Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Easter Sunday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Sun 12-Apr-20 06:10:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Up early as usual, to what looks like another warm day here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet day to day I might treat myself to a bar of chocolate which I have brought .
Otherwise a lockdown, I did buy myself some 5KG dumbells a year or so back so may exercise using them .
Trying to avoid becoming a couch potato .
Mick

Nannytopsy Sun 12-Apr-20 09:18:29

Good morning Mick and all his followers! Happy Easter to you all from sunny Suffolk.
Happy Anniversaries to the Grammarettos and Ninathenanas!
We too will have roast pork later and the spare Christmas pudding which was left over. We always had Christmas pud at Easter at home. Mind you, it’s a big one so we may be eating it for a while!
I hope everyone enjoys this strange Easter.

Kalu Sun 12-Apr-20 09:30:40

Good morning all from an overcast Glasgow. When mutterings of self isolation started, I bought GD’s Easter eggs and dropped them off at DD1 as I realised our usual plans for this weekend were not going to happen. Looking forward to a FaceTime catch up later.

I’m so impressed you are still able to run Gabriella. I caught sight of myself in a shop window doing a pitiful attempt at running and didn’t recognise myself?

Happy Anniversary Grammaretto?? and Ninathenana??

Entertainment today is a choice of ‘bored’ games, backgammon/chess, knitting and reading and possibly a Sunday afternoon film.

Have the best day you can everyone?

gillybob Sun 12-Apr-20 09:33:17

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another grey cloudy start to the day. Forecast not good.

I managed a few hours in the garden yesterday and cleared the shed but now I have 3 bags of rubbish with nowhere to put it other than back in the shed. They have closed the local tip. I have no idea why really, as it was non contact anyway.

My DD has put a little tent in the garden for Evie too Harrigran and she is loving it . My DD said she even had a little nap in there yesterday afternoon and she rarely sleeps during the day anymore.

Many congratulations on your wedding anniversaries to Mr and Mrs Grammaretto and to Mr and Mrs Ninathenana flowers flowers

I really love your “glass overflowing” way of looking at things Gabriella . I wish I could be more like that instead of being such a misery guts.

Thinking about all my lovely Gransnet friends.

Love Gillybob x

NannyJan53 Sun 12-Apr-20 09:48:03

Good Morning from a bright, but increasingly cloudy Black Country.

It was so hot yesterday I had to wear shorts and a vest top!

We are doing a video call today with all the family, there will be 6 screens, as my Niece in Australia will be joining in. So it has to be about 10.30am as it will be evening there.

I was due to have a filling on 6th April, which naturally has been cancelled. They have pencilled me in for 24th May, but who knows if that will happen? Last night part of that tooth came away! I have been so careful when eating. It is not aching but who knows what it will be like in a few weeks. When they cancelled my appointment, they said I would have to be in severe pain before they would see me? Who would be the judge of that?

More pottering in the garden today, after our video call. Then chicken for dinner tonight.

Happy Anniversary to Grammaretto and Nina flowers

Wishing you all the best Easter Day possible

EllanVannin Sun 12-Apr-20 09:48:18

Good Morning All x
Beautiful first thing but has now clouded over. The gulls were doing their squawking sessions so a change in the weather is expected, they don't half make a racket lately, like someone being strangled. The little finches can't get a word in.

Feeling a bit sad today after D had told me that one of the children had shouted out " dad " in her sleep----he died last month. Bless her, she must have been dreaming, you don't know what goes on in their minds. It's upset me that I can't go and give her a hug as I'd normally have been with them all today.
Listening to the Rev. Richard Coles earlier eased things a bit.

Lamb for me today and I forgot to get mint jelly but noticed one or two strong sprigs that I have growing that'll stand chopping even if it's just a taste.

Best wishes to those who have anniversaries today flowers x.

A strong message in my local paper this morning from a man whose wife has just lost her life and as he put it " she was as strong as old boots ". This is in Liverpool today where they've had a bad time of it recently. Stay in !

Must try and get to grips with this delivery for the foreseeable future. Because I'm not on any list/ text of " vulnerable or shielded " I feel that I'd be jumping the queue so to speak as I've never resorted to deliveries before and I'm not keen on risking my own life by going into a supermarket as I've always done. I'll see what sort of a muck I can make grin.

Thinking of Marydoll's parsley out of the freezer---won't it disintegrate ? I couldn't help but smile knowing what she's like for improvising, with success might I add. smile

Take great care everyone and stay safe and well xx

Grammaretto Sun 12-Apr-20 09:48:58

Thanks for all your good wishes. I'm wrapped in a warm glow whilst waiting for my "easter" egg to boil.

I think the bin men are being redeployed Gilly but what as? Pictures of overflowing bottle banks and flytipping invade the town fb site.
I want to have bonfire but guess that would be antisocial on several levels. wink

gillybob Sun 12-Apr-20 09:55:39

So sad for your poor DGC EllenVannin I can imagine they forget he has gone while they are asleep . It must be awful for them when they wake up and remember sad

I just can’t understand why they have closed our very modern recycling facility Grammaretto it’s not as though it was manned during opening times anyway . Yes there will be fly tipping but what else are people supposed to do ? My DS lives down the coast to me and he and his neighbours haven’t had a bin collection since the beginning of March. What do they expect anyone do to with the rubbish? My DS says they are worried about attracting rats .

conor Sun 12-Apr-20 10:00:48

Good morning and Happy Easter from Essex. Late this morning as lots of good wishes from family and friends. Just admiring my garden as nobody else will for a while anyway!
Think I might just relax and enjoy it today, as can always find something that needs doing out there!
DGC and their parents will come for a 'end of path' chat today. I feel lucky that I can actually see them and the cuddles will be all stored up for when we get out!!!
Hope everyone can enjoy the day in whatever way they can xxxxx

Kalu Sun 12-Apr-20 10:08:58

A letter from our council gilly telling us the cowp (tip) is closed and in the meantime, glass, plastic has to be washed out and put in our grey bin with other household waste and is being collected weekly as usual. Garden waste to be composted and we have a pile of cardboard in the garage which we will eventually dispose of whenever the cowp opens again.

Purplepixie Sun 12-Apr-20 10:09:35

Good morning from a sunny and bright East Midlands.

Happy anniversary to others who celebrate today - it is ours as well. Chocolate egg and bounty from DH and I bought him a chocolate egg and some minty aero. A few hours doing the garden as the weather is going to be nice here. DH is making a roast dinner tonight and some rhubarb gin and tonic to follow. Maybe catch up with emails later and phone my children.

Sending love and hugs to all and please stay safe and we will come out of this.

Kalu Sun 12-Apr-20 10:12:08

Happy Anniversary Purplepixie ??

Purplepixie Sun 12-Apr-20 10:12:31

So sorry for your poor DGC EllanVannin, so sad. X

Kate54 Sun 12-Apr-20 10:12:39

Good morning from South Lincs., also sunny, also roast pork.
Ellenvannin - don’t be scared to visit supermarkets if you’re well.They’re pretty well organised now and, if you leave it until late in the day, nice and quiet. A small wait in the sunshine at M&S yesterday and then I felt as if I had the place to myself. Shopping was actually a pleasure! Space and time for a change. And I could include my non-essential daily paper with my shopping! (The GN thread on ‘one man’s essential is another man’s non-essential’ is worth a look. Just goes to show how we can all justify our ‘borderline’ behaviour if we try hard enough. I confess I have been guilty of using my daily exercise to walk to the small newsagent’s in our small market town and buying just a paper. If the place is open and observing the two metre, one at a time rule, I can’t see the problem. But I can also see it’s a non-essential visit. However, if I bought a bar of chocolate, a can of fizzy drink and a bag of crisps i.e. food, that somehow makes it OK???) Never normally read a Sunday paper but really fancy one today.........!

Purplepixie Sun 12-Apr-20 10:13:20

Thank you Kalu, its been 13 great years! X

EllanVannin Sun 12-Apr-20 10:14:45

Gillybob, to be perfectly honest that devastated me more than this virus. The child, my GGD is 11 and already has problems as it is but my D who's looking after her is thankfully very good. My GD, the child's mother had a breakdown before her partner died so the children are " farmed out " all over the place until their mother is fit and strong enough to look after them.

My D, besides working, has got 4 of the children with her. It was obviously only going to be a short term arrangement but with the lockdown it's going to be longer.
Our hearts are breaking that the children are all missing their mum and there's nothing we can do about it. It's out of our hands. 3 younger children are together with foster parents.

Like everyone, I live my life day to day and try not do too much thinking, though I know they're all safe which is the main thing. Everything happened all at once---as it does.

EllanVannin Sun 12-Apr-20 10:17:47

-----always a listening ear here without judgement.Thankyou All xx

Urmstongran Sun 12-Apr-20 10:19:38

No-one who knows of your trials would call you a misery guts gillybob. Not Gabriella either. You two live very different lives is all. Both lovely people just different life experiences.

I’m sure ALL of us here hope that the slings & arrows you’ve had to endure end soon. You are an amazingly resilient woman. We admire your fortitude, feel for you during your infrequent meltdowns and fervently hope for better times for you and your husband soon. x

Urmstongran Sun 12-Apr-20 10:23:13

EV ?
Sensible and pragmatic as ever. x

gillybob Sun 12-Apr-20 10:23:55

Oh EllenVannin I’m so very sorry. I really don’t know what else to say and I can’t begin to imagine how you are feeling. I do hope your DGD gets well soon and the family can be reunited . Those poor children . sad

hulahoop Sun 12-Apr-20 10:27:03

Nanny Jan you can buy a temporary filling kit at most chemists if you get desperate . To all who have anniversaries ? Hope everyone as a good day even though most of would be spending it with family xx

Kalu Sun 12-Apr-20 10:27:33

EV. I am sending a heartfelt wish for your GDs full recovery and that the day will come when she and her darling children are all back together again ?

gillybob Sun 12-Apr-20 10:28:36

Oh I know that Urms I love reading Gabriella’s posts they are always so full of life. smile

EllanVannin Sun 12-Apr-20 10:30:44

A good idea of yours Kate54. I could take my chances for a later visit at the supermarket.
A jacket that I wear can be washed after I've been should there be anything lurking.
I do have underlying problems but not so that you'd notice and I've always been an independent person, not used to being waited on if you understand. A bit like our Mick really and he gets about if he has to.

Grandmafrench Sun 12-Apr-20 11:21:21

A very Happy Easter Day to everyone. Such sadness when we look at each other's lives, but of course everyone just "gets on with it!" No choice we just deal with each day as it comes and support each other when we can.

There is such an abundance of "chocolate" on here today that I can hardly bear it!!!!!!! [green]. Why don't I have something chocolatey for Easter.......absolutely no idea, no organisation and all my fault I think. We even have a Chocolatier in the town who is open for phoned orders and organised pick ups, so there you go!

Someone obviously felt sorry for me because half an egg - a pukka bird's egg has landed on a table in the garden. Not sure whether to be interested or insulted, TBH. Looked it up, it could be a Marsh Harrier's egg, or even a Cormorant. Of course it's not - it'll be a Starling (one of the many whistling in the fig tree behind my ear as I type this) or a darling Redstart with the best singing voice.). Still, an appropriate little offering today and the only pretty egg that we will receive here.

Sun is out, chairs and cushions are out, legs are out. There is lemon roast chicken and all the bits for supper. DH is doing his delicious tapas to have with a drink at lunchtime and we are going to forget what's happening just for today.

Push out the boat and have a good day, everyone. TOYA, ((())) and lots of banned kisses and waving to you all.

whywhywhy Sun 12-Apr-20 11:31:16

Happy Easter and good morning from a sunny and warm market Harborough. Another eternal day in this lock down and when will it end and what will we be like when we all come out of it. Safe and sane - I hope. Love and hugs to all who are suffering. X