Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Fri 03-Apr-20 06:08:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight outside and its dry, expecting the weather to warm a little here in Brackley .
Will get in the que and get some basic items today for the rest of the week .
I am slowly starting to compile what i need and what I do not.
Mick

Sark Fri 03-Apr-20 06:42:29

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a fairly grey Oxfordshire
Hope you get all your shopping Mick
Friday again but at the moment I never know what day it is!
Have a good day and flowers for those who are struggling

BlueSapphire Fri 03-Apr-20 06:45:51

Good morning Mick and all to come. It's very grey here in Northampton this morning but there is promise of a fine weekend.

Would have been our 48th wedding anniversary today, just miss DH so much. But I will do what he would tell me to do, and open a bottle of Prosecco ? later on, and drink a toast to the wonderful years we had together.

Will attempt the Jo Wickes Exercises for Seniors this morning which I found on YouTube yesterday after a neighbour recommended them. It's just 10 minutes I believe. And I also found a Silver Swans online ballet class as well, which I also did. I plan to do lesson 1 every day till Wednesday when lesson 2 comes out, and then carry on. I even put my ballet shoes on!

Went out for the big clap last night and was pleased to see everyone out after last week when there were just the two of us.

Stay safe everyone and hope all have a good day.

Sark Fri 03-Apr-20 07:05:01

Morning Blue Sapphire
Thinking about youwine flowers

GrannyGravy13 Fri 03-Apr-20 07:06:35

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Stay safe on your shopping trip Mick

I will toast your Anniversary this evening BlueSaphire

It is grey and overcast here in S E Essex the birds are extremely vocal though.

I shall make some banana bread this morning, then exercise with my gym buddies at the usual time (all separate in our own homes) afterwards I shall have a coffee and our gym whatsapp group will be busy catching up.

Went outside at 8pm, I do find it very emotional, the cars were beeping (I live on the main road through our village) someone let off a few fireworks shows a real sense of community. Normally as a commuter belt village most of the neighbours are far too busy/exhausted to go outside and chat in the evening.

Keep safe and well folks x

Beechnut Fri 03-Apr-20 07:08:35

Good Morning everyone from a cloudy Severnside.

My sleep was filled with a dream of all sorts of weird stuff.

A day of pottering and sewing for me with GW on tv this evening.

Happy Anniversary BlueSapphire ?

Let’s hope we have the best day we can ?

Grammaretto Fri 03-Apr-20 07:11:04

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. Quieter weather today. Deer came past our front door yesterday and the seagulls are very noisy. We hear owls in the evening instead of traffic noise.
My face is swollen with an abscess.
I am thinking of Gillybob and hope she has recovered.
Bluesapphire flowers
I clapped for the carers and yesterday.
Another day in captivity. I shall clean my cell.

brook2704 Fri 03-Apr-20 07:12:51

Good morning from a cold Inverness where it’s trying to snow a little bit. ⛄️ We have been promised some warmer weather by Sunday so I’m definitely looking forward to that !

Another good turn out in our road for the clapping last night with lots of enthusiastic waving across gardens and car horns beeping

Thanking of you BlueSapphire ❤️
Take care everyone ?

brook2704 Fri 03-Apr-20 07:14:55

Hope your face is better soon Grammaretto ?

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 03-Apr-20 07:20:15

Good morning from east London, grey outside, temperature is lifting. Just catching up on a bit of Scandi noir, so ridiculous at times, can’t believe the gangsters haven’t sussed the infiltrator. We did a lot of sorting of donations at the foodbank yesterday; one shop had sent a load of ‘luxury goods’ so everyone who came got a nice surprise. The borough volunteer scheme opens its list of next week’s shifts tomorrow but they seem to have plenty of people at the moment so I think I’ll hold back on it’s scheme for now. Choir has now finished for the Easter break; it will be back in 2 weeks time.
Kitty, having watched Line of Duty from series 2, it made a lot more sense after I watched the first series. All this talk of gardening, meet Jack the beanstalk, my reminder of the 2019 year of culture. Have a good day.

Anne9054 Fri 03-Apr-20 07:26:06

Good morning everyone. This is my first post though I’ve read the thread avidly for the last month. Happy anniversary BlueSaphire and I do hope you feel better soon Gramaretto.

I have a coffee in bed and haven’t opened the curtains yet here in Norfolk but it feels warmer than of late.

I aim to go for a walk through my local wood then spend time in the garden.

I hope everyone has a good day

Nannytopsy Fri 03-Apr-20 07:33:10

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s a bright morning in Suffolk and we are looking forward to the warmer weather this weekend.
I don’t know why I am awake early - I was up until 12.30 trying to book a delivery or a click and collect without any success. The system put me in the queue at 11.45pm and 45 minutes later, when I got to the front, there was nothing left. This was for three weeks time too!
I hope today is kind to everyone and you can get help for your face Gramaretto.

brook2704 Fri 03-Apr-20 07:39:32

Welcome Anne9054 ?

NannyJan53 Fri 03-Apr-20 07:44:29

Good Morning from another dull and grey Black Country. It is supposed to be sunnier at the weekend!

Welcome to this thread Anne905 everyone here is so lovely.
Hope your face is better soon Grammaretto

I cleaned upstairs yesterday, so today it is the downstairs turn! Can only do it when Partner goes on his daily bike ride as he is working from home.

Leaned out the bedroom window last night and joined in with the neighbours. It was light, so could see everyone. In contrast to last week when it was still dark. Saw people along the road I have never seen before! Perhaps after this is over we may become more of a community and help each other?

Thinking of you today BlueSapphire flowers

Ginny42 Fri 03-Apr-20 07:49:16

Good morning Mick and everyone from a bright morning in Cheshire. Some cloud around but plenty of blue. Looking forward to the warm weather promised.

Last night far more people came out to applaud the brave workers on the front line. It made me realise there's a battle going on out there whilst I'm secure in my home. God bless them all.

I have a Zoom session to set up for friends today. I'll get my head round that when I get back from my walk in the woods. That sets me up for the day. A neighbour is topping up my food cupboard today as I must wait for over a month for a delivery slot.

Gramarretto if it's swollen you need to get to a dentist. I'm rinsing with salt water to try to prevent something in my gum developing into an abscess. Take care.

This will be a poignant day for you BlueSapphire. Enjoy the prosecco. flowers

Take care everyone. flowers for all.

Annapops Fri 03-Apr-20 07:53:37

Good morning all from County Durham. It's looking dry and grey but no wind today.

DH away to do a small essential shop while I contemplate the order of the day. I will probably resume Spring cleaning as not much of that was done yesterday.

My DD told me about her important video conference yesterday when three year old GD yelled out for all to hear from the bathroom, "Mammy I've had a poo!" The joy of working from home, but it certainly made my day.

I hope something comes along to make each and everyone of you smile today.

harrigran Fri 03-Apr-20 07:54:27

Good morning from a sunny NE.
DH went to collect his prescription, it is done electronically to the pharmacy but has still taken two weeks to process. This is ridiculous, the pharmacy is underneath the GP surgery, going to change to one closer to home.
My sister rang from abroad where she continues to deny the severity of the situation and her life seems to continue as normal.
We will have roast beef for lunch today and open a bottle of decent wine, well it is Friday.
Take care everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 03-Apr-20 07:56:57

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. Such a difference in the weather today.

It’s Day 20 out of 29 of our lockdown.

I think I shall avoid reading any personal stories today from those whose lives have been affected by the virus as they are too upsetting and leave me anxious.

A sad day for you BlueSapphire but I hope as you sip your Prosecco you will have many happy memories to recall.

Hope Friday is good to us. Keep safe everyone. x

Grammaretto Fri 03-Apr-20 07:57:13

Thanks lovely people. My jaw is swollen but, touch wood, no pain. Is it the time for home made remedies?

LullyDully Fri 03-Apr-20 07:57:32

Good morning from Hampshire I hope all is well with you. We had a welcome drop of rain over night and it looks like the sun may break through the clouds. As we have a relaxed cup of tea in bed I can see an empty bus going by....8.00am who would have thought? Bye.

Netty47 Fri 03-Apr-20 07:58:15

Good morning to all you lovely people, been reading your
thread since my DH died in January and have found great
comfort in reading what you are all getting up to each day.
BlueSapphire am thinking of you and share your sadness and pain on your anniversary , Im going to look up the silver line
ballet class I’ll enjoy that. I’ve always been a very early bird
but here I am sitting in bed at nearly 8.00 must get up as DG
constantly FaceTiming to see if granny is ok can’t let them see
me in bed can I ? Have a good day to all and stay safe .
Thinking of all that are sad poorly or lonely .

NfkDumpling Fri 03-Apr-20 07:58:30

Morning All

Its bright and sunny with dark cloudy bits here in the north of Norfolk this morning.

I nearly missed the eight o'clock clapping as I was "blathering on" (as she put it) to DD1 on the phone. They have apparently been quite ill for the last week with what now appears to be The Virus - and hadn't told me! Not sure if I should be hurt that they hadn't said anything, relieved they're coming out the other side, or happy that they've (hopefully) had it and are now relatively protected!

The thrills of ironing is the high point of today.

Stay safe everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 03-Apr-20 08:00:07

Urmstongran flowers keep safe

Grammaretto ring your dentist, they will advise you what to do

Welcome Anne9054 we are a friendly bunch

Gingster Fri 03-Apr-20 08:00:38

Good morning all. A calm start here in the Suffolk coast. We clapped with our neighbour last night. There are only 3 of us here and the others didn’t join us. But the resident bat flew around us .Quite a muted affair but a lovely thing to do. I made a loaf of bread and some rolls yesterday. I thought they turned out ok but DH said they’re a bit ‘dense’ . Oh well ! MARYDOLL - I made the macaroon bars and what a sticky mess I got into ?. I don’t think I added enough icing sugar and the fondant didn’t really set. I turned them into sort of bonbons. ??. I sent the recipe to my gd’s and hope they make a better job if it. My baking skills are always a bit hit and miss, but I really enjoy having a go. Going to give the little pooch a pamper this morning as she had to miss her grooming session last week. She’s a cockerpoo and gets very curly wurly so I’ll bath her and give her a good brush when she’s dried off. I’ll trim around her little cute face but won’t do the claw clipping. I tried that and I was scared I’d hurt her I haven’t tried again. Any tips on that? Have a gentle day and hope your face get better soon Gramaretto. That sounds painful. ? ?

Scentia Fri 03-Apr-20 08:07:39

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, the sky looks grey but I have put a load of washing on to peg out so it mustn’t rain!
‘Working’ from home today with DH
I really need to do a shop today, we have no fresh food at all, I don’t drink milk but DH said the milk we have is ‘off’ I cannot get skimmed milk anywhere so he is having to have the semi skimmed ‘creamy’ stuff!!!
I will take the pooch on a bike ride this morning, we are building up our distance each day and by the end of all this we will be going miles, and not just round and round the park!
Stay safe everyone❤️