Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(117 Posts)
12Michael Tue 12-May-20 06:10:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright sunny start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Today , whilst monitoring my weight , they it seems to go up and down by a kilo or more is snacking between meals and in the evenings.
Yesterday , my cycling magazine issues arrived in the post including back copies .
I am hoping my hair trimmer arrives soon , as I have tracked it from China to Heathrow and then through customs for just under a kilo in weight its been along journey .
Mick

Brunette10 Tue 12-May-20 08:31:15

Good Morning from Fife, it is a sunny day. Happy Birthday Harrigran I hope you have a lovely day. My thoughts are also with Gilly, it's times it was all getting sorted, I hope it's very soon. Marydoll I hope you get some respite today away from your troubles yesterday, try and relax and enjoy the sunshine. Lara from Gransnet is presently on tv talking about our forum, nice to see/hear her. Well folks I hope you all have pleasant day. Enjoy!

Greyduster Tue 12-May-20 08:32:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but it is very cool this morning. One out of two isn’t bad! A pile of ironing for me, and maybe a bit of baking. I also have to go to the pharmacy to pick up my medication at some stage.
Happy birthday, Harri, and Marmight too. Have a lovely birthday, ladies!???. Stay safe, folks.

Pantglas2 Tue 12-May-20 08:33:45

Morning all from a glorious sunny north Wales and happy birthday to harrigran and marmight flowers

Plumber coming to service the boiler and instal new towel radiator so I’ll settle down in the conservatory whilst he cracks on then wipe everything like a dervish when he goes!

Heard from a policeman that hundreds were turned away at the border last weekend and that was before the message that you can drive to exercise in England came on Sunday!

Stay safe all x

EllanVannin Tue 12-May-20 08:35:22

Good Morning All x
Bloomin' cold still with " April " showers, wouldn't be surprised if there was snow mixed with it, still, I won't be going anywhere.

This social distancing hasn't applied to my GS going to work as nothing changed and there's always been 4 in the car on his way to work with all passengers in different directions of pick-up. I only realised this yesterday, but all are safe and well. They are key workers.

_just devoured my crumpets, scrummy. Banana and strawberries later then saus. bacon and egg for " high "tea. That's today sorted.

Hope Gillybob feels slightly more human today with hopefully some results x
Happy Birthday to Harrigran x flowers
Marydoll I also hope you feel a bit easier today x Everyone with stresses and strains, chin up and stay safe. xx

NannyJosette Tue 12-May-20 08:36:16

Good morning from sunny Bristol, I have just joined gransnet.

Julto Tue 12-May-20 08:42:00

Good Morning everyone, I have just joined, this is my first ever post

Julto Tue 12-May-20 08:43:36

Me too, good morning, NannyJosette

Julto Tue 12-May-20 08:44:55

Ive just heard about this group on breakfast news so thought I would try it

Marydoll Tue 12-May-20 08:48:14

Good morning to the newbies. Take it slow and easy and find your way around.
You will find this and Soops Kitchen are the best threads to start with, kind and supportive.

Anniebach Tue 12-May-20 08:55:14

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Pittcity Tue 12-May-20 08:56:20

Good morning NannyJosette and Julto and welcome to Gransnet. Whereabouts are you Julto?

Susan56 Tue 12-May-20 08:58:17

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it’s a chilly start to the day.

Welcome to NannyJosette and Julto??

Nothing planned today,will just take the day as it comes.

Happy birthday to harrigran and marmight????

Hope today is a better day gilly.

Sending good wishes to everyone for a good day and thinking of dragonfly,BlueSapphire and all our good morning friends who are having a break.Hope you are all doing ok?

SusieB50 Tue 12-May-20 08:59:21

Good morning to all from East London. I had great difficulty in getting to sleep last night, still awake at 2am so decided to come down and have some cereal and paracetamol. It was freezing! I filled a hot water bottle and went back to bed . Not sure what helped but fell asleep and woke at 8 !
Feeling sad as not sure the holiday with my sister and family in Cornwall at the beginning of July will happen now ☹️.

Daisyboots Tue 12-May-20 08:59:23

Welcome NannyJosette and Julto. I have been a member for a while but dont post a lot partly because I am not usually up and running this early in the morning. As Marydoll says this thread and Soops kitchen are kind and supportive threads.

SusieB50 Tue 12-May-20 09:01:55

Happy Birthday toHarrigran and Marmight ?

gillybob Tue 12-May-20 09:04:47

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another cold, windy and dull start to the day. It doesn’t feel like May at all .

Spent most of yesterday hanging on the phones and Barclays even broke their own record by taking over 4hrs 40 minutes to pick up. Not that they had anything of any sense to say. Just the same old crap . It seems that despite banking with them for 26 years they need to confirm my identity . The catch is (there’s always a catch) that not just anyone in good old Barclays can do this , just one extremely illusion person that has no name and no direct number. You really couldn’t make it up. I have started to quote their scripted lines to them before they do. Its almost laughable if it were not so bloody serious. If I were halfway to going insane before I will be a complete lunatic by the time I get some sense out of Barclays.

Anyway my miserable life aside.......

A huge Gransnet Happy Birthday to Harrigran do enjoy your posh meal and champagne ? ?.

And to you too Marmight I hope you have as lovely a day as possible. flowers

Thank you for reminding us of our missing friends Marydoll . To Annsixty, Dragonfly and Auntieflo I hope you are all okay (under these awful circumstances) .

Welcome to this mind and Gentle Good Morning thread NannyJosette and to Julto . I look forward to seeing you posting often.

To everyone. I hope Tuesday is a kind enough day to us all. Do take care and let’s all be lerts.
Love Gillybob xx

gillybob Tue 12-May-20 09:06:41

Elusive person , not illusion Person . Grrrr

Urmstongran Tue 12-May-20 09:14:09

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s chucking it down! The heavy rain woke me at 5am so I rolled over and went back to sleep. Bleugh!

I thought ‘we’re in Spain and it’s more like Manchester’ (except our daughter keeps telling us what lovely weather they’re having) and then that made me think of mancgirl - she’s not posted for a while - hope all is okay there.

Seems Ryanair is starting up with 40% of flights from 1 July and customers have to bring their own masks or won’t be allowed on the plane. Fair enough it’s a budget airline. It’s nice to know we can get home if we want to from that date. Whether we choose to remains to be seen. If we keep healthy and we have glorious sunny weather I think we’ll be tempted to stay!

Many happy returns of the day harrigran. Hopefully gillybob will be able to update us with some positive news today from Barclays.

We have no slogans to follow out here so we will just continue using our common sense.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

GrannyGravy13 Tue 12-May-20 09:20:05

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Beautiful blue sky but a nip in the air.

No plans for today......I should be lazing around in Cyprus this week so whenever GrandpaGravy asks if /when I am going to do anything my answer is no I am on my holiday.

Happy Birthday harrigran and marmight ????

Welcome NannyJosette and Julto hope you enjoy GN.

Gillybob sending you a virtual hug..........banks ???

annsixty I do hope your hip is not overly painful ?
Dragonfly and Auntiflo we are missing you both ??

Keep well, safe and alert folks ?

Urmstongran Tue 12-May-20 09:24:38

Morning NannyJosette and Julto ? we also like to hear on this thread what the weather is like down your way. And the value of your house.
Joke!
?

Beechnut Tue 12-May-20 09:27:03

Have a lovely birthday Marmight ??

Beechnut Tue 12-May-20 09:29:19

Welcome to the new good morningers ?

BladeAnnie Tue 12-May-20 09:30:01

Good morning all from a sunny mid-Notts and welcome to all the new posters. As others have previously said this is a lovely, friendly and supportive thread smile. DOH was up early and put the bread maker on - it's starting to smell rather delicious. I had a bit if a wobble yesterday after speaking to DD but I'm ok again now. I managed to get a sainsbury's slot for Thursday afternoon so I need to plan our meals for the next week - such excitement!! Stay safe everyone and may Tuesday be kind to us all x

annsixty Tue 12-May-20 09:31:35

Good morning all from a dull and chilly Stockport.

Thank you for kind thoughts and good wishes.
Sadly my hip and now knee are very painful, I can only walk with a wheeled walking aid.

The GP has upped my painkillers but bone on bone does not really respond and they bring their own problems, just think, lots of prunes, apricots and kiwi fruit.

Also large doses of codeine become addictive and I may be waiting many months.
Although elective operations may start again in the near future my age is very much against me..
No more moans, have the best day you can everyone, we are forecast another sunny weekend to look forward to.

Urmstongran Tue 12-May-20 09:33:42

X posts with you gillybob. Bluddy ridiculous situation. If you weren’t on blood pressure tablets beforehand you’ll need to get checked out now ....
?
xx