Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sun 10-May-20 06:12:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry and bright start here this morning in Brackley .
The forecast is supposed to be changing with colder weather , but OK so far.
Got my usual Chinese last night , and will await today to see what Bee Jay says later as to lockdown becoming Lockstep .
Watch TV etc with a small shop , noticed my electric use is creeping up since lockdown.
Take Care
Mick

Grandmafrench Sun 10-May-20 18:35:25

Pleased @ your news, Susan.....baby steps for that baby boy. x Justwidowed wonder if you’ve been thrown a bit from your usual routine/diet/activities. Please take real care of yourself and keep your emergency rations close by so you can stay safe hold on to independence. Even worse than coping alone would be being ill and scared and alone. Take it easy? Big hugs. x

Justwidowed Sun 10-May-20 17:25:41

Thanks NannyJan53,Urmstongran and Susan56.am much better now,probably overcompensated.My dinner will now be 8pm instad of 6pm.Susan56 sounds like you're the same as me ,type 1,I don't let it bother me too much after over 60 years .Take care

Susan56 Sun 10-May-20 16:18:50

Thank you NannyJan.x

Urmstongran Sun 10-May-20 15:07:05

Poor you Justwidowed that episode sounded pretty darn scary - especially being on your own. I hope you don’t have to go through that again. I’m sure it must have frightened you. x

NannyJan53 Sun 10-May-20 14:39:52

mrswoo somebody mentioned (cannot remember who now) that they had pm'd Doramarr and she was ok, just taking a break from posting.

Hope you are feeling ok now Justwidowed sounds very upsetting start to your day.

Susan56 hoping little Henry improves each day, such a worry when our babies are poorly.

Susan56 Sun 10-May-20 13:38:11

Oh Justwidowed, how scary.I keep dextrose tablets next to my bed but jelly babies sound a better idea.Easier to eat.
Hope you feel better as the day goes on and take it easy.
GrandmaFrench,Henry isn’t doing too badly.One sicky day this week.Tomorrow is the day to add another food so ??

Justwidowed Sun 10-May-20 13:21:40

Good morning/afternoon everyone.Have just had a very frightening experience, which is why I am late today.To cut a long story short,woke at 11AM in the throes of a severe hypo attack, my hand and arm were shaking and uncontrollable,luckily I could reach the jelly babies,ate 8 waited a good half hour and managed to get downstairs. Had breakfast and now much better.Had'nt
intended to do much today and now doing even less.Hope you all had a better start than me.Love to all especially Gillybob .

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 12:27:41

EllanVannin
Do taxi drivers in your area, thoroughly clean the back interior and outside door handles of their vehicles after every passenger?

Feelingmyage55 Sun 10-May-20 11:59:07

Good morning from a damp north of Scotland. Church service and live chat was very uplifting. Off to make a snack and family phone calls. Take care of yourselves.

CaroleAnne Sun 10-May-20 11:37:45

Good morning from Warminster to Mick and everyone who follow on this thread.
An indoor BBQ for Mr Carole Anne and myself today. We have some Scottish beef burgers and beef sausages with some lovely soft rolls. Quite a different meal for us so hopefully we will enjoy it.
A very Happy Birthday to Mr Granny Somerset. I told my DH and he sang Happy Birthday to Mr GS when he washed hands.
I wonder in which part of Somerset you reside? We love Somerset and are thinking of crossing the border from Wiltshire.
I hope that you all have a pleasing day an hope that Gillybob is able to have a restful one. I hope that all your dreams are fulfilled
re our prime minister's appearance this evening!!thanks

mrswoo Sun 10-May-20 11:16:50

Good morning from a grey, rainy Newcastle. I was woken just before 5 by a chirping noise. It turned out it was the smoke alarm requesting a new battery. Last night a wood pigeon flew into our French windows (they were closed) and then flew off. When I heard the alarm chirping I thought for a moment that it was the pigeon returned - why I thought that I really dont know - but I was half asleep at the time.
Happy birthday to your DH Grannysomerset and wishing Bellasnanna a happy Mother's day.

Has anyone seen anything of Doramarr on GN recently? She used to post on this thread every morning but it must be weeks since she last posted. I hope she's ok.

I've given the bathroom a very thorough 'going over' this morning. So now I won't feel so guilty for taking the rest of the day off!
Have a good day everyone. Enjoy the sunshine those of you who still have some.

NannyJan53 Sun 10-May-20 11:12:28

Thanks Puzzler61 Sounds great, I shall look forward to it!

BladeAnnie Sun 10-May-20 11:01:14

Good morning from a dull mid-Notts. Rain threatening - definite change from yesterday. Stay safe everyone and may Sunday be kind to us all x

Puzzler61 Sun 10-May-20 10:42:54

Hi NannyJan53 I ‘ve seen the stage show “Kinky Boots” in February and it was, in the words of Craig Revel-Horwood
A-MAZ-ING ! The boots! The costumes! The dancing!

Jaan12 Sun 10-May-20 10:35:05

Good morning from Fife. Much cooler here today. Yesterday was really warm, more like a summer day than spring. Having quiche, Brussels sprouts and new potatoes for lunch then might go for a short walk. Virtual church service online next. Have a good day everyone.

hulahoop Sun 10-May-20 10:30:31

Morning from Yorkshire ,it's very windy here a real change from yesterday,s glorious weather it may stop people mixing in parks . Happy Mother's Day Ballasnana .??

SusieB50 Sun 10-May-20 10:24:36

Good morning from East London , sunny but and breezy . I hope that my French beans will survive the cold tonight . Courgettes and tomatoes still hardening off in pots .
I have had hip pain for a few days , I had X-rays a few months ago and in fact the pain is arthritis in my spine ,hip is fine so referred pain . I realised I haven’t being doing my exercises regularly so it’s back to daily rolling on the floor !
Cutting the grass this morning and pottering , last day of nice weather for a while so I will spend a bit of time sorting / shredding late DH’s mountain of paper work next week .

Hymnbook Sun 10-May-20 10:21:05

Morning everyone from a cold windy grey Sherwood Nottingham. It was pouring with rain at 5 30 this am. Having a cuppa in bed . Feel very down today. Building myself up to see if l can paint my kitchen. Hope everyone is feeling well .

moggie Sun 10-May-20 10:09:39

Good morning Mick & all from cloudy Nottingham.
Chicken stir fry for dinner later.
Happy mother’s day Bellasnana
Happy Birthday to your DH GrannySomerset
Welcome Givemestrength
Have a good day everyone.

CherryCezzy Sun 10-May-20 10:05:06

Dratted brain fog!
Grannysyb and Jaq I hope you are both recovering and all pain has eased off ??

Hope you are taking care of yourself Gillybob and I send special wishes to dragonfly ?????

NannyJan53 Sun 10-May-20 10:00:01

Good Morning from a dull and chillier Black Country.

No idea what Lockstep means Mick but in my mind any loosening of the rules won't make a jot of difference until there is a vaccine.

We stayed up and watched the film Kinky Boots last night, very enjoyable, and based on a true story. Would like to see the musical one day, whenever that may be!

DP made a lovely Tandoori Chicken for dinner last night, it was yummy!

Finished reading the Biography of Noddy Holder yesterday (50p from a charity shop ages ago). Was interesting, not least because he was born and brought up in the Black Country, and I recognised a lot of the places he mentions.

May tackle the ironing today which I had saved up for when the weather turns smile

Welcome givemestrength whereabouts in the country are you? I hope you enjoy our lovely daily thread

Wishing you all a good day

CherryCezzy Sun 10-May-20 09:59:11

Good morning Mick and everyone. Blue sky, fair weather cloud and not noticeably cooler (yet) in the Gower today.

Happy Mother's Day Bellasnana ?
Happy Birthday to Mr GS ? GrannySomerset.

Thanks you Marydoll and Susan for you kind thoughts and well wishes x. I had a much better night, no bumps ?. Still quite foggy but most of that is due to the additional medication I have to take, only one more dose tonight though ?.

Lins we had thunder here yesterday afternoon when it was lovely and sunny and warm. Nothing else to accompany it. There was flash flooding very close to where my neice1 lives, just over 10 miles away.

I think it's disgusting very bad form that some people think the rules don't apply to them and they just go ahead and do what they wish, especially so when it comes from people who should really know better! As you have testified Susan it confuses some and then they think their own family don't care when it's the exact opposite and they actually care more for their family members welfare.

I will have my group quiz shortly, that's going to test my brain fogginess today ? ?. Some family chat later and hopefully a new video of what the three boys were up to yesterday ? Then it's casserole for dinner later.

I just want to add - welcome newbies ?

Look after yourselves everyone of you ❤️

Kalu Sun 10-May-20 09:44:10

Good morning all from a windy, bits of blue, bits of cloud skies with sunny bits mix type of day in Glasgow. We had rain overnight which I appreciated as I forgot to water the garden!

No plan as yet for today. I should strip the bed today but I have just remembered Monday is wash day so it unfortunately will have to wait??. In a bright mood today as I had lots of messaging with GDs yesterday, all of which made me feel,part of their day. Such a good feeling.

Happy Mother’s Day Bellasnana. Enjoy your flowers but don’t eat the whole cake today?
Hope your pain has eased a bit more today jacq as the painkillers should have kicked in even more by now.

Have a pleasant day all.

Grandmafrench Sun 10-May-20 09:32:41

Morning everyone.

Happy Birthday, Mr Somerset, enjoy a delicious supper ?? the two of you!

It’s grannysyb, I think, marydoll......I second your good wishes. ‘Plastering’ tomorrow and hope that will slow you down a little. You will need to let it heal, so maybe 4 -6 weeks in plaster? My late DM broke hers at 90 and amazingly she was plaster-free after 4 weeks : but not running a home like you! Please take care ?

jacq too. You probably were left feeling you’d fallen from a great height and it takes ages for all the aches and pains to resolve. Hope you are starting to feel somewhat better and also less shocked.

susan hope life in Henry land has improved a little this week
and gilly, in spite of the weather, we all hope you’ll be having a rest from #barclaybashingwithoutsuccess today, so you can return to the fight with spirits renewed tomorrow!

Drizzling here and dull. Warm, though - which is irritating because it’s difficult to know what to wear, so I shall probably go from tee shirt and linen trousers to long-sleeved tee shirt and linen trousers. ? After a shower. Yes, still in bed! Shameless but it is Sunday.

Huge hugs and warm wishes to you all - and more so to those in need of extra support. Here’s hoping that your Prime Minister is more statesmanlike and cautious than gung-ho in his tv address this evening. Myself? I shall pray for caution : slow and steady wins the race, sort of thing? I know everyone is sick to the back teeth of lockdown, but that’s nothing/just a phrase. We need to pray that the problem doesn’t spiral out of control because the UK is too determined to re-start life too soon... and deny the terrible risks.

Keep safe lovely GNetters. Good luck. ????????????????????????

Gelisajams Sun 10-May-20 09:14:45

Good morning from a breezy dull Morecambe Bay. Had a bike ride planned, but didn’t fancy going out in the wind with my sore ear, so am just back in from our usual walk.
Zoom church shortly, then I’m not sure what the day holds before our Sainsbury’s delivery sometime after 9pm! What a strange time for a Sunday delivery.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?