Gransnet forums

Chat

The Old Argy Bargy Bar.....a new lease of life!

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 16:48:08

Ah, it brings a tear to the eye, look at the old place.It’s just as it was on the day we moved out, it’s a bit dusty....cough cough though.

Puzzler61 Tue 11-Aug-20 23:10:36

3 down, 33 to go. ? ? ? ? ? ?

You were right Peardrop we’ve got (or did have) pink and lilac toilet rolls out the back. .......

Must ask lemon to put loo rolls on the cash + carry list next time Kev goes.

AGAA4 Wed 12-Aug-20 15:00:01

Love the cakes Puzzler. Make sure the Admiral doesn't get to them first. He will gobble the lot!

I have ordered a long floaty dress in zebra print. As it is coming from the same shop that sent me the llama I am a bit worried.

I don't want Doodle being chased down Pigstrotters again.

lemongrove Wed 12-Aug-20 15:04:59

Wow! Puzzler well done, just the sort of thing to give us all a massive sugar rush, we may not need the magic mushrooms from the cellar or the oregano spliffs ( but we could have all of them.....should be interesting.)?????

lemongrove Wed 12-Aug-20 15:07:15

AGA if you receive an actual zebra instead of a dress, it’s def not coming into the bar! So think on.
Fab groovy flowers Puzzler.....but don’t use all the bog rolls please.

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 15:09:38

Well our tickets for the night promise to “blow your mind” back to the Flower Power era, so we need to give punters the whole experience of a Festival experience - do you agree lemon ?
Magic Mushroom Central!!

lemongrove Wed 12-Aug-20 15:10:17

My dark wig has shrunk in the wash!? It’s now a sort of George Best hairstyle! I knew I should have worn my specs when I threw it in the machine with the towels on a 90 wash cycle.

lemongrove Wed 12-Aug-20 15:12:18

Yes Puzzler but The Argy always attempts to blow your mind anyway ,that’s what vat aged ( 2 days) poteen is supposed to do.

lemongrove Wed 12-Aug-20 15:14:13

Am thinking about songs for the karaoke....Mellow Yellow?
If You’re Going To San Francisco? Lucy In The Sky ( with diamonds) ?

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 15:14:35

Oh dear, is it more of a Fu Manchu mustache?

AGAA4 Wed 12-Aug-20 15:16:22

I am hoping I will just get a dress this time but these beasts llamas and zebras have minds of their own.

I have warned Thor not to bring the llama on Friday. He has got quite fond of it.

500 oregano spliffs made and there will be plenty of tequila surprise by Friday. Just got to go and pick more mint from the scrubland at the back of the Argy.

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 15:16:40

Good Vibrations?, Itchycoo Park, Whiter Shade of Pale ?

AGAA4 Wed 12-Aug-20 15:21:42

I will give my rendition of 'California Dreamin' at closing time. That should empty the bar.

lemongrove Wed 12-Aug-20 15:25:14

We could perform a duet of it AGA I used to be able to sing every word of it.Do you have a fine baritone voice?

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 15:29:41

Have we got room for my beetle in here?
Should have room if we don’t let the llama (or a blooming Zebra) in.

AGAA4 Wed 12-Aug-20 15:40:30

I am more of a tenor Lemon. Alfie Boe has nothing on me but I may be a baritone after 20 spliffs and a pint of poteen.

I wouldn't bring the Beetle Puzzlerfine car though it is as it wont last long at the Argy.

Doodle Wed 12-Aug-20 20:06:10

Fantastic cakes puzzler beautiful colours. Hope they give everyone a warm floaty feeling.
Nice flowers too.
No, no zebras. The llamas were bad enough. Please no zebras.
lemon I’m not sure that wig should be worn quite where you are wearing it. ?. If you are going to wear it there, at least tie it up a bit so you don’t trip over it when you’re dancing.
No puzzler. No zebras and no insects.
Daydream believer, Magic (mushroom) carpet ride. Or my theme tune .....Born to be wild ?

lemongrove Wed 12-Aug-20 20:12:50

Born to be wild Doodle ? Really? You are normally asleep and snoring away by 9pm in a comfy chair in the corner of the bar.

lemongrove Wed 12-Aug-20 20:13:46

I was wearing my newly short wig as a sporran btw, I keep my hankies in it.

lemongrove Wed 12-Aug-20 20:16:42

I shaved my head for the hot weather....I shall have to wear a flowery scarf tied in a gypsy way on my bonce for Friday.
Am too hot tonight to even ogle Thor ( who is only wearing short shorts behind the bar.)☹️

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 20:21:46

If this heat persists I may join you in shaving my head.
I expect Harry Krishna has his shaved too.

Thor in shorts could look as enticing as David Beckham in his y fronts - but I couldn’t bear to think of any skin-on-skin contact until I stop this incessant sweating!

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 20:24:12

Good work AGA on making all those spiffs - you must have worked like a pro!
Make sure you don’t let Kev or Thor know where they are until Friday.

Doodle Wed 12-Aug-20 21:57:03

lemon I know Thor is only wearing shorts behind the bar but do you think it’s a good idea for him to be naked the rest of the time? ?. He’s been getting some strange looks from the punters and puzzler’s getting herself worked up into a right sweat. ?

AGAA4 Thu 13-Aug-20 14:53:51

Thor and Kev have decided it's too hot for clothes so will be serving naked. I have made them little French Maid pinnies to preserve their modesty and to stop any unseemly scuffles with overheated patrons.

My zebra dress is out of stock so they said they will send me a leopard one. I will see what turns up.

Puzzler61 Thu 13-Aug-20 16:06:39

I’ve found an alternative to clothes - just winding a flower garland round me like a sari. Seems to work well .....

Puzzler61 Thu 13-Aug-20 16:08:11

I’ve been making posters for the bar walls all morning,
hope you’re happy with them.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion