Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone else having vivid nightmares?

(84 Posts)
Evie64 Wed 08-Apr-20 17:34:08

I've started having the most horrendously vivid nightmares shock. I know it's down to the situation we're all living through currently, not sleeping well, napping in the daytime etc., but anyone else?

SueDonim Fri 10-Apr-20 13:11:36

The other night I dreamt that I was a tourist in Buenos Aires which was now in Venezuela. The pavements were very dirty and I was using a sweeping brush to clean them in the fashion they use in the game of curling, trying not to hit the heels of the people in front of me. I’ve never been to S America or played curling, although I have wielded a sweeping brush. confusedgrin

rosecarmel Fri 10-Apr-20 22:05:25

smile

Callistemon Fri 10-Apr-20 22:21:21

SueDonim a street sweeper in Buenos Aires - what an exciting new career opportunity
After lockdown, of course.

grin

Baloothefitz Fri 10-Apr-20 23:37:49

Very wise Chestnut

annep1 Fri 10-Apr-20 23:47:27

Yes. Since the crisis began I have had dreams where I've woken up shouting for help. All caused by anxiety I'm sure.

JonesKpj000 Fri 10-Apr-20 23:49:06

I know these dreams are vivid and may be unpleasant whilst it's happening, but I must say, i've nearly been crying with laughter at some of them. Thank you ladies for sharing them. I'm glad i'm not the only one! Sweet dreams everyone.

Rachel711 Sat 11-Apr-20 21:09:54

Thankyou GreenGran , you too x

lemongrove Sat 11-Apr-20 23:28:29

The toilet dream I had recently was a new one ( usually I can’t find a loo, or the old faithful ,I find one, but the door is missing or it’s too disgusting to use) well in this case I come across the most splendid one, but you have to pay, it’s a turnstile.I even had the right money 50pence ( or fifty pee?)
Got in and found that the pristine and very large premises were actually all showers / baths/ washbasins and were all in use anyway, so no chance of a sneaky wee in one.Feel really conned and run out again.