Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Ev'ning Saturday

(5 Posts)
Megs36 Fri 22-May-20 20:02:51

More memories Rufus ?
I had two holidays at Butlins , Clacton, late 50s, I remember how worried my mum was ... can’t think why!
Still not worked out SOL, askMrs Bruce.
As to a scooter Rufus,can’t even ride a push bike.
Cheers,Good weekend.???

AGAA4 Fri 22-May-20 16:30:39

Rufus. I believed you when you said it was Saturday! For a few minutes.
It is Groundhog day every day now as each day is much the same. Not that each day isn't interesting. I have seen some peregrine falcons flying over and the rabbits have taken over the car park as we are not going out. So small differences.

Sussexborn Fri 22-May-20 15:45:19

Gave me a shock there Rufus. OH and I sometimes have to turn on a computer or tv to check what day it is since lockdown! I thought I must have slept a day away!

The weather has been unseasonably hot recently and I think the North and Scotland are getting rain and strong winds today. It’s meant to be heating up again from Sunday onwards and good for the bank holiday on Monday. Which means more dimwits heading for crowded spots to see if they can outface the virus.

I quite like the hot days and cooler evenings - a comfortable combination for me. Especially now I don’t have to work in it!

Rufus2 Fri 22-May-20 15:31:46

Good Evening Sat'Day?? We're not there yet, so you're definitely not! Blame it on those boozers on that other thread! hmm
OoRoo

Rufus2 Fri 22-May-20 15:25:54

Good Evening Friday
Another busy week-end coming up trying to keep warm! Only 13C and the same Sat and Sun. I don’t need to know beyond that. sad
Your weather reports seem rather spasmodic around the place; maybe the Monday Bank Holiday will see a difference, but people working at home won’t notice much difference I suppose and there might be a risk of them not noticing and keep on working through Monday!
Doodle You say you live near Slough? We actually lived at Cippenham just West of S. opposite the Trading Estate, during the war More memories! Remember how we (kids) were scrounging in bins round the back of the Mars factory after we’d discovered that misshapen Milky Ways and Maltesers were being dumped. The constabularly put a stop to that and we avoided being deported to OZ because the “war was on!” grin

Megs Hope you’re less wobbly today Have you thought of getting an electric mobility scooter like Annie? They’re marvellous, at least when the weather is kind. I’m not sure if I’d be allowed out on Freda seeing as how I’m over 75 and there isn’t a “rule” about them!
How you going deciphering “SOL”? It’s just a more specific form of your euphemism; hope you’ve rid yourself of that feeling.
Sarfend-on-sea with a mile-long pier! Thought they might have blown it up during the war.
Evoked more Essex memories recalling a holiday at Butlins , Clacton -on Sea.
They were a revelation just after the war and had a reputation too! Happy Days! shock
It’s now Sat’Day again.
Take care and Good Health.
Cheers wine wine wine