Gransnet forums

Chat

The most embarrassing moment of my life!

(131 Posts)
dontmindstayinghome Thu 21-May-20 11:35:33

Have you ever had one of those moments when you are so embarrassed that you just want to curl up and die?

Well, it has just happened to me!

I was sitting on the toilet when I realised the window cleaner was approaching the bathroom window. Too late to move.

The window was open but the blind was half way down so I sat very still in the hope that he wouldn't notice me.

No such luck, he shouted Hiya love, as he slammed the window shut whilst he cleaned it!

It gets worse....
when he finished the rest of the windows he came back to the bathroom, opened the window and shouted through - do you want to pay me now love?

Oh the shame!!

Cs783 Mon 25-May-20 11:05:36

I’m hoping this sweet thread stays live. I keep popping back to read a few more posts. Thanks everyone for sharing and keep posting!

BelindaB Mon 25-May-20 12:08:55

Last year I spent a week at a wonderful "boutique" hotel in Bournemouth. Staff could not have been more helpful and had even given me the only ground floor room at no extra cost (I walk with a stick and cannot manage stairs).

First day there I arrived late and walked up to the main street looking for a restuarant (I was starving) but could find nothing but convenience "fast food" places. I should have known better because that stuff does not agree with me but I was so hungry that eventually, I decided on a meal in the Kentucky place.

I had meant to walk back but only got across the road before my tummy started to rebel....managed to perch on a wall and flag down a taxi, got back to the hotel and could not make the electronic key work!

Queue at reception, my bowel began to protest and so I pushed to the front... receptionist "re-registered" my key, I shuffled down the hallway - and it still would not work!

By now utterly desperate, I got half way back to reception before bursting into tears and only then did one of the bar staff come over and open the door for me...just too late.

Bloody electronic keys do not like me!

storynanny Mon 25-May-20 22:42:06

I’ve remembered another!
Some years ago the two of us went out for quite a long cycle ride. Nearly home we stopped at a pub and sat on an outside bench
I went in and asked for 2 cups of tea, ok said a man behind the bar I’ll bring them out
When they arrived I asked how much I owed and he said “ nothing, we are closed for refurb and I’m the electrician”
Very embarrassed we were!

Naini4 Tue 26-May-20 10:10:38

That time when I was a student. I had to tell my tutor I would need to be absent for a day to have a small biopsy. He asked where. Without delay my mouth replied without my brain "my vag" ... he went very pink as he said "No, I meant which hospital"

Naini4 Tue 26-May-20 11:46:36

Ah. I wasn't on the loo at the time. Nether regions embarrassment. Guess it doesn't count. And
really didnt say 'vag,' honestly. I meant to type vag... with the dots following, sorry!