chat

So what you buying on line? Apart from food and groceries.

(201 Posts)
PamelaJ1 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:02:41

I’d love to get some paint but I can’t think of anything else I need.
Seems that online shopping is booming. Am I missing out??‍♀️

Doorstop Thu 02-Apr-20 08:13:00

PamelaJ1 Just looked on Wickes website and they have your Dulux paint listed, not sure how much stock they have, my order has taken about a week as of course everyone is ordering online, just glad I have got some as DH is unable to amuse himself!

Franbern Thu 02-Apr-20 08:59:40

Received my lovely two large garden wall 'insects' from QVC to brighten up the tall wall that runs on one side of my large triangular balcony.
Flat pack small patio shed for same balcony - cannot get this put together as it needs two people, but am painting all the parts with cuprinol, also ordered on line.
Some faux plants for balcony. Have ordered some pots and want to plant some real flowers, but not sure about obtaining compost.
New bra.
Will probably need to order birthday and anniversary cards soon.
No food items, still doing shopping during 'oldies' hour at Sainsbury's.

harrigran Thu 02-Apr-20 09:11:51

Ordered some books a month ago but they haven't delivered them.
I have been unable to get any groceries online, when this is over I will seriously be rethinking where I do my shopping.

merlotgran Thu 02-Apr-20 09:14:33

I've sent Easter choccies to all the DGCs via Amazon.

Expensive!!

Lucca Thu 02-Apr-20 09:20:04

A pair of hairdressing scissors...when the time comes I can’t
cut my fringe with the kitchen scissors

A couple of toys for the GC

A couple of books

SalsaQueen Thu 02-Apr-20 09:20:45

Nothing. I haven't been able to get any groceries online either.

Witzend Thu 02-Apr-20 09:24:47

A new duvet cover.
Plants for my pots (haven’t arrived yet).
Hairspray for stiffening the ‘eggs’ I’ve knitted for Gdcs!
Couldn’t find any in the shops we’ve braved so far.

MerylStreep Thu 02-Apr-20 09:24:58

White material to make a pair of trousers as I couldn't find exactly what I wanted.
White invisible zip and zipper foot ( and then you find the one you had?)
Wool from our local shop who are delivering ( they have an on-line site)
Material to cover a footstool and ottaman.
Masonry paint to paint the bungalow.
Drawer handles for desk that I've just refurbished.
Drawing materials for OH.
Then there are the numerous car parts etc for OHs hobby: his 1937 built hot rod.
But no food ?

shysal Thu 02-Apr-20 09:26:56

My paint came from:
www.buypaintsonline.co.uk/

Whitewavemark2 Thu 02-Apr-20 09:31:10

Far too many plants. Goodness knows where they are all going.

dragonfly46 Thu 02-Apr-20 09:31:36

Easter eggs for the DGC so they have time to quarantine them
Disposable gloves.
Masks.
Pegs for the robot mower.
DGS’s birthday presents.
A wig - it was rubbish and looked like a dead rat!

Grammaretto Thu 02-Apr-20 09:34:10

Lucca grin
We are saving money in case our pensions dry up. We had a letter about that it wouldn't be affected. Huh! Everyone will be affected.

Seriously about online shopping. My DS is a delivery person and he is very worried about the virus as people come too near and the vans are used by different people.
They have no protective clothing. Also the motorway services are closed so the drivers have to carry food with them and can't see a soul.

If you shop at Amazon you are squeezing the small local shops out of business. Just saying!

When I run out of things, other than essentials, I ask on facebook. I have been sharing extra seeds and plants too. (and buttons)
Anyone fancy some pumpkin soup? wink

FlexibleFriend Thu 02-Apr-20 09:41:17

I buy most stuff online so online shopping from ocado, disinfectant, disposable gloves, loo rolls, carpet shampoo, spray bottles etc etc the list is pretty long as it always is.

Callistemon Thu 02-Apr-20 10:03:36

Seeds, hoping they will arrive soon
DH's birthday present
Yarn

None from Amazon, I should add.
He's already the richest man in the world but still manages to look like medallion man.

Witzend Thu 02-Apr-20 10:05:51

Oh, and a birthday present for Gdd, sent direct, ditto DVD of Frozen 2 for Gdcs, after asking dd what they’d like.

SkyBird Thu 02-Apr-20 10:17:37

Gifts for my Grandchildren. I remember as a child the thrill of receiving something in the post. One of my great Aunts had an exceptional ability of choosing and sending the most memorable gifts. She was a great traveller and I had an enviable collection of dolls in national costumes.

annodomini Thu 02-Apr-20 10:27:46

Books and more books for my KIndle.

Purplepixie Thu 02-Apr-20 10:32:31

Seeds for the garden, some fabic for my eternal cushion covers that I’m making, a jacket from Fat Face, boots from Hotters for next winter, chocolates for us all from Hotel Chocolat to cheer us all up. Then I think I will order some Easter eggs from Amazon and have them send to my grand children for Easter. At this rate I think I might start and get some christmas knitting and sewing done.

Missfoodlove Thu 02-Apr-20 10:33:44

Stay fresh vegetable bags. ( They really work)
5 Edward Monkton greeting cards.
ESalon home hair dye kit ( too scared to use it)
Will be ordering puzzles and crafts from The Works website for an Easter gift to our GD. It’s a really good source of cheap goodies to keep young children occupied.

Davida1968 Thu 02-Apr-20 10:35:13

Wine. Soaps. Flowers (to a friend who had surgery last week). And a TV for the bedroom, in case of illness......

Missfoodlove Thu 02-Apr-20 10:38:33

Oh I forgot 2 tins of Batiste blonde dry shampoo. This is helping to hide my roots and will have to continue to do so as home hair dye is too scary for me.
See attached pic, it really works, I did a before and after for you?

FlexibleFriend Thu 02-Apr-20 10:40:28

Amazon are my lifeline, they deliver local shops don't.

TerriBull Thu 02-Apr-20 10:52:48

I ordered quite a few things from Boots just as everything was shut down, hair colour, facial moisturiser and cleanser, cracked heel cream, I wish I'd ordered more like bits and pieces of make up, not that I a wear a lot these days. That was delivered fairly quickly. I dump all my boxes in the garage. We ordered quite a lot of our favourite coffee pods, they've been delivered. Also root (hair) touch up kit that I've used before.

Yesterday I ordered a favourite diffuser from Liberty and more importantly 3 large Diprobase for my itchy skin, have to use it every day otherwise I get flare ups, does keep the itching at bay.

We'd like to get some plants for the garden and a new garden seat particularly as garden centres are struggling and likely to go out of business, our local garden centre doesn't seem to be offering a delivery service unfortunately. We'll keep looking on that score.

I need to get some roller skates for my grandson's birthday coming up later this month.

No luck with food delivery slots, still like gold dust.

Sadly most products are still delivered by "The Great Satan" as someone else referred to them here on GN,they are going to do very well out of this period of enforced isolation, whilst the poor high street already struggling will be decimated once we return to a normal semblance of life sad

Greeneyedgirl Thu 02-Apr-20 10:53:40

Gramaretto.It is very concerning that your DS a driver is being put at risk so that we can enjoy many non essentials.

Unfortunately it is extremely difficult for over 70s to get essential food item deliveries.

If companies continue to operate they must safeguard their workers and profit shouldn't come before lives.

Iam64 Thu 02-Apr-20 10:55:55

Dog food, dog clippers and scissors for that spaniel. Her much needed groom was of course cancelled. Dog chews and biscuits.

Hand sanitiser, soap, washing up tablets.

These items are things that our local veg and basic product delivery doesn't stock.

Yes I'm in the vulnerable category. No,I can't register with either of our local supermarkets.