Gransnet forums

Chat

just for fun - describe your job in in a silly way

(64 Posts)
CanadianGran Thu 09-Apr-20 21:56:41

If your grandchildren would describe what you do/did for a living, how would they describe it?

I work with 3 computer screens with boxes and numbers showing, and my hands are like an octupus with phone, radio, keyboard and mouse. If all the boxes and numbers are behaving, sometimes I get a chance to chat on GN!

Lucy127 Fri 10-Apr-20 17:28:42

Dwelling Unit Technician.

HillyN Fri 10-Apr-20 17:50:05

My granddaughter, when she was describing what people in the family did, finished with "and Nanna works at the church". I am involved with several children's activities there so every time she attended one I was there 'working'. I think she thought I was there all the time!

deedeeP Fri 10-Apr-20 17:53:20

Nan sits in her office and people come to shout at her and complain then she goes and fixes the problems. When they come back they say thank you!

Zaiba78 Fri 10-Apr-20 18:18:05

Nana builds houses for poor people .....
Translates as development manager for a local authority developing council housing

Ja18 Fri 10-Apr-20 18:25:16

I supply lady golfers with beards! Really!
I work in a fancy dress shop

Whitewavemark2 Fri 10-Apr-20 18:38:44

Grandma makes sure that great big businesses numbers add up and that they aren’t hiding their money from the government. If they are hiding their money, grandma makes them pay loads to the government. She visits them all over the country and sometimes takes the train under the sea.

morethan2 Fri 10-Apr-20 18:39:42

Before I retired my grandchildren thought one of my two jobs was spent playing games with babies and toddlers making funny noises and tickling their ears. They were right it was paediatric audiology.

GreenGran78 Fri 10-Apr-20 19:08:43

My GD used to think that I lived in the phone at the airport. When she wanted me to visit they went to the airport and brought me home.

CherryCezzy Fri 10-Apr-20 19:19:17

She read books, talked about books, got people to talk about books and write about books in their own books. Then she read their books about the books and put scores on their books and gave their books back to them. She wrote down their scores in her own book.

debsf1 Fri 10-Apr-20 21:21:01

I say goodbye to dead people..

BlueSapphire Fri 10-Apr-20 22:50:19

Grammaretto that was her explanation when she was asked at school what her DF did. "He works for the Queen" was all she could think of to say, she was only 6 years old, bless her. And she really did think he was a spy. Yes he did work for a highly confidential government department and my lips are sealed. But he was no James Bond!

Flygirl Fri 10-Apr-20 23:02:46

Nanna walks to foreign countries and back before lunch in a big metal tube. (Flight attendant)

GrannyAnnie2010 Sat 11-Apr-20 07:59:01

Granny helps adults from other countries communicate like us, because some of them want to work here and have wonderful skills but not the language qualifications. Many of them, though, do it just for fun.