Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Tue 05-May-20 06:22:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a windy but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day , will exercise with housework etc.
Watch TV , and have a quiet day.
Yesterday , I popped out to post a letter, there was a small que at the bank ,and no que at Boots , so over 6 weeks things have started to change a bit.
Mick

SheilaMary2222 Tue 05-May-20 11:07:15

Good morning from the beautiful cathedral city of Salisbury. No basking in the sun this morning as its a little chilly today.
My clematis is in full bloom, not a brilliant gardener so its a lovely surprise after years of neglect, to see plants blossoming.
Funny how little simple things are now giving me so much pleasure. The other day I went for a walk near Salisbury Racecourse and was fascinated watching a small beetle crawl across a wooden fence post, its blue metallic colour illuminated by the evening sun, watched it for ages. Life is less hectic now. Best wishes to you all and be safe.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 05-May-20 11:13:49

Good morning from a bright north of Scotland. Laundry out, a little weeding done and enjoying my first cup of coffee reading the thread.
gillybob There is a very good forum on mumsnet that helps with business issues. There are a lot of excellent posters/
There are lots of birthdays in May in my family too. Apparently May and October used to be the busiest months in the Matty. Maybe it has changed since I was told that.
I took my glasses off and cannot find them without them ?

NannyJan53 Tue 05-May-20 11:20:39

Good Morning from a sunny but windy Black Country.

DP is off on a bike ride. I have cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, that is it for today! Sit in garden and read this afternoon. Will be having the usual daily video call with Mum, then it will be lunchtime.

Welcome to the thread SheilaMary and any other new posters I may have missed.

Wishing you all the best day possible.

whywhywhy Tue 05-May-20 11:30:45

Good morning from a breezy and bright Market Harborough. Another day of lock down. Stay safe and sane. X

CherryCezzy Tue 05-May-20 11:38:52

Good morning Mick and everyone from a very blustery, cold and drizzly morning here in Gower.

Gillybob, thank you for your kind thoughts yesterday.
I read that yesterday the phone line for businesses trying to get the loan the government promised had 45,000 callers. There has been such bad handling of it all it has led to this! I really hope you manage to get everything sorted today ?

Gentle ((hugs)) from me Marydoll. Sounds like your daughter had a good birthday, all things considered. I love the fact that you put string lights round her birthday cake, you may have started a new trend.

Calpurnia, I'm glad to see you posting again. I've been thinking about whether you would or not. I hope you, and especially your DH are doing well. ?

Loved your depiction of the weather today NflkDumpling, it's a bit like my current experience with my internet ?. We have an "engineer" coming out to fix it on the 18th!

Gentle ((hugs)) to little Henry Susan, I wish you could do that I really do ?️

I know I have missed so many of you out but I send you all my best wishes and hope you have the best day you can.

Had a lovely long (double) phone call with my neice1 yesterday and she sent me a video of my 3 GNs (my nephew 1's - her brother) boys playing the ? s. The best drummer of the 3 was the youngest - 2 years old ?.
Got some mince to use today, haven't decided whether to make a lasagna or a cottage pie ?.

Take care everyone, be kind to yourselves ❤️

Purplepixie Tue 05-May-20 11:39:16

Good morning from a sunny and windy East Midlands. The washing is out and hopefully getting dried for a change. I’ve just spent all morning making an apple crumble for tea and a date and walnut cake which might not turn out too good. I only had a few dates so I had to put some chopped prunes in. Oh well, it will keep us running to the loo!!!!

Take care all my lovely friends on this wonderful site. Better days are ahead.

Kalu Tue 05-May-20 11:43:54

Good morning all. Sunny day again in Glasgow which really does help to keep my spirits up.

DH has been to the pharmacy to collect my script for stronger painkillers. After another sleepless night they were a welcome relief as I felt the first one already kick in earlier.

Sorry I missed your post yesterday Thaichinan Good to see you back ?

A half asleep day ahead for me then. Any excuse to read my book and have a snooze when I reach the point of trying to read with one eye open??

Wishing everyone a good day and a better day for all who are. coping with whatever struggles you are having today?

churchmouse43 Tue 05-May-20 11:48:33

My dad was born in Colchester. Barrington Road.Hello from a very wet and windy Cornwall.

EllanVannin Tue 05-May-20 11:50:16

Good Morning All x
Lovely sunrise first thing with the sun still shining but is marred by a bit of a cool breeze that's whipped up. Still, you can't have everything.

I'm getting a tad frustrated now and missing doing a proper shop. I've heard so many things about missing items or out of date goods that a delivery isn't an option as that to me is as bad as no big shop.
As you can see, it's going to be " one " of those grousing days for me.

Gillybob I feel your worries, some things just aren't fair at all, you've had months of it with one thing and another and the one thing which has been giving you pleasure has been deprived of you as well---little Evie. It's so cruel. x Surely something's got to give at some point ?

Can't get for going this morning, 2 phone-calls both an hour or so in length---can't complain, one was from Oz, aww.
Put rubbish in the bin and a neighbour nailed me for about 3/4's of an hour, then another neighbour went past as I was about to close the front door----thought I might have beaten her to itgrin. Not in the mood for talking.

I'll never catch up with everyone now as I only got as far as Gillybob's post but I hope everyone's still doing alright.
Stay safe and well xx.

MawB Tue 05-May-20 12:05:37

EllenVannin
I'm getting a tad frustrated now and missing doing a proper shop. I've heard so many things about missing items or out of date goods that a delivery isn't an option as that to me is as bad as no big shop
I wouldn’t get downhearted EV, do people ever report how quick, easy and accurate their delivery was?
I have had one each week, alternating Ocado and Waitrose and have had no out of date or nearly items ever, and apart from the early days of lockdown, no problems whatsoever with unavailable items or weird substitutions.
I think some people are too eager to recount “horror stories” and while I agree that browsing and choosing for yourself may be what you prefer, I have enjoyed regular online shopping for probably 10 years.

Jan16 Tue 05-May-20 12:38:52

We have been doing online delivery for around 4 years since I broke my leg and can honestly say I have never had a problem. It’s a lot better than queuing outside the supermarket and with the position we’re in today probably much safer! We have used Tesco and Sainsburys with no problem. As EllenVannin says people are too quick to complain and usually too slow to praise!

Megs36 Tue 05-May-20 13:07:54

MawB, got to agree, only done online in the last couple of months and not had a problem yet?, obviously one or two things out of stock, so far 3 deliveries with Iceland and 2 with Morrison’s, had to be a bit patient, wondering if when’ this is all over’ to continue with online. I’ll forget what a supermarket looks like ?

Justwidowed Tue 05-May-20 13:31:05

Good afternoon all,meant to post earlier but have been busy trying to empty the garage. My husband was a hoarder ,when I first opened the garage I burst into tears.Now with the help of neighbours it's virtually clear.I may have to bribe the bin men with some more home baking.!! Hope everyone has a good day.