Gransnet forums

Chat

Boris..intensive care..

(871 Posts)
farview Mon 06-Apr-20 20:18:00

News tweeted by Robert Peston..poor man..hope he gets well..

GrannyLaine Mon 06-Apr-20 20:42:57

Oh for heavens sake Laibak Time and place. Do you not realise how quickly things move with this virus.

Bathsheba Mon 06-Apr-20 20:44:16

I’m so upset, can’t think of anything else at the moment. I pray he will get through this - and not only because we need him, but because it’s all just so bloody awful.

nanaK54 Mon 06-Apr-20 20:44:48

Such bad news, poor man

POGS Mon 06-Apr-20 20:46:33

This is an extremely worrying time for him and his family also the country.

I was shocked by some comments on the other thread concerning Boris Johnson being hospitalised and I hope there will be a little more empathy shown in general now the news has taken a turn possibly for the worse.

I hope to God he will be right.

gillybob Mon 06-Apr-20 20:47:08

I know only too well how quickly these things deteriorate EllenVannin . One minute my DH was on oxygen and the next he was in an induced coma on a ventilator .
Just too awful .

farview Mon 06-Apr-20 20:47:59

He isn't on a ventilator at the moment..so let's just try to think positively....really really upsetting though...

MawB Mon 06-Apr-20 20:48:16

I feel afraid....

GracesGranMK3 Mon 06-Apr-20 20:49:56

I do think they need to pull in anyone whoever could help with this now - National Unity + bringing politicians out of retirement if necessary. If anyone is ill they need to be able to take time to get better not try to carry on. Everyone wants the same outcome.

EllanVannin Mon 06-Apr-20 20:50:55

Sadly they do Gillybob. Things happen so quickly it doesn't give you time to think. I've seen it happen many a time.

MissAdventure Mon 06-Apr-20 20:52:22

It's like a bad script for a disaster movie.

Still, people have recovered from the second stage of the virus, so we may as well try to focus on that.

Greymar Mon 06-Apr-20 20:53:09

great post GG3

SirChenjin Mon 06-Apr-20 20:54:08

Terrible news - I hope he (and of course, everyone else in this awful situation) pulls through. Scary times indeed. He’s in the best possible place in the hands of fantastic NHS staff.

Sussexborn Mon 06-Apr-20 20:54:28

Felt quite shocked and saddened to hear this.

Possibly hoping to allay fears Labaik rather than lying. Perhaps the totally honest Putin should concern himself with his own citizens many of whom live in tiny flats. Moscow seems to have been badly hit.

gillybob Mon 06-Apr-20 20:55:23

I agree “national unity” GracesGran political point scoring should be frowned upon .

EllanVannin Mon 06-Apr-20 20:56:17

I've worked in a pandemic and it's literally your worst nightmare when you see someone fighting for breath. You definitely wouldn't wish this on anyone.
I'm thinking of the staff right now as well and feel for them.

brook2704 Mon 06-Apr-20 20:58:16

Poor Boris - I really hope he gets through this and recovers soon

rafichagran Mon 06-Apr-20 20:59:33

I hope he gets well soon as well.

CherryCezzy Mon 06-Apr-20 21:02:03

I was reading earlier today that apparently he was sleeping quite a bit in the daytime before he went into hospital. Maybe he was following advice to do this or maybe that was an indication that he contacted more than mild symptoms.
He's not exactly my favourite politician either but as it has already been said, he has a family, people who love him etc and is human just like the rest of us. It would take a cruel nature to wish him ill.

Kandinsky Mon 06-Apr-20 21:03:21

So upset I could cry.

Please pull through Boris.

Susan56 Mon 06-Apr-20 21:03:30

This is awful.I too hope he recovers and agree with others it is not the time for political point scoring.Thinking of his partner and family too,how horrendous for them.

EllanVannin Mon 06-Apr-20 21:08:47

The sad part about it is that nobody's allowed to visit either sad

MawB Mon 06-Apr-20 21:11:34

This has to be one of the gravest crises this country has ever faced and desperate and desperate times call for desperate measures.
A National Unity government bringing together respected politicians, including what you might call “statesmen” , of recent years might help to kickstart a renewed “push” . I fear we are in danger of drifting towards disaster on both the health and economic fronts.
That’s pretty pessimistic of me but I fail to see any light at the end of the tunnel. We do not know whether there is even an end to the tunnel.

Greymar Mon 06-Apr-20 21:13:43

Yes well said. Please God. Enough squabbling, some good people now must come to the fore.

EllanVannin Mon 06-Apr-20 21:14:22

I feel the same MawB.

BlueSapphire Mon 06-Apr-20 21:19:19

Yes, I feel the same MawB. I am shocked, upset and scared. Can't see an end to this. Poor Boris.