Gransnet forums

Chat

Going out out

(99 Posts)
Sunlover Wed 13-May-20 09:15:22

Getting all excited. Now we are allowed to meet up with one other person my friend and I have arranged to meet on Friday. We will both drive to a secluded car park, stay in our cars, open our windows, drink tea and chat.
We haven’t seen each other since February and usually see each other 3/4 times a week. There will be tears and laughter and lots of gossip. grin

Sunlover Fri 15-May-20 15:49:51

Just back from being out out. How lovely it was too. We both burst into tears and then laughed at how soppy we are. Spent nearly 3 hrs sitting in our cars with the doors open catching up. So much to talk about after 8 weeks. Next week we are going to take some lunch and find a quiet spot where we can sit on blankets in the sunshine. Something to look forward to.
Oh and I remembered how to drive!!

GabriellaG54 Fri 15-May-20 09:31:13

I already have 3 GGC Tillypuppy
It brings home quite starkly just how ancient I am. ??
I'm sure your new status as GGM will keep you smiling for years to come. ??

Ellylanes1 Fri 15-May-20 01:53:37

Sorry last post was meant for Anrol.

Ellylanes1 Fri 15-May-20 01:43:29

This is such a sad time, words fail, thinking of you.

Tillypuppy Fri 15-May-20 00:31:35

Thank you Gabriella. My children live away, we talk a lot on the phone but home is just me and an elderly jack Russell who is lazy and happy in our cottage garden. Most of my neighbours are shielding we call each other for chats and putting the world to right. I am hoping this will not last much longer I have my first great, great grandchild arriving in September and am hoping to have a cuddle. I spend lots of time knitting.

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 23:40:25

Tillypuppy
That's extraordinary. July 21st? I bet most people who are shielding will be hopping mad at that news.
Do you have friends to chat to on the phone, family?
I know phone calls don't take the place of human contact, just being out in the world but please take every opportunity to come on here and rant or just to read how others are coping.
Take care and my very warmest good wishes to you...??

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 23:32:02

I seeee... ??️?️ well, that puts a whole new complexion on the matter, Mrs C.

Tillypuppy Thu 14-May-20 23:12:45

The new going out rules are wonderful,but for those who are in the shielding group it is a joy we can not share. No exercise is allowed and like other friends in the group I have now received a letter from the government to inform me that they are extending my shielding to July 21st.we are still locked down and not allowed out of the house, no shopping, exercise no face to face contact even at 2mtr distance. I am climbing the walls now and I am in my eighties and less active than many. Younger people must be going crazy. I fear if a new wave kicks in the shielding group will still be locked down at Christmas. I am beginning to feel like a prisoner.

Callistemon Thu 14-May-20 22:26:56

grin

No-one recognises me, though, because I was wearing one of those saber masks at the time.

Anrol Thu 14-May-20 21:05:07

‘Twas fun, tinged with sadness, reading all your plans. Thank you for your kind wishes. xx

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 20:18:49

??? for you Mrs C, ma'am...a drink of ☕...a slice of ?....?

Your ever so 'umble servant
Ms G.

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 20:11:18

Wow! Fencing chump ? sorry...champ.
Well well well, I'd better steer clear of you Mrs C. ? ??

Callistemon Thu 14-May-20 19:59:41

I am an Olympic fencing champion.
Be warned.

Daisyboots Thu 14-May-20 19:53:19

GabriellaG54 we have been back to England a couple of times each year from 2016 to 2018 so was able to see all the family then. But my ill health has stopped us visiting since then.

Missiseff Thu 14-May-20 19:27:41

Laurensnan - he shouldn't be bringing your grandchild with him

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 19:10:56

Last post to Callistemon

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 19:10:03

Maybe we can organise outdoor exercise with walking poles (I have 2 sets)
We would have to keep the current distance of 2 metres to avoid poking each other's eyes out so that's one certainty.
Something along the lines of Zumba called WPR. Zesty Muzak and lots of action.
Better than boot camp and the poles will give stability when we are doing kicks.
What do you think?
Would it get many YouTube views? A sensation?
Let's go...???

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 19:00:43

Grrr... do not go

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 18:59:34

18.58 post was to Daisyboots

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 18:58:41

I will keep ?for you both and hope that your dream comes true. 4 years is a long time.
When we can go something every day or whenever we want to, we only realise the true hole in our lives when it's no longer available to see, to touch, to listen to or to share and that goes for our pets our freedoms and possessions but most of all, above all...the ones we love.
Take care ???

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 18:29:52

?? Your cat must be a bigun...Sunlover but isn't that cruelty?

Sunlover Thu 14-May-20 18:22:50

My husband has driven my cat a couple of times and apparently we have something called a trickle charger. All very technical ?? but am assured car will start.

Daisyboots Thu 14-May-20 18:14:22

Thank you for coming back and describing your lovely day GabriellaG54 . What a great day for you both and well worth the drive.

One of my DDs messaged me this afternoon feeling very emotional because she was watching A Place in the Sun and it featured places near us on the Silver Coast in Portugal. She hasnt been able to come for a visit since 2016 and had plans to come this summer with her youngest daughter. Now we are hoping that things may be better by October half term holiday. ??

Things are difficult for everyone at the moment so all we can do is keep safe.

Callistemon Thu 14-May-20 17:48:40

Oh, thank you.

You are obviously not an old crustie!

Anyone who calls me one has to beware of my Nordic walking poles, I have an excellent swing.

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 17:45:12

FOGO
Frightened Of Going Out