Gransnet forums

Chat

Why don’t we have a bitching, shouting angry thread?

(82 Posts)
Artdecogran Fri 03-Apr-20 14:52:43

Where anything goes. It might allow the frustrated, angry or plain fed up to vent without spoiling other threads.

gillybob Sat 04-Apr-20 20:57:04

Aaah I’m so sorry Calli what’s the point of telling/ reminding people they’re vulnerable , putting them on “the list” only to find they can’t get a shopping slot ? That’s just rubbish . sad

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 22:39:21

I am lucky in that I have lovely neighbours and family 30 minutes away who can shop for us if needs be.
There is no way of informing the supermarkets despite their platitudes.

gillybob Sat 04-Apr-20 22:43:11

I’m glad you have good people looking out for you Calli but there really needs to be better organisation . It’s no good telling people they can’t go out if there is no alternative .

I know it’s corny.....but “stay well, my friend” xx

BlueSky Sat 04-Apr-20 23:08:12

I thought that. Luckily I was able to get a shopping slot otherwise what can you do? One of us would have to go shopping as we have no family in this country, no close friends or neighbours to speak of. Just seen that our local Spar does home deliveries for vulnerable people which I think is great. Same for people on their own with kids, how or where can you leave them to go shopping?

janipat Sun 05-Apr-20 00:07:07

Regarding children in supermarkets with their single parent, who's to say they're any more likely to be infected or indeed infect anyone else than any of the adults in there? Many, many years ago I used to take my 4 children shopping with me (husband worked away from home for days/weeks) and they NEVER ran around or got in anybody's way, and they didn't touch anything on the shelves. It's called discipline. If a child isn't being controlled then by all means warn the parent and if it continues eject them from the shop, but to prejudge is just prejudice.
Thought I'd hit the jackpot securing an Iceland delivery tonight. Shame two thirds of it never materialised ..... oh well at least I got the milk and potatoes, shame about the bread, eggs, beans, salad stuff, fruit juice ......etc

Callistemon Sun 05-Apr-20 00:08:43

Thank you gilly and you too.
DH said he'd just pop to the supermarket himself but I banned him! We will be fine but what about people who have no-one and no neighbourhood help.