Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Sat 23-May-20 06:13:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another warm day starting here in Brackley with some wind as well.
Today , a quiet day with a short walk after breakfast .
Something I am missing is eating out and having a fried breakfast .
Not today but following those guidelines , I am tempted to get on a bus visit a supermarket elsewhere and get the next bus back ,as I am a non car driver its the only option .
But the 2m distancing could see people I know not being able to sit near but talk lets see next week.
Take Care
Mick

gillybob Sat 23-May-20 06:25:57

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start to Saturday but it’s very windy again .

Yesterday we had gale force winds of over 55mph . Some of the plants in my garden are completely wrecked and my poor little tree has lost masses of leaves .

I’ve been waiting for you to open Mick as I have barely slept all night having had a pretty rotten day yesterday . I’m starting to wonder what else anyone can throw at me .

Yesterday’s gem was a letter saying I had been fined by the Pensions Regulator for paying the workplace pensions late during the time my DH was in hospital at the end of last year. A telephone call confirmed that they were all paid up to date but the fact that they were late at the end of last year makes for an automatic fine of £400. I have appealed but feel that it will be a complete waste of my time as the lady in the telephone pretty much admitted.

I would laugh if I didn’t feel like crying . I have 3 employees left these days and I am forced to pay a pension for them but can’t afford to pay for one for DH or myself . I really can’t take much more cr@p . I must’ve been a really bad person in my previous life or else someone has got a voodoo doll and they’re hell bent on finishing me off . Well they’re succeeding .

Sorry I am being a complete misery again .

I hope everyone has a good Saturday. Stay safe and well.
Love Gillybob x

grandMattie Sat 23-May-20 06:31:42

Morning!
Oh, gilly what can one say? How appalling for, especially as it seems so pointless and vengeful. I so hope it gets sorted soon. Yet another “last straw”! I hope there will be no more.
Chilly and hazy her in E Kent. A cooler day and calmer.
I washed the curtains front the rooM the decorators are painting and foolishly put them on the rotary drier. Naturally the wind blew it over. Thankfully, they didn’t get too dirty and I was able to brush the mud off.
Hope today brings serenity. Stay safe and well.

Beechnut Sat 23-May-20 06:32:26

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. A bright start today and the wind has calmed down.

We will gradually move on Mick. To start with it will be different but we will move on. My thoughts and fears are different to the ones I had at the end of March.

As I could write my name in the dust on the tele stand I think I ought to do some cleaning today and some crafting.

Enjoy the holiday weekend and stay safe ??

Oldbutstilluseful Sat 23-May-20 06:36:03

Dear Gillybob, as someone who reads but rarely posts, I have been aware of your terrible problems which have gone on for so long. My heart breaks time and again for you. You are so far from being a bad person. I just can’t understand why life is so awful for you. I send love and fervent hopes for better things from Hampshire/Surrey borders xxx

cornergran Sat 23-May-20 06:38:43

Morning Mick, morning All. Looks very windy in our corner of Somerset, rain promised later. I’m shocked gilly, not at the automatic fine produced by a computer programme, but by an appeal not resulting in the fine being cancelled. I wish I could sort it for you, all I can do is send a virtual hug along with my love. It sounds as if you’re wanting to spread your wings a bit mick, please be cautious, sadly not everyone is thoughtful of others. Admin for me today, achey after some over enthusiastic shrub/tree reduction involving a ladder yesterday. Mr C has offered to do the ironing, no you can’t borrow him grin. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, stay safe.

Beechnut Sat 23-May-20 06:42:04

Oh gilly. As soon as I saw you had posted early I guessed you’d had bad night. Sending you a hug x

Ginny42 Sat 23-May-20 06:48:34

Good morning Mick and everyone. After the windiest day I can remember for a long time it's relatively calm and sunny in Cheshire. I expect there will be branches down in the nearby wood.

I think it all depends on keeping the distances Mick. You can speak to people you know, you just can't sit by them on the bus.

I had my supermarket delivery yesterday evening and had the oven on and the potatoes par boiled ready to pop in to roast for when I'd finished washing everything. I opened the turkey steaks and wrapped one in bacon and popped it in the oven. Took out some frozen black cherries and got on with the unpacking and when all was done the broccoli when on and voila! Dinner was ready. Dessert was the cherries and soya ice cream which had just arrived.

I got two bags of flour yesterday, so I'll be busy later! The scone supply had dried up and I'm going to make banana flapjacks and some plum jam.

Take great care out and about everyone. Warm wishes to those with sickness and worries. flowers for all.

gillybob Sat 23-May-20 06:49:15

It gets worse corner apparently they sent an email to an unused email address back in January despite confirming that my name and email address were their only point of contact . No letters at all. They are adding £50 a day (yes a day) onto the fine .

I really can’t take much more and daren’t even share this with my DH. Talk about looking after your mental health ? What a joke.

Puzzler61 Sat 23-May-20 07:05:11

Good morning Mick and all from Worcs. The last 24 hours has been ridiculously windy but warm.

Yesterday DH had to stake a young tree that was swaying wildly to fro; pretty solar bulbs were dropping out of trees; garden chairs were doing somersaults (not literally).
While DH was out the postman came and as we stood chatting a big sheet of polystyrene whirled from over the neighbour’s fence and wrapped itself around the postie’s legs! Neighbour was running behind it to try and catch it - it was like a scene from a Benny Hill caper.
Told DH and he looked through our security camera film and found it. We both laughed. Postie had found it funny too.

Young Cosmos plants arrived yesterday from Hayloft. . All were strong and healthy - except one. I gave Hayloft a call and a young man said he’ll send 2 more promptly. I’ve ordered a lavender collection from them too and look forward to receiving those next month.

A local walk today, phone calls to family, and a bit of anything I fancy, sewing, crossstitch, reading or jigsaw. No housework.
A meal of some sort this evening and a film we’ve recorded.

Mick I think leave the bus trip for now. I wouldn’t risk it for a non-essential journey. People who have to use buses are the ones without cars who have to go to work and at possibly have a high risk of being transmitters of the virus.

gillybob I’ve pm’d you.

Stay safe everyone and have a good Saturday ?

Urmstongran Sat 23-May-20 07:08:46

Sun’s up - but the shine isn’t the same after reading your posts gillybob. I’m so very sorry for you. This is terrible news as it comes on top of all your other worries.
?
Could you ask your sister and father for financial help? I would.

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another gorgeous day ahead ?

My sister and her husband live in Hale, Cheshire Gilly42 not a million miles from your neck of the woods. Anyway, she rang me yesterday. She’d been stressed because they plan to move out to Spain, further along the coast, near Estapona. They had put a huge deposit on a new build penthouse apartment and felt under the cosh because they are under contact and need to send the balance in a few weeks’ time, then lockdown meant they couldn’t put their house up for sale. They were able to advertise on line on Tuesday and yesterday they’d had 3 viewings and have sold it to a doctor for the full asking price! As they say, it only takes one buyer! Huge relief for her.

Hope Saturday is kind to us all. Including and especially you gillybob. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

cornergran Sat 23-May-20 07:16:42

Speechless now gilly. It’s beyond irrational. I can understand you not wanting to share more worries with your husband, but is there someone you can share this with? Of course tell us , we’ll always listen, not the same as an instant, supportive response though. I know nothing about the workings of the Pensions Regulator, there has to be an answer to this, I can only hope someone here has knowledge and can advise. Another hug.

Scentia Sat 23-May-20 07:17:58

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. The sun has got his hat on but the wind is strong. After taking the pooch out for an amble by the river, I am off for a covid test this morning, something work have organised.
Then off to shopping as we have absolutely no food in the house.

Gilly. Whether it is accepted or not I would go online and apply for a review of your fine, it will give you 6 weeks grace at least. Go on to the pensions regulator website to put in your application online. I think, as you caught up with payments before being asked to it will be looked at favourably.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 23-May-20 07:25:05

Good morning from east London, bright, almost blue sky but strong breeze that’s keeping the temperature down. Not sure what is happening today. DP had wanted to go to Southend to tidy up the house (aka move all the stuff we can’t take to the tip into the garage) so it looks a bit better for any estate agent photos but he wants to finish our side walkthrough first. It was DB3’s 55th birthday yesterday and he posted some lovely photos of his walk on the beach with DS2, who’d provided a birthday picnic. They may have looked windswept with coats fully fastened up but I wish I could have been there. Then again, I did have a game of tennis yesterday morning and minimal queues when I went shopping in the evening. Hope you have a good day

brook2704 Sat 23-May-20 07:26:29

Good morning everyone from a wet and very windy Inverness. Everything is still being battered by the strong wind so I’ll be out in the garden later clearing up the debris

gilly what can I say - it’s one thing after another and I feel so much for you. I wish I could help but I know I can’t so I’m just sending a big hug and positive thoughts your way. I really hope things get better for you soon ❤️❤️❤️

Take care everyone and hope the weekend goes well ?

flowerlover Sat 23-May-20 07:30:32

Good morning from a grey and very windy Co Antrim. I don't often post but try to read this thread when I can. I too have following Gillybobs's many crises and wish I could wave a magic wand to help her.
I am feeling so sad as my DD's much loved dog had to be put to sleep yesterday and I can't drive to see her and her family and give them a hug. It is a funny world.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 23-May-20 07:48:44

Goodmorning Mick and all x

gillybob I am absolutely speechless, what has your accountant said? I truly hope that you can have this fine overturned.

Blue sky and breezy here in S E Essex.

No plans for today.

Keep safe and well folks ?

Marydoll Sat 23-May-20 07:59:32

Good morning all from a wet and wild Glasgow.

I'm so sad reading your post Gilly' Life has been so awful for you in the past year, but you cannot keep this to all yourself.
I worry what will happen to you.

I'm looking forward to seeing DD today, who is bringing my medication. It's a pity we can't have a chat, as it's blowing a hooley, with torrential rain and she can't come in, especially as she has been for shopping for me.
DH is delighted as his newly seeded grass has terminated at last. No need to water it.

We got a lovely surprise yesterday. A letter arrived in the post, addressed to Gran and Papa, in a child's writing. ?
DGD had drawn us a rainbow to put in the window.
She had drawn us, standing under the rainbow. DH had extremely long black hair, if only! ?
My DIL is trying so hard to make up for the fact we cannot see her, as are many parents. She even managed to get the last three tins of condensed milk in Asda.
My neighbours will be delighted when I make tablet today.

I'm going to cut DH's hair today. He has asked me not to touch the top, denying he has a bald patch. If I do as he asks, he will look like the man from the old Hamlet cigar advert.?

Urmston, great news about your sister managing to sell her house. A friend has been lumbered with two homes, after his house sale stalled due to the virus. Such a worry for people.☹️

Have the best day you can everyone. For those of you, who have sunshine, I'm with envy! Enjoy!

kittylester Sat 23-May-20 07:59:56

Morning all from a bright but windy looking North Leicestershire.

Not much on the agenda today apart from planting the plants I didn't plant yesterday.

gilly, I am sure that you have never been a bad person in this life or anyither. I wish there was something we could to help but you kniw you can talk to us and off load if it helps.

Nannytopsy Sat 23-May-20 08:02:13

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Suffolk is sunny and very windy again. DS and family were going to camp in their garden but not today I fear. We had to bring a banana palm and the tomato plants into the kitchen yesterday. Should only be until tomorrow ?
Gilly I can only add my best wishes to everyone else’s.
Ironing and cleaning today I think. There must be a film I can watch.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

dragonfly46 Sat 23-May-20 08:02:18

Good morning from a very blustery Leicestershire.

Waitrose delivery this morning then the Dexter handover.

Oh gilly so sorry to hear your news. You really are having a rough time. I do hope things look brighter today.

Brunette10 Sat 23-May-20 08:02:26

Good Morning to you all and to those who follow. It's been a terrible night here and today is just about the same. Pouring with rain with the wind battering everywhere. Not good at all. However it's only weather and compared to what I have just read Gilly I can't imagine how you must be feeling. There MUST be some way or someone who can help you out here, feel as if you are banging your head all the time off a brick wall. I sincerely hope you get some support, this must not be allowed to continue. Talk about mental health awareness. I sincerely hope you will be able to get some needed support to get this whole thing sorted out.

Don't think we have any plans for today, def won't get out in the garden. Expecting new garden furniture at some point hopefully today but will be delivered into garage and left there for the time being. DH had a good birthday yesterday despite being in lockdown, his day went well enough and he was pleased with it so that's the main thing. I hope everyone with troubles no matter what get through today we are all thinking of you. flowers

Urmstongran Sat 23-May-20 08:03:24

Good point GG13 about the accountant - I forgot gillybob had one.

Gelisajams Sat 23-May-20 08:07:28

Good morning from a bright, windy Morecambe Bay. DH has gone running leaving me in bed with a mug of tea and my iPad. I hope he doesn’t get blown into the canal that he runs along!
Words fail me Gilly ? I just hope there is someone somewhere who can advise on a way to sort everything out with your business.
I got a text message from DS1 yesterday. He’s done major alterations on his house mainly all by his own hands as cash is in short supply and he’s not a builder. It’s finally pretty much all come together recently. Yesterday his OH dropped a pad lid on the new ceramic hob and no, it didn’t bounce!
Not a lot planned for today, Maybe do our weights exercises. I’m assured strength training is good for me but I’m not over keen. A phone call shortly to my friend in Somerset. Although not shielding, her housing complex have advised her not to go out at all. She has 2 people who are in daily contact and doing her shopping. She says it’s getting that she’s afraid to go out. She has no immediate family to FaceTime or Zoom and is finding the lockdown difficult.
Thinking of all with problems, take care and stay safe everyone. ?

ninathenana Sat 23-May-20 08:11:31

Morning all from bright and breezy Kent.
Himself has left on his walk to do the weekly supermarket shop and I will wait to be summoned to go and collect him. He's then going to cook breakfast. He enjoys doing it, honestly.
Have a good day.