Gransnet forums

Chat

Are you paying your cleaner during lockdown?

(154 Posts)
PamelaJ1 Sun 19-Apr-20 13:26:35

There is an article in the paper about cleaners who can’t work and aren’t being paid at all.

I’ve talked to mine about this and I am not paying her, perhaps I should? She is self employed and declares everything she earns and pays tax and NI. I am also self employed, am earning nothing and am not sure if I qualify for the 80% because I am a Ltd. company.
She says she will get the 80% and is fine.

I am in a much better position than her to weather this storm and after reading the article am feeling very guilty.
I think I will pay her the 20% she won’t be getting, does that seem fair?

jasmin14 Thu 08-Oct-20 09:23:24

PamelaJ1

There is an article in the paper about cleaners who can’t work and aren’t being paid at all.

I’ve talked to mine about this and I am not paying her, perhaps I should? She is self employed and declares everything she earns and pays tax and NI. I am also self employed, am earning nothing and am not sure if I qualify for the 80% because I am a Ltd. company.
She says she will get the 80% and is fine.

I am in a much better position than her to weather this storm and after reading the article am feeling very guilty.
I think I will pay her the 20% she won’t be getting, does that seem fair?

The Best Way to Clean Dishwasher
There are so many different ways to clean your dishwasher that sometimes it can be difficult to decide which method is the best. Here are some tips on how to clean your dishwasher so you know you are getting the most out of your dishwasher cleaning equipment.
cleaninglounge.co.uk/best-washing-machine-cleaner/

jasmin14 Thu 08-Oct-20 09:24:16

There are so many different ways to clean your dishwasher that sometimes it can be difficult to decide which method is the best. Here are some tips on how to clean your dishwasher so you know you are getting the most out of your dishwasher cleaning equipment.

jasmin14 Thu 08-Oct-20 09:28:19