Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Sun 17-May-20 06:10:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking likes its just about to brighten up ,and have a reasonable warm day.
Today, I have got up washed, shaved ,showered and weighed myself.
I always take my electric meter reading on a Sunday, and do a weekly usage comparison .
Mind you its creeping up slightly as I am using more, under normal circumstances it would not be the case.
Take Care ,
Mick

Brunette10 Sun 17-May-20 08:22:09

Good Morning from a dull and damp Fife, not a good start today and the first we've got up to weather like this in a long time. However we must carry on. I think I shall clean the fridge out and some cupboards too once again. I've been collecting baking stuff that I would not normally have in my cupboards so will have a wee tidy up. Happy Birthday Ginny cupcake cafe hope you have a good day. Not sure how the day will go but I'm starting it with gusto! Have a good day, if you can and chin up.

gillybob Sun 17-May-20 08:23:09

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another grey and cold start to the day.

Did a bit of pottering in the garden yesterday then queued outside my local DIY shop (not B&Q) to get some washers for my washbasin which had developed a bit of a leak from the waste . It’s amazing what you can learn from YouTube .

Had a chat with my son last night and he was telling me all about his girls looking after the horses (absolutely allowed in the lockdown before anyone jumps on me) .
My elder DGD has been given her first young show pony to “produce” and she’s over the moon. She doesn’t own it or pay for its keep but she will get a split of the profits if/when it’s sold so it’s a win win situation for her. She is an absolute natural around horses having being riding since she could sit up .

Nothing planned for today except maybe a little walk on my beach later .

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Ginny I hope you have the best day possible .

To everyone else, do take care and don’t forget to be a lert .

Love Gillybob x

Pittcity Sun 17-May-20 08:30:39

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The heating will be going off again this week.
We have roast chicken today.
There are lots of lovely walks from here but after two months I crave a change.
Happy birthday Ginny?

Gingster Sun 17-May-20 08:33:52

A sunny and beautiful good morning from the Suffolk coast. Yesterday turned out disappointing weatherwise but hopefully today will be glorious.

Our little cafe on the beach re opened for takeaways yesterday and we toddled down to get fish and chips which I had been longing for. Not too many people about and they had it well organised. Brought them back and ate it in the summerhouse out of the box. Just lovely!

My almost 18 yr old GD messaged me last evening and said shall we watch BGT together Nanna? So we FaceTimed through it. We always watched it together when she came to stay for the weekend and we would snuggle up on the sofa with popcorn and chocolate . The show was absolutely dire but ‘spending time ‘ with her was magic. Oh no - watery eyes. ?.

Have a lovely birthday GINNY Enjoy it whatever you do. ?

URMSTONGRAN - your neighbour will really miss you when you come home. Youv e been a life saver for her. ?

SCENTIA - what a nuisance for you having to re submit. All your experience and they want more and more from you. ?

Enjoy the sun those who have it. Enjoy a cosy day indoors those who don’t. ?

Bellasnana Sun 17-May-20 08:36:17

Marydoll ❤️??

Happy birthday to Ginny.flowers

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 17-May-20 08:36:30

Good morning from east London, clouds have started to come over what was a bright sky earlier. Just been looking at a Facebook page where someone has posted photos from when I was at school; has certainly got the memories racing. Chilli seedlings to plant up as they’re getting very leggy and I am required to go through assorted boxes that have been sitting in the side walkthrough. Watched the replacement Eurovision show last night and enjoyed it, much better without the voting. Hope to see DD and family later plus couple of phone calls to make. Have a good day

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 17-May-20 08:37:01

And happy birthday Ginny.

Mapleleaf Sun 17-May-20 08:43:55

Morning all.

It's rather dull here today, though a small patch of blue sky has just appeared, so fingers crossed it will brighten up a bit.

Many happy returns of the day, ginny. I hope you enjoy your day, whatever you end up doing. ???

Not sure yet what I'll be doing today, apart from prepping tonight's dinner in a bit. (Lamb shank today).

Keep safe everyone.

gma Sun 17-May-20 08:46:40

Lovely start to the day today! Heating gone off! Automatic. Windows in greenhouse are already open! Blue tits flying in and out of box on the side of the shed,
Shopping delivered yesterday by DIL and granddaughter was there also, at a safe distance obviously! My word she has grown so much in last 8 weeks! She is nearly as tall as her mum now! Just needing a hug now! So grateful to our children for all their help and support recently! Thank goodness they live close by (but not too close!!) Just hope the general populus remain sensible today and don’t flock to the local coast! We’ve all done so well, let’s just carry on and finish the job. We are staying at home, usual walk of course but being sensible! Huge respect and thanks to all NHS staff, key workers, supermarket staff, posties, delivery drivers, dustmen and Carers of course.
Ps will be so glad to get my hair cut, looking like the witch of Norwich now!! Will go to hairdressers with bag on head!
Have a good day gnetters!

kittylester Sun 17-May-20 08:48:33

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is a little less bright than when dragonfly posted.

I have a John Lewis return to do at the local Waitrose- which I think means I can ignore the queue.

While we are out we are going to get some eggs from a farm gateway with an honesty box. Then deliver them to DS2. Not seen him for ages so it's a good excuse!

Roast pork, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese and peas for dinner.

Many happy returns Ginny, I'm a Capricorn so compatible with you, Marydoll and Urmston.

Largolass Sun 17-May-20 08:48:41

Good Morning from a dull and damp Fife don't think I'll be out walking today so will catch up with some reading.
Having an Afternoon tea box delivered from a local coffee shop as a wee treat so looking forward to that and I'll have a glass of wine.
Urmston delighted for you I have friends in Playamar who are out walking along the Paseo each morning and sending me lots of sunrise pics wish I was there as I missed out on my April holiday. I enjoy walking in Batteria park so quiet and peaceful.
Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday

Greyduster Sun 17-May-20 08:55:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A grey day in South Yorkshire but a tad warmer. I have a couple of letters to write today - actual ones that you post! Not emails! I can’t remember the last time I sent a letter through the post. A banana loaf is on the agenda, and a roast chicken dinner later.
Have a lovely birthday, Ginny???! Enjoy your Sunday any way you can folks.

Anniebach Sun 17-May-20 08:58:14

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Lins1066 Sun 17-May-20 09:00:19

Good Morning Mick and all, our part of the S Welsh coast is cloudy this morning. Will read the papers and prepare some fresh veg, stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in Parma ham for later.
A very Happy Birthday to you Ginny ??? have a good day.
We have blue tits in a box on our shed wall too gma, they are already eyeing up the, as yet, green cherries on the tree. We've a few other nesting birds in the ivy, and in the large conifer.
Have as good a day as you can and stay safe.

NannyJan53 Sun 17-May-20 09:04:34

Good morning from a cloudy Black Country. It was so cold yesterday, so hope it warms up today.

Happy Birthday Ginny cupcake wine flowers wishing you the best day possible.

I did venture out last Thursday to pay in a cheque. Bank door was locked, and had to wait to be let in. First time out since lockdown began. It all felt so strange, most people avoiding each other, yet a little old lady came direct towards me and I had to walk in the road!

FB came up with a memory today of our trip to Rome 7 years ago! It was a trip for our first anniversary together. I wonder if we will ever be able to go back?

So pleased your lockdown is slowly easing Urmston, and you are such a good neighbour, can you come and live next door to us smile

No real plans today. Carry on reading my book. Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon. Roast chicken for dinner, and make chicken soup tomorrow!

cornergran Sun 17-May-20 09:04:38

Popping back to wish ginny a very happy birthday. ???

Nannytopsy Sun 17-May-20 09:06:46

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It’s a lovely day in Suffolk today and there are plants to be potted on!
Lots of roast chickens out there today! We shall have that tomorrow. Today is monkfish from the fishmonger at the local nursery. Having seen the bananas in yesterday’s grocery delivery, I shall be making banana loaf too!
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Sun 17-May-20 09:07:24

Happy Birthday Ginny!

Grammaretto Sun 17-May-20 09:19:59

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. Not looking to be a nice day here. If only we could get a proper downpour and then warm sunshine.......oh wait a minute I think I'm in the wrong country for that.

The Lily of the Valley are blooming in the garden with their amazing fragrance. These are for you Ginny while your birthday celebrations are on hold.

I skipped online zoom church last week and my absence was noted! I had better show up this morning.

So many things are suggested we do under Lockdown and really why can't we just be lazy?

We had a wonderful zoom international family quiz last night.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Urmstongran Sun 17-May-20 09:22:25

kittylester ??

Urmstongran Sun 17-May-20 09:27:55

? thanks NannyJan and my neighbour is only a Sagittarian haha!!

Gelisajams Sun 17-May-20 09:28:18

Good morning and Happy Birthday Ginny from a cool cloudy Morecambe Bay.
Am just back from my bike ride. I seem to be going a bit faster now and manage not to get off and walk up the slightest gradient! The bike does have gears, it’s me that doesn’t have energy!
Zoom church service shortly then I need to plant the cosmos and lavertera which have been growing from seed in my little plastic greenhouse.
Then maybe attach the dress top to the skirt I’m in the middle of sewing.
Take care and stay safe everyone. ?

Grandmafrench Sun 17-May-20 09:29:55

Good Morning everyone from warm and blue ??.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ????? Ginny - have a very good day and secretly plan an amazing bash for the next one ?

Easy day today, little gardening, little weeding, little reading, little sewing ...... and lots of sunbeams and stretching out on our garden chairs, lots of cushions, lots of tea, coffee, cold drinks, lots of plans for next week, and lots of shared laughs with friends on the phone.

A lot of very little really, but we’re so glad to be well and we’ll make it count.

Happy Sunday to all of you ‘lerts. ?Please stay safe and aware. x

gillybob Sun 17-May-20 09:39:55

I’m a Capricorn too Kittylester would loved to have been a Taurus and actually had a birthday, instead of being born a few days after Christmas when everyone was always broke . grin

hulahoop Sun 17-May-20 09:42:30

Good morning from Yorkshire it's overcast at the moment .
Happy birthday Ginny, it's beef for us today with roasties and veg .take care everyone and stay aware ?