Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Thu 07-May-20 06:13:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another clear blue sky over Brackley this morning.
Had the que experience as to getting my prescriptions from local Boots , I had gone earlier not realising they had closed for an hour for lunch .
Returned joined small que , the manager seem to know I want prescriptions , he told me to stand out , although they were letting shoppers 2 at a time in, my prescription was brought , after doing the postcode and first line of address , they were placed in a basket , I picked them up and returned to my flat.
Mind you were I live , rules as to to lockdown by government or the residential home owner Anchor -Hanover are being ignored , there is a social committee, who think the chairman a non local person only moved in from Devon a few years thinks he knows it all , is breaking the rules , playing cards plus drinking alcoholic drink, he is over 80 ,and has asthmatic problems and overweight does not exercise, no wonder the lockdown continues .
Mick

Susan56 Thu 07-May-20 18:44:57

Thank you Cherry.x

CherryCezzy Thu 07-May-20 18:22:31

Good to hear that news about little Henry Susan . Hope the new GP does a good job and does right by Henry ?

Kalu Thu 07-May-20 13:54:45

With Gabriella’s helpful links, fingers crossed you make better progress today gilly?

CC90 Thu 07-May-20 13:18:09

My son started to try to apply for a bounce back loan with Barclays on Monday and it’s in his account today . So it is possible . Unfortunately you do just have to keep trying!

Susan56 Thu 07-May-20 13:06:31

Thank you Urmston.He’s doing ok.A different gp is on the case now so hopefully he will have his tests sooner rather than later.He has had oats three days without a reaction so ??

Urmstongran Thu 07-May-20 12:35:12

That’s very helpful Gabriella perhaps Barclays have finally upped their game after complaints! let’s hope gillybob manages to get the business loan they need today so she can move forward.

GabriellaG54 Thu 07-May-20 12:01:04

Bounce-back scheme should be accessed online.
7 questions
Once approved, money deposited in your account next day
(news 1 hour ago)

Candelle Thu 07-May-20 11:56:49

You can see the flower moon this evening:

'If you were up early this morning you might have seen the Flower Moon, as it was visible before sunrise. However you should also get a good view of it after sunset tonight. Greg Brown, an astronomer at the Royal Observatory, told the PA news agency: ‘Technically the exact moment of full moon is 11.45am, however the moon will not be visible in the sky in the UK at that time. ‘Times for moonrise and set vary slightly across the UK, but not by more than about 10 minutes or so.’ Sunset is due at around 8.30pm tonight, and the moon is set to rise at around 8.44pm – so any time after that will be a good time to see it.'

GrannyOwl5 Thu 07-May-20 11:30:27

Hello everyone from a very sunny and warm east kent. Have shaken the dust off my shorts and dared to get my legs out. Good job I’m confined to the back garden?

Sorry to hear that some of you are having trials and tribulations not to mention some falls. Do take care of yourselves.

Have done my exercises and am now feeling suitably smug - and stiff - having a coffee in the garden. A day of pottering in the garden and finishing off DH’s homemade birthday card; hope he is suitably appreciative as am not the most creative person about.

Hope you all have as good a day as possible and keep safe.

EllanVannin Thu 07-May-20 11:28:14

Good Morning All x
Lovely wasted day again. Though won't be doing much indoors, I'll wait until the weekend when it changes before I'll lift a finger, except for doing my meals of course.

I was online earlier but couldn't relax as I was heading to the surgery for my INR. Sorry I went because it was a low reading from past readings which were fine so I blamed the virus grin. Well you've got to blame something haven't you ? Everyone there was in " full gear "like spacemen smile Temperature taken on entering, even that was low ! My body loses heat quickly.

I then went straight to the corner shop for crumpets and cat food and noticed they had Zoflora so helped myself to a couple of the Midnight Blooms, lovely smell---better than Dettol !

Gillybob, if you ring the same number as I did, just for a balance/transfer ( act daft ) and explain your business if you are asked for any more assistance. I can always pm you the number if you so wish. x I use the same bank.

Thoughts to anyone with troubles/problems, just stay safe xx

GabriellaG54 Thu 07-May-20 11:03:56

Many not getting through.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 07-May-20 10:56:45

Good morning from sunny Scotland. I will plant some vegetable seeds and hope they are ok over what is apparently to be a very cold weekend. I am so happy to have acquired a delivery slot and am putting in an order for myself and neighbours. There are quite a few treats in fact a lot of treats. There will undoubtedly be substitutions but I am happy to take what I can get, I so appreciate not having to go to the shop. I am feeling more cheerful since I stopped listening to the repetitive briefings. In fact it took several minutes last week to realise that I was watching the previous day’s broadcast. I wondered why the lady doctor would wear the same dress two days in a row. (shallow me). Have the best day you can.

Purplepixie Thu 07-May-20 10:50:29

A very good morning from a lovely sunny East Midlands.

I’m so sorry Gillybob that you are having to go through so much. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make life better for you.

Another day of lockdown and still I dont feel in the mood for cleaning, oh well, it will be there when I am not - that is what my mam used to say!

In the garden this afternoon and do a bit of weeding and then phone a friend or two.

Take care all my lovely friends. X

CherryCezzy Thu 07-May-20 10:46:03

Didn't mean to put "yester evening" ?

CherryCezzy Thu 07-May-20 10:42:17

Good morning everybody. A warm but distinctly cloudy morning here in Gower.

I woke up with a strange feeling in my right leg. My knee is very stiff, I have tingling all the way down the outside and around my ankle. I haven't been able to walk it off ?

Jaq and Grannysyb, I empathise with you both as I fall on a fairly regular basis. It's something that goes with the territory of having epilepsy. I hope everything eases for you both soon ??

The sky yesterday evening was magnificent yester evening. The Flower Moon was very bright, with an ethereal green Halo around, contrasted against the pale blue sky. There was a distinct line between the pale blue and a rich deep pink horizon over the mostly dark sea, apart from the shaft of light from the moon refected upon it. My WP, needless to say, took an array of photos but unfortunately I can't share them with you as they are not on this device (yet). Apparently there is one more chance to catch the Flower Moon tonight.

Beechnut, I love the sound of your wooden bunting ?.
We'll put Grandmafrench, the sacrifices for the the peace we have today no thanks we can pay will never be enough to repay.

Hope all of you that have had (or are having) wobbles and have other troubles and travails have a better day today.

Gillybob, don't let them make you ill ?

❤️ to all of you.

gillgran Thu 07-May-20 10:38:58

Good Morning, from a bright, sunny N.,Cambs.,

Waiting for a delivery from our local Bakery, a weekly treat during the lock down.

I did see the lovely Flower-Full-Moon, last night, the last of the super-moons of 2020. Hope to get another good view tonight. Although not as spectacular as we would get from our fantastic big sky on the N.W. Norfolk coast.

Be kind to yourselves.

whywhywhy Thu 07-May-20 10:37:41

Good morning from a sunny market Harborough.

Hopefully this lock down won’t be for much longer, stay safe. X

Ginny42 Thu 07-May-20 10:36:24

Oh good heavens Gilly, that is dreadful. Is it the bank or the system?

Ginny42 Thu 07-May-20 10:32:57

Good morning Mick and everyone from a glorious day in Cheshire. I'm later this morning as had to have a conversation with my DGS re his homework about how Elizabeth1 compared to a modern woman. I think this a very difficult concept for an 11 year old boy, although he came up with the idea that like many modern women she chose not to marry. smile

Goodness, so many injured people today. flowers Take care when out and about. Re- dental problems, I lost a piece of tooth eating crusty bread and the surgery advised to buy a temporary filling kit. I don't have any pain, so am waiting to see how it goes and there's a note on my file that I need an urgent appointment when they're working again.

Definitely a day in the sunshine today. Not too much to do in my little garden as the beds are looking good but no plants to fill pots and hanging baskets. Yesterday I needed the parasol the sun was so hot.

I can see my neighbour in her summer house busy making suits for the local hospital. She's a star.

Take good care of yourselves everyone. flowers for all.

GabriellaG54 Thu 07-May-20 10:30:51

Not quite alongside, Urmstongran the towpath isn't wide enough. He was quite a way in front...????‍♂️------------------------------------------------------??‍♀️?

gillybob Thu 07-May-20 10:04:45

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a lovely sunny start to Thursday.

Spent almost all of yesterday trying to access the Bounce back loan scheme without any luck. Spent 4 hours on hold on the phone only to be told "keep trying". I have barely slept again and am sick of my life right now . Thanks to BARCLAYS !

Urmstongran Thu 07-May-20 10:03:48

Great to hear you managed to meet up and jog alongside your fella this morning Gabriella! ?‍♀️ ?‍♂️

Hope your baby grandson is coming on now Susan56 ??

Poor you jacq10 pain does drag one down. You are certainly not moaning! x

Kalu Thu 07-May-20 10:00:29

Good morning all. It’s a brightish day here in Glasgow.

No further forward with the greenhouse but we put together the wooden compost bin I had ordered. It’s pretty big and sticks out like a sore thumb next to the shed, so today I will,paint it to match the shed. I can almost hear Monty laughing?

The super moon last night was wonderful. So big and very bright and a poignant reminder for me too that wherever DD2 got to on her travels, although so far away, we always share the moon and still do now that she lives in Australia. We are both sentimental types ?

Just noticed a ray of sunshine across my iPad so, who knows, it could be a sunny day after all!

Best wishes for a good day to all and hopefully signs of improvement for those with struggles.

BladeAnnie Thu 07-May-20 09:55:14

Good morning all from a bright and sunny mid-Notts. Another beautiful day smile although I do believe it's going to get colder again so don't pack away the winter clothes too soon!! Sainsbury's delivery this afternoon and have ordered extra for the food bank as we have done with each and every delivery we have had. I bag it up and one of the volunteers collects it from under the porch. I know they have really struggled as there has been such an increase in people needing their help over the past few weeks. Quiche and salad for tea tonight then outside to clap for nhs/carers/key workers at 8. Stay safe everyone and may Thursday be kind to us all x

Susan56 Thu 07-May-20 09:39:29

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it’s another sunny day.

I have been replying to WhatsApp messages in our family group for the last hour.My daughters are so quick with their responses,I always feel I am a few messages behind in my replies.One daughter is very excited about the lifting of restrictions,the other more cautious.

We are going to clean the garden furniture today then our garden work is complete.Will be maintenance and watering from now on.

Sending good wishes to all.jacq hope you feel better soon ?and dragonfly and gilly thinking of you both.