Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(61 Posts)
12Michael Sun 10-May-20 06:12:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry and bright start here this morning in Brackley .
The forecast is supposed to be changing with colder weather , but OK so far.
Got my usual Chinese last night , and will await today to see what Bee Jay says later as to lockdown becoming Lockstep .
Watch TV etc with a small shop , noticed my electric use is creeping up since lockdown.
Take Care
Mick

Bellasnana Sun 10-May-20 06:30:05

Good morning Mick, you are up bright and early as usual.

It is Mother’s Day in Malta today, in fact most of Europe celebrates it today along with the USA.

I had a lovely bouquet of flowers from DD1 and my favourite cake from DD3 and DS so feel very lucky.

It is lovely weather again today so I will sit out for my daily dose of vitamin D! Too hot to sit for long though.

Wishing all of you as good a day as possible. sunshine

Beechnut Sun 10-May-20 06:31:55

Good Morning everyone. It’s another bright start on Severnside today. Possible dull later.

My front garden is very much ‘getting there’. If the garden centres open I will be able to buy a few shrubs for the bare patches. I wouldn’t be surprised if on going to garden centre they’ll be that busy we queue and actually go in the next day ?? like the sales used to be.

A bike ride is on the agenda for today and towel washing.

Have the best day you can all ?

Ginny42 Sun 10-May-20 06:42:01

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a bright sky in Cheshire but with a chill wind at the moment. It was very warm yesterday and I spent most of the day in the garden pottering and reading. Had lunch and dinner outside but don't think I'll be sitting out today, but we'll see.

I shall be walking in the woods where the bluebells are past their best now, but still pretty. However the hawthorn blossom in the areas beyond the wood by the open fields are white with blossom like a snowfall. The ducklings and mother duck come skimming across the pond to me now and they're so comical to watch. Father watches from afar.

What shall I find to occupy myself today I wonder? I spent a long time chatting on Skype with my DD and GS yesterday, mostly about his school work, but we laughed a lot too. He has a wicked sense of humour and had created a text chat between Romeo and Juliet.

Hope everyone has the best day possible. Stay safe whatever you do. flowers for all.

NanKate Sun 10-May-20 06:49:02

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny but cooler here today in South Bucks.

The highlight of the past week for me was being allowed into Boots to pick up some eye drops and I asked if I could do some more shopping whilst there. The assistant said that it was fine. I felt like a child in a sweet shop. I bought a whole basket of shower gel, shampoo, lip salve etc the list goes on. I was the only customer in the shop. I shall be returning ?

I don’t know what our plans are today, so unlike me.

Urmstongran Sun 10-May-20 06:50:16

Sun’ up! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

I’m on my second cuppa. I’ve been sat on the balcony watching the Mediterranean and the swifts doing their acrobatics. I can smell the pine trees first thing in the morning as the sun comes up - lovely.

I’ve finished the four audiobooks I brought out with my from the library so I will have to get out my Kindle or talk to Himself today ...
?

Chicken casserole in the slow cooker for dinner with plenty of fresh veg and we will watch the tv later to see what Boris’ plans are. Spain is still being very cautious and we are two weeks ahead of the U.K. so I hope it’s just going to be baby steps and monitoring the situation.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

grandMattie Sun 10-May-20 07:13:20

Morning all. Cool and overcast in E Kent.
“Church” this morning. Then I’ll carry on with some patchwork. If we stay in lockdown much longer, this lap quilt will be finished by the end of the month, never mind the 32 pieces per square!
Roast chicken tonight - we have standards to keep up!?

Givemestrength Sun 10-May-20 07:27:17

Good morning all and thanks for the add Admin. Currently sitting in my conservatory with the cat on my lap feeling every inch a gran! Mornings are the best grin

Grammaretto Sun 10-May-20 07:28:47

Good morning folks from the Scottish Borders. It is freezing and raining here, such a change from yesterday.
I may go to virtual church - or not.
I can imagine your delight at being allowed to shop in Boots NanKate. This is the kind of thing I miss not being able to browse shops and actually having my food choices judged! or at least commented on.
How very dare they! Except that they are bringing me my shopping and looking after us so I can't complain. They mean well.

I phoned a couple of friends I haven't see for weeks and caught up on some local news gossip

The rules are different here in Scotland so I am even more confused. Luckily it's not the weather for gadding about today even if it was allowed.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 10-May-20 07:31:30

Goodmorning Mick and all x

The sky is a very pale blue light grey here in S E Essex, it doesn't feel chilly but the temperature is due to drop by approximately 15 degrees here in the South East, so the long sleeved "T" shirt will be out today.

Nothing planned other than a takeaway for dinner later as I was so focused on BBQ food for Friday and Saturday that I totally forgot to sort out a joint for Sunday Roast - bad Gran!!

Have a peaceful Sunday,

Keep safe and well folks ?

Pittcity Sun 10-May-20 07:32:04

Good morning from sunny Colchester and welcome Givemestrength. Whereabouts in the world are you?

Back to normal spring weather here but no rain in the forecast. Roast beef today.

grandMattie Sun 10-May-20 07:43:34

Forgot to mention that last evening, while getting a chicken to roast tonight, we actually found some bread mix. The first time in 8 weeks! Yay!!! ?

NotAGran55 Sun 10-May-20 07:44:37

Good morning from a cooler West Berkshire today .

I shall be potting up a few more of my veggie seeds today and tending to the ones that are already on the go . It is a bit of a novelty at the moment and I’m quite enjoying it in small doses , but I can’t imagine it will be an enduring hobby once real life returns . I don’t have the patience to wait for weeks and months....

Stay home > protect the NHS > Save lives .
Still being ignored by many for reasons best known to them .

gillybob Sun 10-May-20 07:45:06

Good morning Mick and all to follow . It’s cold, dark and wet here in the NE coast today.

Happy mother’s days to those celebrating today flowers

Stay safe and sane everyone.

Love Gillybob x

NfkDumpling Sun 10-May-20 08:00:29

Morning All

High grey cloudiness here in the north of Norfolk. There's little zephyrs moving the trees every now and again and the wind vane has gone round to the north. We're expecting your weather later this morning Gilly.

I think Australia celebrated Mother's Day yesterday? Looks like the UK is out of step. ('Du diffrunt' is the Norfolk motto!) Happy Mother's Day, Rest of the World!

Nanabanana1 Sun 10-May-20 08:04:36

Good morning everyone from sunny Torbay, doggy walk this morning and possibly pottering in the garden if it stays fine. I have missed our Gransnet Meet-ups since lock down and look forward to them starting again whenever that may be!
Hope everyone has a good day.

Nannytopsy Sun 10-May-20 08:05:50

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Pale blue/hazy grey sky this morning in Suffolk and cooler. I did an impressive job on our patio yesterday with the pressure washer, then sat on our drive with drinks in the evening sunshine. We finally got to meet some of the neighbours! Family quiz finished off the evening so a good day. Today, very little planned.
Hope everyone is well and safe today.

brook2704 Sun 10-May-20 08:08:34

Good morning all from Inverness. The good weather has definitely gone and it’s turned cloudy and much cooler.

Yesterday I had a lovely long walk from home, the usual circular circuit through the woods but I wandered off the path a bit and explored some new areas. It’s always a bit of an adventure for me as when I see a path going somewhere I always want to follow it to see where it goes !

Welcome to givemestrength and hope you enjoy this thread.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone and special thoughts with those with worries and struggles.

Take care all and keep smiling ??

Urmstongran Sun 10-May-20 08:10:33

Just been reading that the new slogan (in green, not the red ‘alert’) is to be:

Stay Alert > Control the Virus > Save Lives

Sark Sun 10-May-20 08:14:11

Good Morning.
Nice morning so far but changing later.
Lazy day for us, roast chicken for lunch, walk, see what Boris has to say later.
Best wishes to allflowers

harrigran Sun 10-May-20 08:15:09

Good morning from the NE where it is grey and drizzling.
Spent some time reading in the garden yesterday and counted at least five planes flying overhead, DH checked his flight app and he said they were mostly Amsterdam to America, give me strength ?

Caught up with VE day TV programmes, some interesting stories and the music was nice.

DD is probably returning to work tomorrow, not mandatory but as she can walk to the office and everyone has a room with a door she thinks it will be ok.

Duck breasts and stir fried vegetables for lunch.
Take care and stay safe.

Marydoll Sun 10-May-20 08:16:23

Good morning all from a cool and very breezy Glasgow.

Nothing planned today, online church, read the papers and water my seedlings, such an exciting life.
I find it difficult to sit still, but I have had a really bad night, so I'm having a guilt free rest day!

DD dropped some shopping off and a present of rocket and lettuce seeds yesterday. She is a star, she always puts a wee extra in the bag as a treat.
I already had some sown, but I knocked over the trays and the seeds went everywhere, ?so having to start all over again. ? Oh well it keeps me busy.

Bellasnana, I'm so glad to see you posting again, we have had some lovely holidays in Malta. Happy Mother's Day
Best wishes to Gilly and Dragonfly. Hoping that Cherry has had a good night and all those with troubles are OK.
Forgive me, I know someone has a broken wrist, but I can't remember which Granny and jacq1o, fingers crossed you are both in less pain. ?.
Have a good day everyone.

Puzzler61 Sun 10-May-20 08:16:24

Good morning to you all. And Happy Mother’s Day to Bellasnana.
It’s cloudy and cooler in Worcs after quite a hot one yesterday. We drove to DD1’s and she put chairs on her drive so we could talk for 15 mins. She lives less than 2 miles from us and DH walked home for his exercise.
Starting to think about pots of summer flowers now the daffs and tulips have gone over - shall look online to find somewhere that will deliver.
Make the best day you can everyone and stay safe ?

kittylester Sun 10-May-20 08:18:33

Morning all from a grey North Leicestershire. It poured with rain overnight presumably because I watered yesterday!!

We had someone come and look at changing our front garden. We currently have pots on granite chips but there is a lot of maintenance involved so we are hoping to have low maintenance beds. She will also do hedge cutting and ad hoc bits too.

On our walk yesterday we passed a neighbours house and saw her showing her elderly parents out of the front door. Why? And, shes a midwife!

Stay safe everyone!

Greyduster Sun 10-May-20 08:32:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. What a difference a day makes - torrential rain last night and cold and windy this morning. I think our walk is off today; I may be coming down with a cold (or something!) so a quiet day in prospect. I’ll crack on with the knitting project that I have recently reacquainted myself with; it might be finished by the time they lift the lockdown! Who knows? Don't hold your breath though! I made a curry yesterday which we will eat this evening. Have a good safe day folks.