Gransnet forums

Chat

Conspiracy Theories

(158 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Thu 02-Apr-20 10:37:59

During this worrying time a number of conspiracy theories are emerging so which ones, if any, do you believe? Some I have heard are:

The virus has been manufactured and released

By China (for what reason is unclear)

By a group of businessmen wanting to take over the world

By a mad billionare who wants to infect as many people as possible and then sell the cure and make a fortune

By various governments who will eventually state everyone has to have a chip inserted under their skin which will enable them to control and enslave us

Aepgirl Fri 03-Apr-20 11:40:48

However it started, if only China had told the world sooner perhaps it wouldn’t have escalated so much.

vampirequeen Fri 03-Apr-20 11:45:13

Does it matter that the Chinese eat foods that are different to other people? I don't see how their cuisine has led to this situation.

vampirequeen Fri 03-Apr-20 11:46:39

As one of the lunatics I think a conspiracy theory that is obviously really far fetched is fun. Other theories are merely speculation and should be squashed down whenever we see them.

Flakesdayout Fri 03-Apr-20 11:48:14

Definitely the wet markets in Wuhan, Bats, Pangolins and what some of the Chinese are eating. Probably not just in China.

It is the wrath of something

Sussexborn Fri 03-Apr-20 11:55:36

I stumbled across a mainly US forum where it appears to be a known fact that Meghan Markle is actually 45, used a rubber fake pregnancy bump and Archie is a rubber doll. If the latter theory proves to be true it will knock Tiny Tears for a six.

I’ve only seen Daniel Craig’s 007 and enjoyed it more than I expected. Would be happy with Sean Bean as long as he is wearing his Sharpe get up and not the priest’s cassock from the last series I saw him in.

Camelotclub Fri 03-Apr-20 11:57:36

M0nica
They're also one of the most endangered species in the world, poor things.

Tanjamaltija Fri 03-Apr-20 12:10:01

@Vampirequeen - or Contagious.

Lynnabelle Fri 03-Apr-20 12:14:26

The wet markets in China have cage on top of cage full of assortments of different wild and domestic animals. If you can imagine that the animals in the top cages will likely urinate and defecate on the animals beneath them it is not too hard to understand how infections can occur.
The Chinese have ‘endangered species’ restaurants where they can indulge their different eating preferences.

Essex59 Fri 03-Apr-20 12:16:12

Pikachu is right...
Its 5G that is responsible ?
Seriously, there are people on social media who spend their whole day posting this nonsense.

vampirequeen Fri 03-Apr-20 12:17:42

I still don't see how the Chinese food choices have anything to do with coronavirus.

Firecracker123 Fri 03-Apr-20 12:27:46

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small.
All things wise and wonderful
The ....... eat them all.

That's the reality.

cathieb Fri 03-Apr-20 12:36:44

I find the conspiracy theories quite entertaining, but there could be a grain of truth in one or more of them - who knows? In a way it's more frightening to think that it probably began with just a random act of carelessness on someone's part - a lab technician or refuse collector out and about without the gloves, masks and sanitising routines that we are all so painfully learning about now.

Bamm Fri 03-Apr-20 12:42:09

3nanny6 I have a son that says this sort of thing !

Tamayra Fri 03-Apr-20 12:42:42

I suggest you watch Simon Parkes Videos
He has plausible answers to questions about the origin & ultimate purpose behind the release of the virus
His web site blog is Connecting Consciousness & he’s on You tube too smile

Joesoap Fri 03-Apr-20 12:51:11

I am a conspiracy believer,I am sure there is germ warfare going on, maybe acidentally an experiment went wrong, but it has certainly affected the world like it or not.

Elderflower2 Fri 03-Apr-20 13:02:59

Sainsburys sent me an email that read their stocks seem to be returning to normal, they would if only a few people are allowed in at a time and there are restrictions on the numbers of any item bought.

Good way to control greed brought on by panic.

M0nica Fri 03-Apr-20 13:04:38

VQ Chinese eating practices are relevant to coronavirus because the virus used to be known in the animal world but did not affect humans. The transition and mutation is beleived to have happened in one of the wild meat markets in Wuhan, where, as Lynabelle says (The Chinese) have cage on top of cage full of assortments of different wild and domestic animals. If you can imagine that the animals in the top cages will likely urinate and defecate on the animals beneath them it is not too hard to understand how infections can occur and viruses mutate and easily affect humans..

Elderflower2 Fri 03-Apr-20 13:05:22

Listen, if you believe JFK was assassinated and 9/11 happened, then you are, by definition, a conspiracy theorist.

Tillybelle Fri 03-Apr-20 13:09:30

Crumbs, we're running out of topics!

Joelise Fri 03-Apr-20 13:18:31

I do agree with Aepgirl that if China had been honest , and informed the rest of the world, we would not be in this dire situation now . There was a letter from the ambassador, at least I think it was the ambassador, in the UK for the Chinese government, crying foul on the rest of the world for putting the blame on China ! ??

notanan2 Fri 03-Apr-20 13:24:39

I've seen one going around that's somehow to do with 5G. It was so incoherent that I didn't even try to understand what they were on about

notanan2 Fri 03-Apr-20 13:26:16

How are the conspiracy theorists now explaining the locus swarms over africa and asia which are wiping out global food supplies?

vampirequeen Fri 03-Apr-20 13:28:28

The influenza virus mutates most years. It's in the nature of the beast. Viruses can and do mutate. To blame the Chinese eating habits and post that little racist (albeit with the word removed) ditty is inappropriate at best.

JenniferEccles Fri 03-Apr-20 13:28:55

Firecracker123 ?

CathyDavio Fri 03-Apr-20 13:32:47

I think it is possible to be from the virology lab in Wuhan. If not its a big co incident that there is an actual lab in the city.