Gransnet forums

Chat

Why don’t we have a bitching, shouting angry thread?

(82 Posts)
Artdecogran Fri 03-Apr-20 14:52:43

Where anything goes. It might allow the frustrated, angry or plain fed up to vent without spoiling other threads.

MawB Fri 03-Apr-20 23:38:48

Because somebody would be bound to butt in and derail it by being nice grin

Oh dear, I had hoped my comment earlier might occasion a wee smile and maybe, just maybe encourage people to be kinder to each other sad smile

BradfordLass73 Sat 04-Apr-20 01:02:30

I long ago came to the conclusion that some people like, maybe even need, their negativity and to try and bring others down - just as in real life.

I know a very miserable person who never fails to throw cold water on anyone's good news or exciting plans. She moans constanly and nothing is ever right.

Mostly we avoid her but I wonder what made her such a 'B-with an Itch.' She clearly enjoys upsetting people - very sad.

Fiachna50 Sat 04-Apr-20 03:43:09

I thought we already had those.

Grandad1943 Sat 04-Apr-20 08:07:13

BradfordLass73 I could not agree more with you above post. I especially detest people who talk about others behind their backs. Occasionally those persons will even talk about people they do not know by any means other than association with others which is truly detestable behaviour.

Sadly we have such characteristics in some on this forum, and undoubtedly.they would be carrying out such as in threads suggested by the OP of this one.

suziewoozie Sat 04-Apr-20 08:22:21

I am shouting and angry about people profiting from COVID-19. Atm (still) the supermarkets, some holiday cottage owners and this morning a GP ( yes a GP) caught selling COVID -19 anti- bodies tests online, Philip Green and other businesses claiming help from the Government whilst sitting on huge personal wealth. There that’s better. The upside of this, is that the fundamental decency, care and compassion of those in my personal world makes my heart sing (and reduces me to tears) on a regular basis).

suziewoozie Sat 04-Apr-20 08:23:09

I do get shouty and angry about use of the ‘b’ word - please why use it?

Granny23 Sat 04-Apr-20 08:24:08

Artdeco I did take this thread to be for every day rants so here goes:

Coat hangers , which form a gang and fight against me

Matching sets of shampoo, shower gel and conditioner - How am I supposed to know which is which when I am dripping wet and without my glasses?

The local cash machine which apart from being placed too high for me, faces due South and cannot be read on a sunny day.

sodapop Sat 04-Apr-20 08:43:02

Same here Granny23 about containers looking the same. Also I accidentally flooded an hotel bathroom when I couldn't read the shower instructions without my glasses and the handle came off in my hand. Very embarrassing when I had to call for someone to sort it all out. blush

sodapop Sat 04-Apr-20 08:45:24

Grandad1943 I meant move on from that topic not the forum. I wouldn't be so rude as to tell someone to leave GN.

annep1 Sat 04-Apr-20 09:31:29

I agree Curlywurly. Ditto summer hats for small heads.

Grandad1943 Sat 04-Apr-20 09:34:01

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Eglantine21 Sat 04-Apr-20 09:35:33

One size ladies socks 3-7. Honestly, how can that work?

Chewbacca Sat 04-Apr-20 09:45:59

Packaging you can't get into unless you're armed with a Stanley knife, tile cutter or a flame thrower. That really does make me angry

janeainsworth Sat 04-Apr-20 09:52:46

Well the new Labour Leader will be with us in about an hour from now, so expect a renewed outbreak of ranting, bitchiness and anger grin

suziewoozie Sat 04-Apr-20 10:01:54

jane only if it were RLB. I don’t think KS arouses such passions.

twinnytwin Sat 04-Apr-20 10:02:28

NO. Is that shouty enough?

gillybob Sat 04-Apr-20 10:05:54

Well my rant of the day is to the Morrison’s security people who seem to developing a Nazi style of shopping control. Give a little man a uniform and a little bit of power eh?

Taking their new found powers to a whole new level by Insisting that a single mother should leave her 7 year old child outside on the bench while she went round the shop.

Yeah Right ! Does that mean my DD should leave her under 2 year old outside too? Bluddy idiots ! angry

suziewoozie Sat 04-Apr-20 10:17:08

I don’t know what the solution is to children and supermarkets if the children are too big to sit in the trolley. Maybe single parents with young children should be given a click and collect slot or the community groups volunteers do their shopping for them. There’s no way the average young child would generally observe social distancing.

icanhandthemback Sat 04-Apr-20 10:24:28

MawB, it made me smile. smile

gillybob Sat 04-Apr-20 10:34:02

Unless I do her shopping for her my DD has no choice but to take her baby shopping with her. She doesn’t drive either so doubly hard .

suziewoozie Sat 04-Apr-20 10:39:14

Would you dd’s child fit in the trolley or could she ask the supermarket about click and collect?

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 11:15:58

gillybob there are some jobsworths around, unfortunately but let's hope very few.
Like the policeman who threatened to charge a woman with criminal damage because she put chalk marks on the pavement outside her bakery to help customers self-distance.

The chalk would wash away

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 11:17:27

It would be difficult, but easier to keep a child close to you and distancing if she is with you rather than sitting outside by herself.

suziewoozie Sat 04-Apr-20 11:27:17

The solution is not to let a child run around is it? We need to be more inventive than that.

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 11:28:10

I think one is controllable, two could be a problem!