Gransnet forums

Chat

In my garden this morning

(91 Posts)
Artdecogran Sun 12-Apr-20 10:33:21

A rose has bloomed! Anyone else got something unusual in their garden?

Grany Wed 15-Apr-20 15:39:52

A little cherry tree in bloom and nearby a little lilac tree about to bloom pink flowers.

It is a small garden I have sown grass seed one side of the path and wild flowers the other. Can't wait for the flowers to bloom.

ginny Wed 15-Apr-20 15:30:32

In my garden this morning They Great Shed Clear Out’

Whitewavemark2 Wed 15-Apr-20 15:30:12

Always the first rose of the year. Etoile de Hollande. Delightful fragrance and flowers all season

3nanny6 Wed 15-Apr-20 15:24:36

I love all the pictures of your lovely gardens. I so wish I was more technology minded but I cannot even use the smartphone my daughter gave me. I am now doing a course on the internet to learn how to use it so perhaps soon I too will be able to upload pictures. Looking at all the wonderful gardens has motivated me to get out into my own garden and I would love to get my garden looking as good as all yours.

watermeadow Wed 15-Apr-20 15:14:07

Mine is a cottage garden, densely planted and self-sown. Everything’s early this year. I have out:
Daffodils, tulips, primroses, forget-me-nots, Spanish bluebells, grape hyacinths, big hyacinths, primulas, wall flowers, camellia, marigolds, violas, dandelions, irises.
Biggest thrill, my new little apple tree is opening its first leaves.

NannyC2 Tue 14-Apr-20 21:21:47

and....other one - practice makes perfect, so they say! Maybe my lap top is just slow to upload.

NannyC2 Tue 14-Apr-20 21:16:54

For some reason my earlier posting didn't seem to work?
Attached 2 pics - one of my flowering 'The Bride' bush followed by another pic of end of garden....let's try again!

Ninarosa Tue 14-Apr-20 20:59:51

A great expanse of my husband's Builder's Bum. Sadly, not as uncommon a sight as I'd hope for these days.

wintersday Tue 14-Apr-20 20:35:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BlueSapphire Tue 14-Apr-20 20:31:44

Cherry and Japanese quince.

BlueSapphire Tue 14-Apr-20 20:23:48

Well, the photos would help! Apple and pear.

BlueSapphire Tue 14-Apr-20 20:19:39

Apple, pear and cherry blossom.

Daisymae Tue 14-Apr-20 20:19:03

I have this tulip, started off looking a bit less than unimpressive but has ended up looking rather smart and elegant!

Mollyplop Tue 14-Apr-20 20:03:01

Lovely tulips have cheered me up.

GrannaKaye Tue 14-Apr-20 15:23:05

I am with you Llamedos13...I am in Alberta and we have so much snow left and not a bit of new green will be in evidence for at least another month. But at least my cannas are starting to poke through in their inside pots and my bossa nova begonia is well on its way...oh to be in England now that April is here....

Llamedos13 Tue 14-Apr-20 14:53:38

I’m jealous of all your gorgeous gardens, here in my corner of Ontario we just have six inches of daffodils popping up.But soon........?

Caro57 Tue 14-Apr-20 14:21:32

Had a cock Pheasant trying to get peanuts out of the hanging feeder - does that count?

homefarm Tue 14-Apr-20 14:03:14

A very handsome Mallard duck.

wintersday Tue 14-Apr-20 13:55:40

I have some lovely colour in my garden with lots of Primulas.

gillyknits Tue 14-Apr-20 13:41:55

Not particularly unusual but a bit earlier than usual!

Tillybelle Tue 14-Apr-20 13:25:13

I managed to buy some garden bird food from my Greengrocer who delivered to me this morning. Until now I could only give the birds muesli. Now I shall look forward to seeing more birds. Usually bluetits, and I hope the black birds will come because I love their song!

Tillybelle Tue 14-Apr-20 13:21:26

mimismo They are so beautiful! My Gran had them in her garden. My Grandad planted them for her as her name was Lily. I have never been able to grow them though.

Tillybelle Tue 14-Apr-20 13:19:44

lemongrove. Love your garden!

olliebeak Tue 14-Apr-20 13:03:32

My Daffodils and Forsythia have just finished sad - but my Bluebells have started to come into flower smile. There's even one or two Violets and Primroses nestling in the root system of my Beech Hedge. Next-door's Lilac Tree - which I claim as 'mine' because of it's position at the meeting point of our two gardens - is ready to burst into flower by tomorrow morning grin.

Downstairs neighbour has got a 'Forest Flame' doing its thing - not flowering, but changing into its glorious colours. And their small Rhododendron (or possibly Azalea) is ready to 'pop its buds' ............................ I feel quite privileged to be able to 'borrow' neighbours plants/shrubs/flowers to look at grin.

Saggi Tue 14-Apr-20 12:45:16

Oh and my honeysuckle has grown out of all proportion to last year, No flowers yet but I’m hopeful this year