Gransnet forums

Chat

I hate #@#*@** joggers!

(54 Posts)
Witzend Tue 21-Apr-20 18:39:37

Once again, while I was on my usual walk, one steamed past me with barely a couple of feet between us. I was right at the inner edge of the path, so could not move away. It’s a very quiet road with very few cars even in normal times, so she could easily have moved into the road, as I’d done a few times already, to keep my distance from someone else.

For the first time, I yelled my fury after her. Of course she paid no heed whatsoever.

I’m beginning to wish jogging would be banned for the duration. I know it’s not all of them, but at least around here there’s a significant minority who seem to think they have some sort of superior right to ignore the rules.

Quite apart from anything else, all their huffing and puffing means they’re breathing out a lot more potentially infected air than anyone walking.
Grrrrrr!

GabriellaG54 Wed 22-Apr-20 15:59:27

I usually call out 'Good morning' as I come up behind anyone when running in normal times. Now, at 05.15 they are nearly all abed.

Toadinthehole Thu 23-Apr-20 10:30:10

We cycle and walk, but don’t run. We’ve found most of the problems, if any, come from the walkers. Joggers are mostly on their own, and can quickly move out of the way. Cyclists mostly are fine too, and we find this whether we’re cycling or walking. Walkers are ALWAYS two or more in our experience, and they don’t get out of the way if on the cycle tracks, despite desperate ringing of our bells. People with dogs are the worst. I’ve lost count of the near misses we’ve had whilst cycling past dogs loose and running all over the place. Nothing is perfect, we have to make the best of it.

Shelmiss Thu 23-Apr-20 10:54:44

I’ve noticed quite a bit of walking etiquette going on where we live.

We walk with two dogs (on leads). We’ve found that when one person is approaching us they tend to be the ones to move across the road first. If there is one person with one dog approaching they also move across the road. If we are approaching someone with children or a buggy for example, then we move across the road.

If there are two people with two dogs, like us, then it’s whoever spots the other first! ??