Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Tue 05-May-20 06:22:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a windy but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day , will exercise with housework etc.
Watch TV , and have a quiet day.
Yesterday , I popped out to post a letter, there was a small que at the bank ,and no que at Boots , so over 6 weeks things have started to change a bit.
Mick

Puzzler61 Tue 05-May-20 08:02:59

Good morning Mick and everyone from blowy Worcs. DH brought tea in bed and opened curtains. The tall tree I can see is rocking and the little bluetits and sparrows must be clinging on this morning.

Got a few small jobs in mind to do today, but mostly I’m eager to start a new jigsaw. It’s called Biking Through Italy. I’ll think of all the brilliant holidays we’ve had in Tuscany, Florence, and Sorrento while I’m doing it.

DH and I took a stroll yesterday that turned into a 50 mins walk and we went a bit further than usual - but I slept well last night zzzzzz.

Have a safe day and those with worries, aches and pains be kind to yourselves. ?

Grammaretto Tue 05-May-20 08:08:13

Mornin' all from the Scottish Borders. Another beautiful day in prospect after a cold night.
My seed order arrived yesterday so I'm full of anticipation for the meadow I propose to grow.
I have to say I'm in no hurry to return to polluted cities, crowds, planes & queues in shops.

DD sent a video of the cuckoo she hears.
I made 2 face masks yesterday in case we are let out. I had no elastic so they tie instead
Yoga on zoom. DSiL will call to collect rhubarb to take to their household . She's looking after her DP, also shielding.

Sorry you think you still haven't made any progress Gilly
Perhaps today will be successful. I hope so.

Lins1066 Tue 05-May-20 08:08:15

Good Morning Mick and all. Blowing a gale here on the S Welsh coast, dry though.
Hope you have a better day today gilly ?
Will eat the remains of Sunday's pork today, a cottage style pie with pork, what is that called I wonder? - sty pie? ?

Stay safe everyone.

Annapops Tue 05-May-20 08:12:24

Good morning all from County Durham.

Asda delivery should be arriving later so that will occupy some of my time. Have to say we are spending a fortune on food, but there again we're doing no top up shops either.

The garden needs some attention after our recent rainy day showers. The weeds are beginning to pop up once more. Has any one noticed how difficult it has become to buy flower seeds and how much more expensive they are if you do come across any? Maybe it's just my part of the world.

We're discovering so many new walks and pathways nearby that each day has become a mini adventure following a new trail. The beauty of it is that we meet hardly anyone else as the paths are too narrow and bumpy for bikes and runners. New discoveries we would never have explored before lockdown. Having said that I can't wait to visit a NT property and grounds with coffee and cake as a reward at the end.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Gilly. I wish something would happen to ease things for you. What a star you are to be coping as you do. Wishing you more strength to overcome your hurdles.

Hope you're feeling better today too Mary. You always make me smile with your family tales and your cheery outlook on life.

Keep enjoying that sunshine Urms. Great news that you can now enjoy some much needed fresh air.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Gingster Tue 05-May-20 08:14:02

My post has disappeared ?. I’ll try again but apologies if it reappears.

I read the thread about paragraphing so as I have just found out how to I will endeavour to ‘paragraph’.

A wild start to the day on the Suffolk coast. Easterly wind and scudding clouds with a choppy sea. A cosy day indoors for us. Leisurely brekkie, read the papers, walk the dog, back for coffee and Bargain Hunt. A few jobs, reading and jigsaws. Crosswords and sudoku. Dinner and tv. Not a bad day!

Do hope you feel better MARYDOLL.
Hopefully a better day for you GILLYBOB.
Thoughts go out to all and try to have as pleasant a day as you can. ?

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 05-May-20 08:15:33

Good morning from east London, cloudy with a bit of a breeze and the sun trying hard to get through. Based on my area, the skip providers are doing good business at the moment. Better that than a load of fly tipping. On my way back from the shop yesterday, I stopped for a distance chat with neighbours down the street who I haven’t seen since shut down, one of whom isn’t going out. When I got home, DP was about to send the search parties out; I didn’t realise how long I’d been standing. Will have a walk later on and who knows what else. Hope you have a good day.

harrigran Tue 05-May-20 08:24:18

Good morning from a cool, grey NE, we had a heavy shower at 6am which gave the pavements a good wash.
DH and I both had dodgy tummies yesterday and have no idea why.
Have rewatched all of Life on Mars and now watching Ashes to ashes, I do like the character of Gene Hunt.
Hardest thing I have to do today is decide what to have for lunch.
Thinking of you gillybob and wishing there was a way to make this all go away.
Stay safe.

NfkDumpling Tue 05-May-20 08:29:56

Morning All

Clouds are troshin over at speed and the sun is coming and going as if someone is switching a light on and off.

Now going to have a long soak in the bath. Then finish painting a picture of a land rover on a birthday card for DS’s birthday this weekend. A sedentary day.

Brunette10 Tue 05-May-20 08:38:13

Good Morning from a sunny Fife, think it's to warm up nicely today. Marydoll - don't fret I too sent an on-line card to our DGS1 for his birthday on Friday and it didn't arrive until yesterday BUT at least he got it I was so relieved, a bit annoyed as I had ordered it in plenty of time but tbh not sure how the Post Office are working at the moment but there are def delays. Gilly - so sorry you're having down day, you know we are all thinking of you. It's just not easy is it? However looking forward to Boris's talk on Sunday to see how we are all going to move forward. Today is another baking day not sure what yet. DH will be busy outside making the most of this lovely weather. I hope today is kind to you all ones with worries get special thoughts, take care.

Greyduster Tue 05-May-20 08:38:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining on and off in South Yorkshire but it is chilly. Our burglar alarm developed some sort of fault yesterday and we are going to have to try and either get it fixed or find out if there is anything we can do to sort it out ourselves. Apart from that taxing our feeble brains, we don’t have a lot planned for today. I haves some weeds that I thought were plants, and have been carefully nurturing?, to get rid of. Can’t afford the space for hangers on! Have a the best day you can, folks.

Anniebach Tue 05-May-20 08:53:03

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Taichinan Tue 05-May-20 09:06:34

Good morning from what looks a promising day on the Angus coast. mmmm Sark - lemon butter cream and chicken. I love a bit of sweet 'n sour! I have a Tesco delivery today between one and two. I always order too much in case I can't get another slot. When this is over I shall enjoy seeing how long I can go without shopping, knowing that I can pop out at any point if I'm short! Went for a lovely walk yesterday and surprised myself by how fit I still am in spite having been so lazy over the past weeks. Today however it's back to the lawnmower and then, if the day fulfills its promise, a lounge in the sun with a book. I'm not sure if I want this undemanding and relaxing time to end! (But oh, to see the family ?). I suppose we're a long way off that, and it'll still be a good while before tai chi classes will be permitted. But hey ho, keep smiling. Have a good day everyone in whatever way you can and I hope all of you with worries, illness and pain find an easing. Lots of love to you. Stay safe everyone ????

Mapleleaf Tue 05-May-20 09:09:51

Good morning everyone,

As Greyduster says, the sun is shining on and off here, with yet another chilly breeze. I'd say more off now, too, as the clouds are building up.

Well, I'm not sure what exciting things I'll fill my day with today. Probably the usual of cleaning, washing, meal prep...
Having said that, I've just started reading a Gervase Phinn book, so will dip into that at some point.

So sorry to read that you are still having such troubles and difficulties gilly. I wish I could wave a magic wand for you to make them all disappear.

To all feeling sad, worried, wobbly or unwell, I hope today brings some comfort to you. ?

Take care all.

BladeAnnie Tue 05-May-20 09:13:46

Good morning all from a dull and overcast mid-Notts. The second part of DOHs mindfulness session today which I am going to join in with - I really enjoyed the last one. Corned beef hash for tea so I'll sort that during the day and it will just have to go in the oven at tea time. Stay safe everyone and may Tuesday be kind to us all x

SusieB50 Tue 05-May-20 09:18:26

Good Morning from East London , I was very cold in bed last night and then worried I should have brought the french beans back inside that I was hardening off . They seem OK this morning though.
Had several nice long phone conversations with family and old friends yesterday ,but made me sad that I hadn’t seen them for so long .
I’m going to defrost the fridge freezer in the kitchen today - I’m sure I will find a number of unlabelled / very strange looking pots . The one in the utility room needs it too , but one at a time !

GrannyOwl5 Tue 05-May-20 09:30:47

Good morning everyone from a bright and breezy east Kent.

A few bits and pieces planned for the day - always good to have a plan! Will change and wash the bedding as it looks a good drying day. The joy of clean sheets! Husband’s birthday next week so am making a card; quite pleased, but it’s a work in progress. A bit of exercise, bit of gardening, bit of reading and the end of another day!

Hope those struggling for whatever reason have as good a day as you can. Take care everyone flowers

Nortsat Tue 05-May-20 09:32:25

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a fairly bright east London.

Grocery delivery today.
Partner has several Skype sessions scheduled with his students.
I have an afternoon of report writing ...

I have leftover roast pork in the freezer, which needs using up. It was a leg and was a bit tough in parts. I will need to be inventive and come up with a recipe that doesn’t exacerbate the toughness.

Have a good day all, special good wishes to those who need them and ‘let’s be careful out there’. ?

Susan56 Tue 05-May-20 09:34:46

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is a sunny and breezy start.

Delivery from the local deli today.

Newquay,I am doing my steps round the house and garden too.I set myself a challenge to walk 100 miles each month this year,not as much as it sounds,just over 3 miles each day.DH says he is glad we have wooden floors or there would be no carpet left.Surprising how many steps I do just doing the usual chores.

Thank you for all the kind messages and thoughts for Henry.He is pretty much the same but still a happy little boy.It is hard as he can’t have the tests he needs until the hospital is deemed a safe environment for him.

I am so sorry things are so tough for you gilly.Sending you love and strength and hoping today is the day you get a breakthrough and some help.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Gelisajams Tue 05-May-20 10:01:06

Good morning from a very pleasant Morecambe Bay. A bit cool with an Easterly breeze. Extended our walk a little this morning. Have been out for over 2 hours. Only saw a handful of people, mainly dog walkers and a couple of runners.
My heart goes out to Gilly. It’s about time her fortunes changed for the better. Her problems are so numerous and have gone on for so long. Like most, I wish there was something I could do.
We have a particularly lively 2 year old DGS. His poor mum is trying to work from home and her husband has to go into work so she’s alone with him. She sends us videos of his antics at 5:30am. Not much we can do to help there either.
Think I’ll get out in the garden later. The rain last week has encouraged new weeds which have to go!
Take care and keep safe.?

gillgran Tue 05-May-20 10:22:33

Good Morning, from an overcast N. Cambs.,

Yesterday I ventured out to the local chemist to pick up our regular prescriptions, it was fine, no queue, so in & out quickly. It was my first time there since the lock down, I felt almost like a visitor in our small town, (where we have lived for over 50 years..!!).

We are missing getting to N.W. Norfolk to our little holiday home, the grass there will be like a meadow field.! I keenly look out for posts from that area.

Hope you kind folk have as good a day as possible,

Take Care.

Craftycat Tue 05-May-20 10:31:03

Following a very windy night, Surrey is sunny this morning & the forecast is good for the next few days.
I have already got a good tan- not quite as good as coming home from Greece but getting there!
The garden is totally weed free for the first time ever & looking good.
Just as well as DH is clearing out the garage & you can't move on the patio! I shall take a chair on the lawn later.

Irenelily Tue 05-May-20 10:35:50

Kittylester, the British .Heart Foundation took my old 3 piece suite - for free. ( the Council charged a fee) I just had to get it put on the drive!

MawB Tue 05-May-20 10:36:48

Good morning from N Bucks - ? but breezy though.

Sitting down to Greek yogurt and some delicious raspberries and blueberries from the village shop. They are firm, fresh, quite perfect. Who needs supermarkets?
My History course is this afternoon - we are looking at/ discussing WWII films, both propaganda and lighter hearted films designed to keep spirits up. So well timed!
Today’s is a silly but enjoyable Leslie Howard romp called “Pimpernel Smith” if anybody has seen it.
Wishing you all as pleasant a day as circs will permit!

Houndi Tue 05-May-20 10:43:25

Good morning will be refilling our hot tub today so husband can go in it tomorrow night if ph is right.He is essential worker for the NHS so really needs it

GrannySomerset Tue 05-May-20 11:01:21

Cold, grey and windy in North Somerset but good drying weather. Nothing planned today after yesterday’s exertions shifting heavy pots around and getting things ready for plant delivery later in the week - back not happy so bed changing and pegging out laundry more than enough.

Am reading Peter May’s “Lockdown” set in London during a global pandemic where civil society has collapsed and fear of the virus dominates life. Written in 2005 by a very successful crime writer, editors rejected it as unrealistic so it was put away and forgotten. Published this year, it is chillingly accurate and has made me glad that things are not nearly as bad as they might be!