Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Mon 06-Apr-20 06:10:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but mainly due to cloud and overnight rain here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday I went into Waitrose for a few items ,they opened at 0930 for browse , and tills opened at 10 , I had my selection used the self check system ,and was out , and seeing que forming outside.
It was also a difficult day, as well , just over 2 weeks since last out properly , but stick to my guns and hope the situation improves over the coming weeks.
It only needs something serious to happen where I with someone ,which would be a total lockdown for everybody in the building.
Mick

mancgirl Mon 06-Apr-20 08:08:14

Good morning from sunny Manchester. Not a lot to report, none of us us are living madly exciting lives at the moment but better this way than the alternative! I wish people would listen to the advice given re staying safe. We could perhaps then have some restrictions lifted sooner. I know we're all desperate to see family and grandchildren. If some of them think it's tough here, they should see the restrictions in Cyprus. Jo Wicks after breakfast, ironing, a walk and general faffing about. I've come to the conclusion, I work better with structure to the day. Having no time restrictions means I get less done because there's no hurry to do it if you see what I mean! Keep safe everyone (((hugs))) for those having wobbles, we all have them.flowersfor those with extra worries.

NfkDumpling Mon 06-Apr-20 08:10:30

Morning All

It was a lovely sunny morning when I got up but it’s now clouded over so maybe we’ll get some rain. The garden is awfully dry.

Nothing planned for today other than the excitement of making up a shopping order for DS as he’s going to Asda this afternoon. He’ll drop it off outside and take away an Easter Egg for DGS. Just a token as I hadn’t got around to buying anything else. We usually have a big Easter Egg hunt in the garden with all the DGC and families. It’s our big annual get-together. Ho-Hum.

Nannytopsy Mon 06-Apr-20 08:14:27

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s grey and cooler today in Suffolk, so sewing and ironing for me.
We had another good day in the garden yesterday and have almost finished planting the flower bed. Then we tidied away all the “stuff” on the patio and swept it but decided getting the pressure washer out would be too much excitement! My cold frame arrives today, so the seedlings can go out of the house.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Brunette10 Mon 06-Apr-20 08:17:03

Good Morning from Fife. It's sunny but I don't think it will last. I didn't have a good sleep last night for some reason and was wakened for a few hours with thoughts going all over the place. Have to go out today for a few things to keep us going, other than that not a lot planned for today but I know I won't be sitting on my laurels, not my style. Hoping everyone has a good Monday. Stay safe.

Pittcity Mon 06-Apr-20 08:17:31

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. It looks as if the heavens are about to open. Great contrast to yesterday when we sat out in the garden and needed sunglasses and SPF.
Groundhog Day with food, TV and a short walk.

conor Mon 06-Apr-20 08:28:24

Good morning from an overcast sky in Essex. What a treat yesterday's sunshine was. Spent almost the whole day in the garden and it looks so much better for it. My new solar lights look like real dancing flames so hope the neighbours don't call the fire brigade!
Had a car chat visit with DS and DGSs in the evening which was lovely. DGS1 wants me to read and record the David Walliams book I had been reading for him on his sleepovers which I thought was lovely and DGS2 age 3 was telling me all about his 3 girlfriends!! I gave (left on the path) a little baby gym which I had bought for my DGD to use here, but I thought she may well be too big for it when she visits again. They then sent me some lovely photos of her lying in it with her first smiles.
Think I might do some more cleaning/sorting as think it might be an indoors sort of day. Wishing everyone peace in these unsettling times xxxx

EllanVannin Mon 06-Apr-20 08:29:37

Good Morning All x.
Bright sunshine and certainly not as windy as yesterday, though, to me, it's still not sitting-out weather, unless I was muffled up in hat coat scarf and gloves grin It's never hot enough for me in this country ! Never mind, eh ?

I'm starting to finish the remains of a once stored up freezer and with a bare-looking 'fridge as well it all looked a bit poverty-stricken, so I pulled myself together and phoned D, the last thing I wanted to do but there was no other alternative as being Easter week there'd have been no chance of a delivery slot.

Anyway, I'll get a list done and hope for the best that what I want is available, if not--tuff ! I won't lose sleep at this stage.
Tidying out my 'fridge veg basket yesterday, there was a bunch of celery, still sealed from----the 29th of December !

Mince today---you can always tell when you're getting to the end of your food when you start on the mince hahahaha. It'll fill a hole.
I'm going to make a sultana cake too as I've got plenty of baking accoutrements, still in date from Christmas.

D having a meeting at her work this week so we think that things are slowing down and her hours will probably lessen. Unfortunately she won't be furloughed because she's the only female in security and they need a female so in a way it's a bit of a bummer as she'd have loved the chance to have got stuck into things in the house.

Hope everyone's remaining to keep well with not too many wobbles. I think once we get accustomed to this way of life the wobbles will be less, hopefully.
Whatever you all do, take great care and if you have sunshine enjoy it as best you can.xx

vena11 Mon 06-Apr-20 08:34:50

Good morning from a sunny Bristol, a bit of rain overnight.

Just the usual housework and some washing today, such an exciting day ahead I just cant wait grin

I hope everyone has a peaceful day, take care x

DoraMarr Mon 06-Apr-20 08:44:14

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is sunny and already warm, although I see it has been raining overnight. To my annoyance I have overslept this morning, because I have a Zoom Italian lesson at 10, and I still have a bit of reading to do. Serves me right for leaving it to the last minute. I had some good news yesterday: a friend who was heavily sedated and on a respirator is now awake and breathing with the help of some oxygen, but not on a respirator any more. I cannot send a card because she is in I CU, but I can text. I have a delivery from a nursery to collect today from the concierge, so I will spend the afternoon potting and rearranging my balcony. I bought some dwarf philadelphus and a blueberry shrub.
Have the best day possible, everyone!

Curlywhirly Mon 06-Apr-20 08:44:29

Good morning from a very sunny Cheshire. On our dog walk yesterday the weather was beautiful, sunny and quite hot. Couldn't wait to get home and change from my warm clothes into shorts and t shirt and sit in the garden. Got changed and as soon as I sat out, the sun disappeared and it became chilly! So instead of sitting out, decided to spring clean one of the spare bedrooms; moved the bed, chest of drawers etc and hoovered up the cobwebs, spare tissues and found £1.00 and a dog biscuit?! Will tackle the other spare room next week, no point in rushing things! Take care everyone, hope the sunshine lasts and we can all get outside and enjoy it.

mumofmadboys Mon 06-Apr-20 08:45:24

Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary Newquay! Perhaps you can have a big celebration on your 51 st!

Gingster Mon 06-Apr-20 08:46:55

Well it was lovely and sunshiny yesterday but still a chilly wind off the sea. I was hoping we’d have lunch in the garden, but it was far too cold so retreated to the summer house where it was sauna-like in the sun. We saw a dead seal washed up on the beach yesterday and another swimming not far out. It seemed as though it was looking for its mate ?. Poor thing! Played scrabble on line with DS1 and eldest grandaughter. Think we all got a bit fed up , it was tedious waiting for your turn. GD said she had to get dinner ready and GS was obviously doing other things so we packed up. ??. Oh well it passed an hour. Anyone watching The Nest? I’m enjoying it as it’s unusual plot. Can’t think how it will end . ?. Kind thoughts to all .

Greyduster Mon 06-Apr-20 08:48:45

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Overnight rain in South Yorkshire will have freshened up the garden, and the sun is out now. Domestics and some baking today; DD managed to get me some dried fruit so I feel a cake coming on! Then I shall give some thought to the loo roll art challenge I have said I will do with GS. At the moment my ideas are too big for the cardboard middle of a loo roll! Have the best day you can, folks.

Anniebach Mon 06-Apr-20 08:55:58

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Susan56 Mon 06-Apr-20 09:01:07

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.We have had heavy rain overnight but it’s brightening up now.
I will sort out our food deliveries today with the local deli and also our online shop with Asda for next Monday.
Either myself or DH will need to go to the pharmacy today to pick up my medication.We haven’t been out for three weeks and I am feeling really anxious about it.
Other than that laundry and gardening.
We had new windows earlier in the year and also prepared rooms for decorating so all wardrobes already sorted and the house spring cleaned after all the window mess so not a great deal to do here.
DD2 has this week off work and next week will work shorter shifts so she is feeling much happier.
Have the best day you can everyone and stay safe.x

Urmstongran Mon 06-Apr-20 09:07:06

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we are on Day 23 now of the 49 day lockdown. It’s chilly with total white cloud cover.

We used Zoom last night for the first time. Wonderful! Youngest daughter in Manchester set it up and eldest daughter and partner in Leeds joined in. Our 3y old granddaughter was so excited. She wiggled her foot at the screen so we would notice her ‘Frozen’ play heels and she was wearing dress up bead necklace over her pyjamas. Too cute!
It was a bit chaotic at first as we talked over each other but we settled into it. We said we’d do it every Sunday evening now.
It was lovely to see my girls.
❤️

You seem a bit down this morning Mick. I think lockdown must be super hard for anyone on their own and you, like us, don’t have a garden to sit in. It’s tough. Chin up though - it won’t last forever.

Hope Monday is kind to us all and that Boris gets better soon. Keep safe everyone. x

Largolass Mon 06-Apr-20 09:10:19

Good Morning from Fife where the sun is shining at the moment so hopefully another nice day lies ahead. After dealing with the laundry and other mundane chores we'll take out daily walk across the deserted golf course. Marydoll although I now live in the kingdom I'm a proud weegie. Stay safe folks

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 06-Apr-20 09:19:13

Good morning from east London, mild and grey outside after the rain through the night. I feel nicely relaxed after yesterday; walked up to the Wetlands, the photo is across the reservoir to the site DD’s partner was/will be working on. Sent it to him in case he was missing work (he is). Had lunch in the garden then worked on my jigsaw that is driving me mad and finished my day watching the National Theatre streaming of ‘one man, two governors’ followed by the last 2 episodes of my Scandi noir. Via Facebook, I’ve connected with a cousin I may not have seen since childhood; we both left the colliery village we lived in in 1969, when his family moved south as the pit had closed and my family moved more locally to a staff house when my dad changed careers. This evening, my choir leader is running a session involving several of her choirs; it’s about a year since we did our Mull visit so hoping to see some of them there. Have a good day.

whywhywhy Mon 06-Apr-20 09:20:29

Good morning from a grey Market Harborough.

Stay safe. Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering illness or depressed or just fedup. X

gillybob Mon 06-Apr-20 09:21:02

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a lovely sunny start although it’s quite breezy.

Well good news I have found a gas plumber to fix my leak/hob he is coming first thing tomorrow morning. Bad news I have no cash to pay him other than the £2 coins I am saving for the children (they might have to get and IOU) . The last time I took coins to the bank they refused them and said they would only accept £20 in coinage .

So I will have to venture out with a bag of coins in the hope that either the bank or post office will change them for me . I can hardly pay the plumber in £2 coins can I ?

Had a very wobbly night last night after talking to my DS and then FaceTiming my DD it felt like I might never see them again. We lost a relative to CV yesterday (not close) but it really brought things home.

I had 2 (or was it even 3) glasses of red wine with a pizza out of the freezer and although I really enjoyed it I think the wine made me feel weepy . I was up and down all night with all sorts of stuff going round and round in my head.

Thinking of those who are poorly or worried about this awful virus and wishing it was all over.

Love to all, Gillybob x

moggie Mon 06-Apr-20 09:24:40

Good morning Mick & all from cloudy but brightening up now Nottingham. Had some rain overnight.
Congratulations on your Golden wedding anniversary Newquay
DH started staining fence panels y’day will carry on today.
I will make chicken curry for later.
A short walk or bike ride this afternoon.
Take care & stay safe.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Mon 06-Apr-20 09:29:47

Good morning from the NE where it is bright after overnight rain.
Sat in the garden yesterday with a magazine and actually saw a plane, DH checked his app and it was Cologne to Ontario so we then started wondering whether it was a scheduled flight or a rescue mission, way too much time on our hands.
Watched War of the worlds last night, really enjoyed it.
We probably need shopping but will see how the day goes and make a decision this evening.
Stay safe everyone.

Nortsat Mon 06-Apr-20 09:30:23

Good morning Mick and the GM team, it’s grey in east London today.

We had a lighter moment this morning: Ollie is an ex stray cat, who adopted us before Christmas and he is still settling in to his new home. Earlier today, we could hear a considerable racket going on, with him hissing and banging.

We discovered him engaged in serious battle with a shoe lace, that was sticking out from under a door. He was spitting loudly and hitting it hard with his paws (claws out). This went on for some considerable time, until the shoe lace was roundly defeated and safely pushed back under the door.
Then honour and dignity restored, he marched proudly into the living room and went to sleep on his favourite chair. ?

Sending good thoughts to those facing challenges or having wobbles.
‘Let’s be careful out there ...’ ?

Urmstongran Mon 06-Apr-20 09:34:46

Great minds think alike Doorstop as I’m putting pork, onion and tinned tomatoes (plus some ancient Bisto granules - thanks EV - we used some and survived!) into our slow cooker today. Himself is peeling potatoes as I tap this out. He must be bored. Or super organised ha!

Mapleleaf Mon 06-Apr-20 09:36:12

Good morning all,

A fairly bright morning with a bit of breeze again. Looks as if we've had rain through the night.

We got into the garden again yesterday and I managed to plant up some of my seeds and scrub the plastic mini greenhouse. Did the other one yesterday. It was spoiled somewhat by the quite strong and chilly breeze, which curtailed our plans a bit. After we'd gardened, our plan had been to sit out for our lunch, but it was too chilly and windy.
Didn't stop some of our neighbours though, who don't seem to get the "household only" message and had visits to their houses from other family members. One of them sounded as if they were having quite a get together in their garden. When will they get it?? I know we all want to be able to see our family and friends, but this is a time when we all have to pull together and make the necessary sacrifices.

Today I've got a gammon joint to go in the slow pot and some dried fruit soaking in tea to make a tea loaf, so that's this morning catered for. A walk around the block this afternoon.

Sounds like you had a nice golden wedding, Newquay. It's amazing what can be done virtually, isn't it. Once this is all over, you'll be able to a proper get together. ?

Take care everyone and keep safe.