Gransnet forums

Chat

What have you done today and what do you plan to do next?

(68 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Sun 24-May-20 13:34:11

Hi all,
I have been lazy today and the past few days as I've just had no motivation. I am still in my pyjamas, so I am going to go for a shower and put some clothes on as I feel I need to sort myself out. I had a delivery of clothes (and the pyjamas I am wearing) yesterday but I don't want to wear them, I want to wait until after lockdown to show them off. Normally I would put my makeup on but I haven't for a few days as I ran out of foundation (which I am having delivered sometime this week) so I won't bother. I am also thinking about sorting out my feet and nails. I might also do a face mask. Hope you're all well.
Take care,
FlyingHandbag x

Rosalyn69 Wed 27-May-20 18:03:07

Made peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies.
Tomorrow is another country aka I have no idea.

Maggiemaybe Wed 27-May-20 17:41:57

I’m glad to hear you’re recovering, grannyactivist, and that you enjoyed your peaceful walk.

Your son-in-law sounds like an exceptional man and it must be a great comfort to you to have such fond memories. You must be so proud of him and of his son. flowers

grannyactivist Wed 27-May-20 00:21:05

Today I went for a walk. It took me exactly an hour to walk only two and a half miles, but it's the longest walk I've managed since I was taken ill last year. It was very peaceful as we walked on the local common, there were very few other people around and the views down the valley to the coast were beautiful.

We spent some time remembering our son-in-law who was killed in Afghanistan ten years ago today; we were saddened to think that he will never know the joy of watching his baby boy grow up to became a musically gifted ten year old - who looks very like him. Instead he's frozen in our memories, forever twenty six years old with a razor sharp wit, a ready smile and a habit of making the most serious occasion a foil for his subversive brand of humour. He was loved and his loss is still felt keenly. sad

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 26-May-20 23:58:52

Ate breakfast (outside): poached egg and toast. Make by DH, who does it every day. Not poached egg, breakfast smile

Checked on polytunnel. Set the irrigation up yesterday. Success. Picked more strawberries. Planted more beans.
Took Mya, dog, for a long walk through our woods.
Thought about cutting grass but decided that's for tomorrow.
Got DH's camera out and tried to snap the birds we get coming down for food. Gold finches are amazing. More of that tomorrow. Going to sit in shade. Too hot for gardening.

18:00 - came in and spent too long reading GN- too many threads about Cummings Wished I hadn't. Disappointed with how many believe what's written in the media. Angry (with some posters) but decided not to post a comment.

20:00 Messaged daughter, who's just started a new job.

Callistemon Tue 26-May-20 22:21:24

I think the large spiders had produced lots of baby spiders. They poo everywhere too.
It really was time to do something, a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle won't pick them up as the cobwebs stick like glue.

merlotgran Tue 26-May-20 22:17:02

Ditto, Calli although I can't remember when I last cleared a cobweb from anywhere.

Spiders must be having a field day.

Callistemon Tue 26-May-20 22:13:54

Today:
Cleared cobwebs from conservatory
Gardening
Cooking

Tomorrow:
Gardening
Cooking

Thursday:
Gardening
Cooking

Friday:
Cleaning
Gardening
Cooking

Etc
Etc
Etc

MadCatWoman1 Tue 26-May-20 21:48:08

Today = hung out the washing, did some gardening (cut the grass, trimmed some bushes, started painting the fence).

Did another load of washing, vacuumed through downstairs.

Took all the dry washing in, ironed the things that needed doing, folded the rest up. Made a cottage pie, painted a bit more of the fencing.

Blinko Tue 26-May-20 20:13:16

We, not E...

Blinko Tue 26-May-20 20:13:05

E met friends at a local beauty spot and strolled, social distancing in operation. I walked with her, OH walked with him, so we each met one person... We know who they see - no one apart from us - so we applied common sense. We're meeting them again next week. Same park, same rules, I expect.

Maggiemaybe Tue 26-May-20 19:53:39

A Fabulous50s exercise video first thing. A shower. Popmaster on Radio 2. Ordered some comics to be sent to the grandsons. Realised a friend’s 70th’s coming up so added a bottle of whiskey to my Sainsburys online order. Did yesterday’s Guardian crossword (didn’t finish it). Sent a few texts. Walked down the hill to post a letter and jogged part of the way back. Ate meals that DH cooked.

I reckon that’s about 5 hours of activity and I can’t account for the other 6. I’m so disappointed with myself, I’m just going to put the TV on and watch Life & Birth and The A Word. Maybe with a glass of something cool.

watermeadow Tue 26-May-20 19:16:59

Today was the usual thrill. Walked dog at 7am, too hot to be outside for the rest of the day.
Did sewing, looked up recipes for fancy birthday cake, which I shall make tomorrow.
Moved the furniture around in the sitting room. Tried to nap after lunch but dog woke me up barking.
Shouted at dog for barking about 50 times, as I do every day.

GrandmasueUK Tue 26-May-20 11:40:16

Yesterday: tried some new recipes. Easy tomato sauce - burned it. Roast celeriac - didn't like it. Nectarine crumble - more of a flapjack topping but we quite enjoyed it.

Today did some washing, sat and read outside, made mayonnaise for the first time - quite tasty. Scallops and salad for supper. (Typed this yesterday and didn't even get round to posting it!)

Purplepixie Tue 26-May-20 10:03:19

A good long walk today and then maybe make an apple pie when I get back. Getting really sick of it all now and I miss the grand kids so much. They text but it is not the same and a hug or three would be great, but I know I am not alone. Have the best day that you can. X

whywhywhy Tue 26-May-20 10:01:18

Packing and just waiting for the signal and then I move out! Hopefully some time soon.

Craftycat Tue 26-May-20 10:00:12

Mostly lying on a sunbed in the garden with my Kindle- it has been gorgeous & I am a real sun worshipper. I have a tan approaching the one I would have got if I could have gone to Greece as planned.

newnanny Tue 26-May-20 02:26:50

I have ripped out an old kitchen from one of our b2l houses. Tomorrow we will wash kitchen wall as greasy, paint kitchen wall white then start putting in another kitchen. Won't be able to do any more until the weekend. Very hot and hard work.

Sussexborn Tue 26-May-20 01:08:18

So it is grannybuy!

grannybuy Tue 26-May-20 00:54:28

Tomorrow is now today!

grannybuy Tue 26-May-20 00:53:54

Was up before 8.00, and watched BBC breakfast while eating my breakfast. Did the ironing in my pyjamas, then had a bath and washed my hair. Read most of today's Gransnet between coffee and lunchtime. After that, I cut some fabric, ready to make some masks in the evening. In the afternoon, I visited my husband in his nursing home. I've only seen him through his window until today. As it was warm today, he was wheeled into the garden, and I sat at a distance. He has had Covid 19 while in lockdown. Fortunately, his lungs weren't affected, but it has left him very frail, and unwilling to eat or drink very much. It was a bittersweet occasion. This evening I pinned and basted the two layers and lining of the masks, grappling with fitting in the elastic, ready to be machined tomorrow.

Kim19 Mon 25-May-20 20:29:30

Horrid start. In bed, heard the bin lorry and realised I hadn't put my wheelie out. Never done this before. Forgot what day it was. Kindly fellow went round the back looking and was making his way out when I, somewhat bedraggled, made my appearance. Embarrassing, but he was terrific. Life improved considerably when grasscutting company appeared for the first time this season and hacked away at my jungle. Vast improvement. Experience so uplifting that I put the first coat of gloss on a set of drawers I'm giving a facelift to. Still buoyed, I put on a washing which I anticipate ironing shortly. Tomorrow I will lie in indefinitely!

rubysong Mon 25-May-20 19:11:22

Yesterday we saw the online church service then had a long walk. In the afternoon we skyped with DS 1 I in USA. Him and the DGC were lazing about in hammock while DDiL was digging a veg patch. Today I have done the ironing and finished a jigsaw then we went to buy fruit and veg from a roadside stall. A short walk by the river then home to finish a jigsaw. Next, water the garden them aG&T.

Megs36 Mon 25-May-20 17:31:35

Relieved it# not just me ?

moggie57 Mon 25-May-20 17:11:28

done nothing yesterday or today .tottally depressed ...did watch church service on youtube. but apart from that nilch....i cant be bothered .

Ellie Anne Mon 25-May-20 16:45:10

I did some housework, went for my weekly shop then went for a walk round our local nature reserve. This afternoon I have done some gardening. Tonight I will watch tv and do some cross stitch.