Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you missing?

(133 Posts)
vampirequeen Thu 16-Apr-20 08:26:56

This is a fun post. Please don't criticise posters for not taking lockdown seriously.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm missing garden centres.

Calendargirl Fri 17-Apr-20 07:32:33

Aquacise, used to try and go three times a week.

GN’ers must be saving a lot of money, as so many seem to be missing lunches, teas and coffee when out.

☕️??

Kartush Fri 17-Apr-20 08:22:40

Craft shops

harrigran Fri 17-Apr-20 08:33:07

I miss dining out at a superb restaurant twenty minutes from us. We are having adequate meals but something a little special lifts the spirits.

Anniebach Fri 17-Apr-20 09:00:57

Missing my weekly chat with Tesco delivery driver.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 17-Apr-20 09:04:14

I’ve missed two theatre visits☹️

Missed walking in the bluebell woods.

Walking to enjoy spring as it unfolds

Meals out.

Planned excursions to things like the NT and Food fairs etc

Most of our pleasure is taken out of doors. We have a garden
but beginning to feel confined.

Must have a word with myself

Greyduster Fri 17-Apr-20 09:11:47

Fishing. Mayfly will be hatching soon and my rods are gathering dust in the garage☹️!
Eating out with the family.
Getting my hair cut!
Doing my own shopping, though I am eternally grateful to my son in law for doing it for me.

Skweek1 Fri 17-Apr-20 10:07:24

Garden Centre, but being able to just get on bus with DS without having to wait for an hour, going to our creative writing group and having a drink and bite of lunch with his young lady. Not having to wait for up to two months for Amazon to deliver a parcel (or pick one up! - I bought a stationery item which was faulty and I've been waiting for 3 weeks for Hermes pick up arranged by Amazon. When I contact Hermes on-line chat, they tell me that they are waiting for package to arrive; when I try theit tracking service to find out when they are picking it up, I'm being promised "our pick-up driver will collect it today.")