Gransnet forums

Chat

BORIS looks awful

(69 Posts)
travelsafar Mon 25-May-20 19:38:54

Does anyone else agree he looked awful when doing the briefing this evening. All this with DC after having covid 19 I think is taking its toll.

Esspee Tue 26-May-20 10:09:53

I was feeling quite well disposed towards Boris until he backed Cummings. Now getting rid of Boris seems to be the only way to get rid of Cummings.

harrigran Tue 26-May-20 12:02:35

BJ might as well resign I can't imagine anyone having any confidence in any decisions he makes now.

12Michael Tue 26-May-20 12:11:35

Would the saying death warmed up apply.
Mick

Rosalyn69 Tue 26-May-20 12:18:25

I have no sympathy for Boris but I do think he looks unwell. I rather imagine DC knows where all the bodies are buried and Boris looks totally out of his depth. I don’t think this Prime Ministering thing is what he signed up for. He’s not the man for a crisis.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 26-May-20 12:25:27

If this continues to gain traction, the Tories will undoubtedly get rid of Johnson before the next election. The trouble is it is a long way off. Meanwhile we have an ineffectual prime minister being led by a weirdo or misfit who has lied to save his own skin, but who sees it as a massive game that he can easily “win”, with the support of the right wing and media of whom he professes to be in utter Comtempt.

Urmstongran Tue 26-May-20 12:37:47

We said last night we thought he looked better! Tired maybe. He had a bad dose of C-19 this horrible virus must take its toll. He even mentioned he’d had problems with his eyesight.

I hope he can rest up (a bit) we need him next month to enter the Brexit talks!

Lucca Tue 26-May-20 12:47:32

Oh yes of course that must be the priority next month, not the pandemic or anything. Just get brexit done and bugger anything else. If a few (thousand) pensioners die so be it in the words of DC

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 12:49:12

Exactly, NotSpaghetti, it does come and go in waves and this is where the danger of it is as it enters the weakest part of your body to set up a further infection which is why so many died from kidney failure. All the " breeding grounds " of the body which viruses love.

Which is why most of us dread a second wave added to the usual Autumn/Winter viruses which the ordinary 'flu vaccine won't touch.

Boris has made it look as though it's only a couple of weeks illness when clearly it isn't and much longer. He's foolish to have returned so quickly because it's evident that his breathing isn't as it should be given the pauses between sentences.

Urmstongran Tue 26-May-20 13:09:52

Lucca that was a crass statement. The virus numbers are plummeting. Brexit negotiations have been ongoing throughout via David Frost and Michel Barnier. They will continue. June is an important stage.

quizqueen Tue 26-May-20 13:34:05

EV says
''He insulted Nick Clegg's proposals on free school meals as something " he'd dreamed up on the back of a cigarette packet ".

Well I read that Cleggie is a heavy smoker, something he seems to have hidden from the public. I think giving free meals to all infants was a ridiculous and unnecessary costly idea. It's up to parents to make sure their children are fed and ready for school in the morning, especially as some families will also be receiving other benefits as well. That means the taxpayer was paying twice!! It's about time those parents, who not look after their children properly, are the ones who are criticised.

As for the comment that a few pensioners will die, well many die every month anyway and I don't think it is fair to leave future generations to pay the debt for saving a few of them (I am a pensioner too, btw). The majority of you are always moaning about how hard it for young people nowadays as it. A few people on this site have expressed the wish that they would like to see certain people dead; Mr Trump, in particular. Any complains I've made about those posters have fallen on deaf ears to the moderators so it seems it's okay to say that!!

Lucca Tue 26-May-20 13:50:02

URmstongran. 1625 new cases. Hardly plummeting.
I thought calling my post crass was rude by the way.

heath480 Tue 26-May-20 14:49:28

Couldn’t care less now,whether he is ill or not,he has no morals.

This Dominic Cummings saga has finished me supporting the Government.He should have been immediately sacked.That smirk he did after the News Conference!!

lemongrove Tue 26-May-20 14:56:00

Lucca I thought your post was beyond crass actually!

lemongrove Tue 26-May-20 14:57:04

Virus numbers(deaths) in the UK are getting lower all the time, thank goodness.

MissAdventure Tue 26-May-20 14:58:20

Let's hope the trend continues, though I have my doubts now, largely thanks to this fiasco.

Callistemon Tue 26-May-20 15:10:10

I think the after effects of this virus can linger on and on and can be devastating in those who have suffered badly from it.

MayBee70 Tue 26-May-20 15:25:18

He doesn't seem much different to usual. It's just that his mumbling and bumbling combined with his usual dishevelled self are more obvious since people like Raab have taken over the daily briefing. And it comes to something when Raab, Hancock et al look far more ministerial than the leader of our country. This country has become a worldwide joke which is fuelled by having a leader that looks like a clown. I'm surprised he doesn't just send his dad on to cover for him; you know, the one that told everyone to just carry on going to the pub...

Callistemon Tue 26-May-20 16:18:51

I rather like Stanley!
But I wouldn't want him running the country

Oh, wait a minute, perhaps he's preferable to DC

Happygirl79 Tue 26-May-20 16:48:16

I can no longer believe anything Boris or his selection of yes men government ministers say
Its up to us to stay as safe as possible and to be kind to one another to get through this
Boris Johnson is not a natural leader and is floundering badly
Dominic Cummings is most definitely a career psychopath.
His body language in that chat to us all said more than his words did
And of course it was well staged
He was wearing unthreatening attire, looking down reading his lines almost meekly but let down the show by not finding it possible to apologise
Boris should go and DC should follow

lilydily9 Tue 26-May-20 16:55:54

Boris is not well, it's pretty obvious just looking at him. His eyesight has been affected and it seems, even if you do survive the virus, it leaves its mark. No sympathy for Cummings though and this must only add to the stress Boris is dealing with.

varian Tue 26-May-20 17:09:26

Poor old Boris would be doing himself and all of us a big favour if he resigned on grounds of ill-health (a well established euphemisim for many things) and took his SPAD with him.

But I'm not betting on that happening. BJ has delusions of grandeur and DC delusions of indispensability.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 26-May-20 17:13:05

Or is it just delusional

MissAdventure Tue 26-May-20 17:18:26

I've not seen boris's glasses yet, and it's not a known effect of the virus.

Oopsminty Tue 26-May-20 17:21:30

The WHO have eye problems listed as symptoms with this virus

MissAdventure Tue 26-May-20 17:23:46

Ah, apologies. I honestly didn't know that. blush
Do they recommend testing by getting behind the wheel of a car?