Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(62 Posts)
Puzzler61 Sat 09-May-20 07:41:54

Good morning Mick and All. It’s all set to be a sunny and v.warm day here in Worcs.

Cornergran I’m glad your day was special. ?

If you had your own tea party or street party yesterday I hope you enjoyed them. ?

Nortsat Oh dear! I hope PO wasn’t too far a (lost) journey for your OH?

I’ve ordered burgers from a farm shop, thinking “bbq”, but they e mailed and said they can’t deliver until next week (when weather’s turning colder). Oh well.
As my only problem is “what can we have for tea” I think
I’m lucky, as so many folk on here are struggling with problems of greater magnitude.
Whatever we have for tea, we’ll eat it in the garden as we did yesterday listening to the birdsong and looking at the flower garden.

Take care everyone and enjoy the warm sunshine while we have it. ?

brook2704 Sat 09-May-20 07:36:13

Good morning mick and all from a cloudy Inverness. It’s already turned cooler here and tomorrow is definitely going to be a jumper day !
Yesterday our window cleaner arrived, he’s still working but without his usual assistants. I was just about to start my online exercise class so had to ask him to do those windows first as I definitely didn’t want an audience ... !??

Hope everyone has the best day possible and take care if you have to go out ?

Justwidowed Sat 09-May-20 07:31:06

Good morning all.Up early today and just made a coffee to take back to bed.My DH always brought coffee upstairs every morning and I always did it when we were on holiday.No more holidays or husbands !!
Am going to enjoy the sunshine today ,housework can wait until the temperature plummets tomorrow.
Hope everyone has as lovely a day as possible in these strange circumstances.

NotAGran55 Sat 09-May-20 07:22:03

Good morning. More blue skies and sunshine ☀️.

No plans for today other than trying to find a few little birthday presents that can be posted to a relative later in the month .

Yesterday felt like a Sunday so today feels like Monday!

Enjoy you day if you can .

Brunette10 Sat 09-May-20 07:21:40

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. It's a dull day here in Fife but the sun may appear a little later on. No idea why I'm up so early but wakened so as well up. No plans today other than our daily walk, think we shall just have a very quiet day, it's beginning to become a habit wink Glad you had a nice day yesterday Cornergran another year older smile. Hope today is good for everyone, take care.

Nortsat Sat 09-May-20 07:20:25

Morning Mick and the GM team ... from a bright east London.

I sent my partner to the PO yesterday (to return the wretched iPhone). Then I popped back onto GN to the Good Morning thread, to catch up with the later posts. MawB kindly reminded me that it's a bank holiday and the PO is closed... then my partner arrived back from the PO, letting me know that it’s a bank holiday and the PO is closed ...

On line grocery order to sort today.
Frittata and salad for supper tonight as we have eggs which need using up.
Afternoon in the garden, I think.

Good thoughts to all, ?to gillybob and anyone else who needs them. ‘Let’s be careful out there’ ?

NanKate Sat 09-May-20 07:03:19

Morning Mick and All.

Going to enjoy the last day of warmth before the 10 degree drop in temperature tomorrow.

It’s beginning to dawn on me that all our short break holidays will be cancelled this year. What a swiz (do people use that expression any more ?)

Keep going folks.

cornergran Sat 09-May-20 06:52:06

Morning Mick, morning All. A bright and already warm start to the day in our corner of Somerset. Thank you for the good wishes yesterday, a very enjoyable day with contact from family and friends. No idea what we’ll do today other than make the most of the sunshine before the colder weather gets here. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Beechnut Sat 09-May-20 06:29:53

Good Morning Mick and grandMattie and all who follow.

Another lovely start to the day on Severnside.

I really don’t know what to do today. I couldn’t get to grips with what day it was yesterday as it was a holiday.

Had a chat with DD yesterday and wondered what we would do if allowed to meet, whether we would or no at the moment.

A very severe haircut with a tree went on in my road yesterday grandMattie.

Stay safe all ?

ninathenana Sat 09-May-20 06:24:52

Good morning everyone.

GranMattie not just me that was hot in Kent last night then. I gave up trying to sleep at 2.30 a.m. and came down stairs.
The washing I did last night is waiting to be hung out and that's about it for today. Sitting in the garden I think is the order of the day.
Stay safe.

grandMattie Sat 09-May-20 06:17:00

Good morning all. Lovely day today in E Kent. Was unprepared for how hot it was last night.
We unexpectedly gave our lavender hedge a sever haircut yesterday after buying some plants to fill in the gaps. Hope it works.
Nothing on today as per...

12Michael Sat 09-May-20 06:10:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Another day in today, apart from exercise.
I will go and get a Chinese Take away later , just a soup and a main undecided as to choice, otherwise TV , like many spending more time watching it than normal.
Take Care ,
Mick