Gransnet forums

Chat

You said it, matey!

(33 Posts)
merlotgran Mon 11-May-20 11:22:56

DH's health issues mean I tend to wait on him a bit too much for his own good!

Unable to do anything outside because you can hardly stand up in the wind he's mooching about (from his armchair) looking for something to do.

I had planned to spend this morning catching up with the ironing which hasn't been done since Christmas! Time flies when you're having fun. hmm

But....Himself has had me digging out the instruction manual for a water heater, ordering drill bits from Amazon, checking his prescription delivery date - in fact anything to prevent me from 'getting on.'

Good job I don't actually have the iron in my hand though as he's just requested, 'Something light for lunch please because I'm not getting much exercise at the moment!'

I've gone off ironing now. grin

phoenix Mon 11-May-20 19:43:10

Of course not, Callistemon we are so slender and sylph like that we could stand side by side on an escalator and a dog could fit between us!

You have of course seen those signs on the London Underground (Although it is years since I've travelled on it) that says "Dogs must be carried"?

The times I have spent searching for a dog, when all I had was an overnight bag and a briefcase!

JackyB Mon 11-May-20 20:22:12

It sounds as though you might pick up a few ideas from the "How to amuse my toddler grandchildren" threads.

Would audiobooks be an idea?

A bit sad, though. Always sorry to hear about grown men going downhill.

merlotgran Mon 11-May-20 20:28:32

A bit sad, though. Always sorry to hear about grown men going downhill

grin

phoenix Mon 11-May-20 20:43:16

JackyB would you care to elaborate/elucidate?

phoenix Mon 11-May-20 20:55:00

Oops, so sorry! Ignore post of 20.43 blush

Goodbyetoallthat Tue 12-May-20 03:02:19

Aah apologies Hazbeen I just skim read no plagiarism intended!

NanKate Tue 12-May-20 07:04:14

Thanks Phoenix and Maddy ??