Gransnet forums

Chat

The Old Argy Bargy Bar.....a new lease of life!

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 16:48:08

Ah, it brings a tear to the eye, look at the old place.It’s just as it was on the day we moved out, it’s a bit dusty....cough cough though.

Puzzler61 Thu 13-Aug-20 16:08:47

Peace

AGAA4 Thu 13-Aug-20 16:09:08

Puzzler I hope all those petals don't fall off in this heat.

Puzzler61 Thu 13-Aug-20 16:09:40

& Love

Puzzler61 Thu 13-Aug-20 16:11:11

Wrong way round, I was trying out a slippery nipple while working on them . Not strong enough ..... ?

lemongrove Thu 13-Aug-20 18:17:19

Well done Puzzler they brighten up the bar a bit.....not sure about the whole flower sari thing though, be sure to wear your vest and knickers under it in case they wilt in the heat.
We have made a fortune today....once customers got wind of the bar staff only wearing tiny pinnies we have had crowds in here today ( rubs hands happily)?
Have made another cocktail for you all to try,( when you tire of slippery nipples) here it is, ta dah! A ‘hippy hippy shake’ it’s
A mix of pernod, poteen, with a dash of milk of magnesia (found at the back of the cupboard) it’s pretty brutal!
Have lined a few up on the bar for you.?????

Puzzler61 Thu 13-Aug-20 18:39:05

They are brutal ? but they will go down a storm lemon.
I’ve just had one and a chaser (so 2) - and I can see why they’re called that, my hips do want to shake!!!

lemongrove Thu 13-Aug-20 21:11:19

It’s the legs that go Puzzler so find a comfy chair, we don’t want you laid up ( if you will excuse the expression) tomorrow as we need all hands on deck.....don’t Fridays come around fast?

lemongrove Thu 13-Aug-20 21:12:36

I have made myself a wig from some yarn I had left over, it’s a mix of purple and orange......groovy baby yeah!

lemongrove Thu 13-Aug-20 21:13:40

Let’s play the Austin Powers music tomorrow......we can shimmy into the bar to it.

Doodle Thu 13-Aug-20 21:38:11

Er lemon, that bottle of milk of magnesia at the back of the cupboard is actually some left over white emulsion from when we painted the ceiling. Don’t spose it matters though. Punters will have freshly decorated innards. ?
Great pictures Puzzler .
AGA the little pinnies were a good idea except that Kev is wearing his the wrong way round and lets face it, Thor’s is just not big enough. ?

lemongrove Thu 13-Aug-20 23:15:50

That’s not what I’ve heard ( about Thor)?

Puzzler61 Thu 13-Aug-20 23:23:03

I found these in my Rocky Horror show dress up trunk.
I know it’s the wrong era I thought Kev and Thor might look sweet if they were matching, give them a corporate look?
They could certainly shimmy to Austin Powers in them too.

Puzzler61 Thu 13-Aug-20 23:24:05

Do you think they’ll fit into them?

Chewbacca Thu 13-Aug-20 23:26:48

Oh my eyes! shock

Lins1066 Thu 13-Aug-20 23:47:11

Slinking back into the bar, been AWOL for a few weeks, don't ask, long story - last heard of with some foreign legion chappies from French France who gate crashed during French night.
So Sixties Night? Went to a PTA sixties night once, come on let's twist again, never been the same since. Can we have some Beach Boys' classics on the karaoke? And Dave Clarke Five ? I'm Feeling - boom boom- Glad All Over? after all these spliffs I probably will be. And Dolly Parton, was she in the Sixties?? Can't remember, you know what they say, if you can't remember the sixties you were there - is that right? Can't remember ?

Doodle Fri 14-Aug-20 00:56:22

lins I thought you’d been left on some desert island ? somewhere. It’s about time you came back to do your share of the cleaning ?
puzzler you know chewy is a delicate soul. She’s fainted at the shock of seeing the boys in their matching pants.........or is she just laying on the floor so she can get a better look ?

Lins1066 Fri 14-Aug-20 01:52:36

So that's who I tripped over on the way in, chewy's eyes were open I noticed.

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 09:24:54

lemon do we need to move the Argy to a new thread?

We’re on page 40 of 40 so we’ll get cut off at some point? ?

Chewbacca Fri 14-Aug-20 09:29:04

we’ll get cut off at some point?

Won't be the first time! Gas.. cut off. Leccy.... cut off. Water...... cut off....... Beer..... cut off. Rent..... been evicted more times than I've had hot dinners. dreadful financial management in this bar

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 10:54:38

?

Doodle Fri 14-Aug-20 11:23:58

Right cooler today so I’m in early. In preparation for our move I have chained myself to Thor and Kev and George so they don’t get lost in transit (well that’s my excuse anyway ?)
I’ve put the Admiral in a wheelbarrow and told the Captain he has to push him to the new place. I’ve emptied the bins and cleaned the worktops. Now lemon get your act together and shift us as we have to get to the new place in time to get ready for flower power nite.

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 12:15:01

Hi Doodle , glad you’re taking care of the gents,
lem- Monnnnnnnnn !!! Where are you? (shouting over PA system)

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 13:42:53

No need to shout, am here already ( out the back having a swift one) and no need to panic either.....we can stay here, I have negotiated with the landlord for a new lease!
Am getting all things ready for the big night as a certain US President says....’it’s gonna be great!’

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 13:49:36

Wow Puzzler do those belong to Goldmember?

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 13:50:26

Oh I do like having the last word! ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion